Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: I'm The Only Option For Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the list of viable opponents for floyd really isn't that short; i can think of 5 fighters at least that should be on the list. . . it should be in this order: pacquiao, khan, martinez, cotto (if he beats margarito), canelo, bradley, shyt why not kirkland? all these guys should be over guerrero, who has proved NOTHING. . . absolutely NOTHING. . . ESPECIALLY ABOVE 135!!! LOL. . . Fight Maidana like you were supposed to, and we'll go from there. . .

of course bradley and pac are arum guys (hopefully cotto won't be after his fight with margarito). . .

I honestly think Cotto will be the opponent - everything is working out perfectly. . publicity coming off the margarito fight, contract is up with arum. . .

Comment

Rather see Guerrero fight Maidana, Khan, and Bradley first. Guerrero is good, but nowhere near ready for Floyd. With that said, unless Saul Alvarez beats Cotto, Lara, or Kirkland, he doesn't deserve a Floyd fight either.

Besides Manny Pacquiao, the only people right now who'd deserve a Floyd fight are Timothy Bradley (if he beats a top contender again at WW), Amir Khan (if he beats Ortiz, Berto, etc.), Andre Berto (if he beats Ortiz and Khan), Ortiz (if he were to beat Maidana, Berto, Khan, etc.), and Sergio Martinez. THAT'S IT.

Wouldn't consider Guerrero until he beats a top guy or two at 140 (Maidana, Alvarado, Bradley, etc.). Wouldn't consider Alvarez until he beats a couple good fighters at 154 (Cotto, Lara, Kirkland). Wouldn't consider Kirkland until he gets another huge win at 154 (Alvarez, Cotto, Lara). Woudn't consider Cotto until he gets a big win or two again (Alvarez, Kirkland, Lara).

That's where I'm at.

Comment

Damn he's serious! mayb he gotta point you know hatton was giving mayweather some problems early on with volume punching until mayweather's buddy cortez stepped in and stopped hatton from fighting his fight.

Comment

Soon the *******s will say here that Floyd is saying that he is fighting Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            the list of viable opponents for floyd really isn't that short; i can think of 5 fighters at least that should be on the list. . . it should be in this order: pacquiao, khan, martinez, cotto (if he beats margarito), canelo, bradley, shyt why not kirkland? all these guys should be over guerrero, who has proved NOTHING. . . absolutely NOTHING. . . ESPECIALLY ABOVE 135!!! LOL. . . Fight Maidana like you were supposed to, and we'll go from there. . .

of course bradley and pac are arum guys (hopefully cotto won't be after his fight with margarito). . .

I honestly think Cotto will be the opponent - everything is working out perfectly. . publicity coming off the margarito fight, contract is up with arum. . .
            I don't see Floyd fighting Cotto at all.

Cotto is a Pac left over (yes, JMM was as well, but you could argue that JMM beat Pac twice already when he stepped in against Floyd). I honestly would rather see Cotto fight Kirkland or Alvarez next, or even Chavez Jr, so we can see what Julio is all about with a pretty decent fighter. If Cotto were to get a huge win over Kirkland or Alvarez, I'd like to see him fight Floyd.

Floyd's list should be this:

Manny Pacquiao
            Sergio Martinez
            Amir Khan
            Timothy Bradley
            James Kirkland
            Saul Alvarez
            Andre Berto-Victor Ortiz winner
            Erislandy Lara
            Miguel Cotto

And THAN Robert Guerrero, Devon Alexander, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              I don't see Floyd fighting Cotto at all.

Cotto is a Pac left over (yes, JMM was as well, but you could argue that JMM beat Pac twice already when he stepped in against Floyd). I honestly would rather see Cotto fight Kirkland or Alvarez next, or even Chavez Jr, so we can see what Julio is all about with a pretty decent fighter. If Cotto were to get a huge win over Kirkland or Alvarez, I'd like to see him fight Floyd.

Floyd's list should be this:

Manny Pacquiao
              Sergio Martinez
              Amir Khan
              Timothy Bradley
              James Kirkland
              Saul Alvarez
              Andre Berto-Victor Ortiz winner
              Erislandy Lara
              Miguel Cotto

And THAN Robert Guerrero, Devon Alexander, etc.

not saying i would prefer he take the cotto fight, but we know floyd puts dollar signs first. . . and without a doubt, aside from pac, cotto puts the most asses in seats, and the most eyes on the tv. . . him or canelo are the most lucrative options for generating money. . . khan could generate some serious international revenue so i rate him of having a high chance to get the fight. . . don't see sergio martinez ever getting the fight. .. too much risk/reward. . . id give floyd mad props if he took on the challenge, though.

Comment

Another part of the Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy's poor retaliation to Arum's Pacquiao-JMM rematch for negotiation leverage. A bunch of mismatched fighters now appear to be seriously looking for an undeserved paycheck at Mayweather. Even *****s would rather go spend their money at KFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                  why doesn't he call out Khan. that has a more realistic chance of happening, both are golden boy, wouldn't be hard to make
                  He challenged all 3 of them, Morales, Canelo, and Khan at the end of the article. He said it they have a problem with what he said then let's get it on. Then he went on to personally challenge Khan. This is the second time he takes a direct shot at Khan.

Comment

Guerrero used to be a nice modest guy, now every week he's coming out with these lame soundbites.

Comment

khan vs guerrero is the fight i want to see........

make it happen

Comment

Working...
                      X