Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects De La Hoya To Get Him Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any real fan should just boycott that fight. it's an easy pay day for Mayweather.

it's a garbage fight and not worth $60.

we all be getting fed **** until we stop putting with that kind of match making.

Canelo should quit ducking Chavez

Comment

Mayweather gets nothing but a big payday and an undefeated fighter on his resume. In terms of making history or something, he gets nothing. Then again beating Pacquiao, Khan, Guerrero, Maidana, or Ortiz/Berto II winner is nothing but big paydays as well. Floyd would probably get more haters as well.

The only history making fight is Sergio Martinez at 160 for The Ring MW title, if Floyd wins he'd have titles in 6 weight classes.

Canelo on the other hand, if he wins he gets a win over the undefeated 10 time champion in 5 different weight classes, #1 Pound 4 Pound fighter, future Hall Of Famer, top 50 ATG on his resume. Plus the best part, a big check, doubles his already huge fanbase, becomes a top 5 P4P fighter, and basically becomes the new Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
        both fighters were tired in round 4. not just canelo. boxing takes much more out of you than football/soccer does.
        Canelo is a 21 years old boxer, Cintron is 32 and honestly, he's completely shot. I practice both soccer at some amateur tournaments and boxing at a gym near my house, and yeah I can tell you that IMO boxing is more demanding than soccer, however soccer is a sport that depends a lot on physical endurance. Mexico national team takes advantage on the altitude in the last 15 or 20 minutes of the match when their opponents starts to gas out, not since the 20 or 30 minute mark, at that time both teams are still playing at similar energy levels. In boxing it's the same, you can't blame the altitude for getting tired during the first 4 rounds of the fight ... Altitude can be blamed if he was getting tired at round 7 maybe, when he normally gets tired a little bit latter, but round 4? That's way too earlier...

A guy who supposedly trains at top level can't get tired at round 4 because of the altitude, or are you telling me that at sea level he was going to resist until round 9 or 10 without gassing out as he did today? Altitude is an important factor, but that's no excuse to get tired so early ... altitude can make a boxer get tired 2 or even 3 rounds earlier than he normally does, but not 4 or 5 rounds earlier, they're not fighting in La Paz, Bolivia or even Toluca, México.

Comment

I know flody is not in that division I was talking bout alvarez fighting james kirkland or cotto

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Canelo is a 21 years old boxer, Cintron is 32 and honestly, he's completely shot. I practice both soccer at some amateur tournaments and boxing at a gym near my house, and yeah I can tell you that IMO boxing is more demanding than soccer, however soccer is a sport that depends a lot on physical endurance. Mexico national team takes advantage on the altitude in the last 15 or 20 minutes of the match when their opponents starts to gas out, not since the 20 or 30 minute mark, at that time both teams are still playing at similar energy levels. In boxing it's the same, you can't blame the altitude for getting tired during the first 4 rounds of the fight ... Altitude can be blamed if he was getting tired at round 7 maybe, when he normally gets tired a little bit latter, but round 4? That's way too earlier...

A guy who supposedly trains at top level can't get tired at round 4 because of the altitude, or are you telling me that at sea level he was going to resist until round 9 or 10 without gassing out as he did today? Altitude is an important factor, but that's no excuse to get tired so early ... altitude can make a boxer get tired 2 or even 3 rounds earlier than he normally does, but not 4 or 5 rounds earlier, they're not fighting in La Paz, Bolivia or even Toluca, México.
            you think someone like Pacquiao or Mayweather can go 12 in Mexico City without gassing out? Impossible. Watch the fight again . Canelo wasn't even gassed out like you make it seem. watch closely.

Comment

you think someone like Pacquiao or Mayweather can go 12 in Mexico City without gassing out? Impossible. Watch the fight again . Canelo wasn't even gassed out like you make it seem. watch closely.
              No I don't think they can go 12 in Mexico City without gassing out, but I do believe that they can go more than 4 rounds without being as tired as Canelo was.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Mayweather gets nothing but a big payday and an undefeated fighter on his resume. In terms of making history or something, he gets nothing. Then again beating Pacquiao, Khan, Guerrero, Maidana, or Ortiz/Berto II winner is nothing but big paydays as well. Floyd would probably get more haters as well.

The only history making fight is Sergio Martinez at 160 for The Ring MW title, if Floyd wins he'd have titles in 6 weight classes.

Canelo on the other hand, if he wins he gets a win over the undefeated 10 time champion in 5 different weight classes, #1 Pound 4 Pound fighter, future Hall Of Famer, top 50 ATG on his resume. Plus the best part, a big check, doubles his already huge fanbase, becomes a top 5 P4P fighter, and basically becomes the new Golden Boy.
                exactly, it's pretty much a win/win situation for both sides. i just posted a comment like this in another thread like 2 seconds ago. only thing is if alvarez doesn't get ruined mentally, cause if this happens, i expect mayweather to stop him.

Comment

Canelo looked gassed in this fight because it was outdoors in Mexico City. There is a reason why the Mexican national team is unbeatable in Mexico City. It's hard to not get gassed there. The altitude is no joke
                  US national team > Mexican national team

Comment

Originally posted by Bear06 View Post
                    US national team > Mexican national team
                    Lol........

Comment

LOL mayweather should just tell him you know what ok i'll fight you...and since you say you don't wanna fight me because of the money how about we do this a 95% to 5% split since you are only interested in me for my talent and not the money i bring to the table. i bet that would shut up canelo real quick

Comment

Working...
                      X