Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come on fellas keep it real...Cotto's face was damaged Vid inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not the same. Those look like scrapes.

I.E. when the gloves aren't slick, it can irritate your skin.

In the first fight, he had small lumps on his face.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by James78 View Post
        Wow thats your argument, is that the best you can do? Go and try on some more masks you queer boy.
        What's the point of me trying to explain this to you??? you got Cotto's *** shaft so deep down your through when he jizzez it comes out your A-hole......which means no matter in what layman's terms I explain it to you your eyes are shut so tight with image of your daddy cotto that it be an exercise in futility.....true story!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KOKings View Post
          Probably the most underrated aspect in all this is that Cotto's movement, at times running, at times lateral movement and much more likely to hold Margarito (I remember Cotto didn't do this until it was too late in the 1st fight and was a stationary target, sitting on the ropes and all that much more so than in this fight) being a much, much better explanation of the lack of damage on Cotto's face.

Look I'm a Cotto fan but I will say when many of my fellow Cotto fans seem reluctant to say because of hatred of Margarito and love of Cotto and it's this: I think Cotto and his team had the wrong gameplan and the wrong preperation for the 1st fight and would've probably lost with or without plaster the only difference being in the amount of damage taken. It was just a wrong game plan for a tough as nails brawler like Margarito.

Take a look at the 7th round of this fight where at this point in the 1st fight it all started to go downhill quickly for Cotto. Margo landed 46 power punches in that round in the 1st fight vs 16 power punches in the rematch and I don't believe he threw more than 100 in any round.

That alone tells me that Cotto's movement, defense, holding and some would say running was a bigger factor in making this a Cotto victory than anything else.

Of course having that bum eye was just icing but to me the victory had more to do with having the right gameplan and the right preparation than handwraps.
          I did not read your post but I had to comment on that girl in your avatar. She's insane hot

Comment

I think it had to do more with the fact that Margarito landed more power punches in the first fight. At the end of the first fight, Margarito had landed 237 power punches, that's a little over 100 more than what he landed in the rematch which was 131. And sure you can say, "Well yeah, fought two more rounds in the first fight than in the rematch, that's why he landed more". But look at these numbers real quick.

In the first fight, round 7, Margarito landed an impressive 46 power punches. In the 2nd round, Margarito landed 29 power punches. In the 9th round he landed 25 power punches. These are impressive numbers that nobody is taking in to account.

In the rematch, Margarito's best round, power wise, was the last round he fought in, in which he landed 25 power punches. Prior to this round, Margarito landed from 3 to 17 power punches per round, no where near the amount he was landing in the first fight. Can plaster make you threw more? I don't think so.

Look at his pathetic power punch numbers in the rematch and compare them to the first fight:

Power Punches Landed for Margarito only/Comparison.

1=First fight

2=Rematch

Round 1:

1st Fight: 7
            Rematch: 3

Round 2:

1: 29
            2: 8

Round 3:

1: 14
            2: 23

Round 4:

1: 15
            2: 17

Round 5

1: 16
            2: 15

Round 6

1: 22
            2: 13

Round 7

1: 46
            2: 16

Round 8

1: 20
            2: 11

Round 9

1: 25
            2: 25

Let's stop right there, to compare them.

In the first fight, at the end of round 9, Margarito had landed 194 power punches. In the rematch, only 131. That's a difference of 63 power punches, which is a big difference.

If Margarito had a better eye, he could have thrown more, therefore landed more, and be in a the fight more than he already was. And most likely bust Miguel Cotto's face up more than he did.

Those who don't like compubox, can disregard these numbers as much as you want. But numbers don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I think it had to do more with the fact that Margarito landed more power punches in the first fight. At the end of the first fight, Margarito had landed 237 power punches, that's a little over 100 more than what he landed in the rematch which was 131. And sure you can say, "Well yeah, fought two more rounds in the first fight than in the rematch, that's why he landed more". But look at these numbers real quick.

In the first fight, round 7, Margarito landed an impressive 46 power punches. In the 2nd round, Margarito landed 29 power punches. In the 9th round he landed 25 power punches. These are impressive numbers that nobody is taking in to account.

In the rematch, Margarito's best round, power wise, was the last round he fought in, in which he landed 25 power punches. Prior to this round, Margarito landed from 3 to 17 power punches per round, no where near the amount he was landing in the first fight. Can plaster make you threw more? I don't think so.

Look at his pathetic power punch numbers in the rematch and compare them to the first fight:

1=First fight

2=Rematch

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9

In the first fight, at the end of round 9, Margarito had landed 194 power punches. In the rematch, only 131. That's a difference of 63 power punches, which is a big difference.

If Margarito had a better eye, he could have thrown more, therefore landed more, and be in a the fight more than he already was. And most likely bust Miguel Cotto's face up more than he did.

Those who don't like compubox, can disregard these numbers as much as you want. But numbers don't lie.
              Damn son green k......that's alot of work......(didn't read it all but damn)

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
                ... That right there folks is proof.
                Cotto's face wasn't damaged as bad as it was the first fight, but let's not act like he looked like he didn't even get into a fight.
                This Cotto face is nowhere near as bad as the Cotto face after 10 rounds in the last fight. This fact reinforces my opinion that Margarito probably loaded his gloves in the first fight.

But it's not proof that he did.

There's no proof either way.

Never was never will be.

That doesn't change that most folks think Marg probably cheated throughout his career.

Marg and his sycophants have to live with the fact that his legacy is forever tainted.

It is what it is.

Suck it up and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

1=First fight

2=Rematch

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9

10 oz gloves

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                    This Cotto face is nowhere near as bad as the Cotto face after 10 rounds in the last fight. This fact reinforces my opinion that Margarito probably loaded his gloves in the first fight.

But it's not proof that he did.

There's no proof either way.

Never was never will be.

That doesn't change that most folks think Marg probably cheated throughout his career.

Marg and his sycophants have to live with the fact that his legacy is forever tainted.

It is what it is.

Suck it up and move on.
                    When will jotto stans be able to accept that jotto gassed out and quit by taking a knee!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
                      10 oz gloves
                      That makes it even more stupid for people to claim this fight is proof that Margarito cheated in the first fight.

So 10oz gloves and Margarito landed less power punches. Lol wow and even with that look how he left Cotto's face.

Comment

Working...
                      X