No announcement yet.

If Margarito did use illegal wraps in the first fight,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
    Do you have scientific proof of this? I'm actually contemplating on submitting this plaster-case to MythBuster and see if they can prove or debunk the theory.
    No, all the scientists say Margarito never had a plaster like substance.

Capetillo was banned for life and Margarito was suspended for over a year because they used old, dirty gauze. Didn't you hear man?

Unban Capetillo

Comment

Originally posted by RAW View Post
      IDK. Cotto still tired down the stretch from all the movement he used & Margarito was still able to close the distance & get to him. I think his work rate will wear Cotto down again. Cotto hit him with everything but the kitchen sink & still didn't deter him.
      Possibly the best analysis so far in the thread. However, Cotto may be fitter this time and able to sustain the movement for longer. If he does that for say 9 rounds this time in instead of 7, then he can just run for the rest of the fight like he did against Pacquiao.

Comment

cotto tko 8

Comment

The argument that Cotto hit Marg with his best is not 100% because the plaster broke Cotto's body down and had Cotto on the back foot. He was drained much sooner thanks to broken nose in round 2 and those plaster shots to body.... We will see if Marg's do it again without the plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
            Yeah cus sweaty gloves allows plaster to dry out right? Get ****ing real not a single rib was broked on Miguels body, and if those wraps did have plaster that would be the first thing to happen to him
            WHY did Capetillo get banned for life, for gauze? Why did he try to cheat Mosley and not Cotto, who Mosley already lost a clear unanimous decision to? If Margarito did not feel the plaster in the Mosley bout, which is his defense, how would he feel it for the Cotto fight? You guys are such haters I swear, you defend a guy who gets caught red handed. That picture is clearly not a marker, that gauze is cracked to any objective eye. With ALL this common sense and real proof that he did use plaster, the only thing you bring me is Miguel did not have a broken rib? BE REAL.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMigra View Post
              The argument that Cotto hit Marg with his best is not 100% because the plaster broke Cotto's body down and had Cotto on the back foot. He was drained much sooner thanks to broken nose in round 2 and those plaster shots to body.... We will see if Marg's do it again without the plaster.
              ^ THIS argument. I've been saying this from the beginning, thank you. A lot of this is common sense, but ignorance is bliss. Some people swear all this objective arguing is just because we're Puerto Rican and they start talking mad **** when we make them look stupid like we're "fanboys", "crybaby's" and Cotto "nuthuggers" (real grown words) but this cheat ruined a career and the mental/physical state of a man and his family. I think it's clear most people have no respect for cheaters, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
                YO you made the video yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Right, because the first time Margarito used plaster was against Mosley.

Even though Capetillo said "we do this all the time". But then changed his story for the 10th time by saying he grabbed the wrong gauze.

How can you grab the wrong gauze and they have plaster on them if you never did it before?

But oh wait, we can't even get that far because you refuse to acknowledge that Margarito cheated against Mosley in the first place. As if you're some kind of scientist knowing that sulfar vs sulfate is some huge difference.

Go back to your community center that you call boxing gym.
                  Boy What a boxing "genius".... Here is something I just found, amonst many others of similiar type, including a good New Youk Daily News report by Mitch Abrahamson. But this had more detail. So...if you're interested, seeing that Cotto-Margarito2 is just about here, read on;;

By Tommy Allan

January 24th 2009 may not mean much to anyone but to Antonio Margarito it is a date that will forever be etched in his mind. Margarito would square off against Sugar Shane Mosley making the first defense of his WBA welterweight title that he had won 6 months prior in a sensational come from behind performance against previously unbeaten Puerto Rican, Miguel Cotto.

Mosley would stop Margarito in 9 brutal rounds to claim the title but it was what happened in the dressing room, before the fight, that will haunt Margarito untill his dying day.

Mosley’s trainer Nazeem Richardson was present as Margarito was having his hands wrapped and as the right hand of Margarito was finished, everything seemed to be fine with Richardson, and the commissioners who were present.

With the right hand prepared and the left now underway, Richardson asked them to stop and requested to see the knuckle pad that was already inserted on the right hand. At this point, the Californian State Commissioner said “no, the wrap has already been completed”.

After some back and forth, Margarito would put up his right hand saying “look, I’ve got nothing to hide. Look at it, take it off”.

At this point the commissioner instructed the trainer to cut the wrap open and remove the pad.

Now, the way I look at this is nobody in their right mind would have instructed their trainer to remove the wrap if they had something to hide, especially after the commissioner had previously said that they did not have to do so.

If you had been cheating, you’d have kept your mouth shut, right?

After looking into the actual hearings of this case it just gets better. When the commissioners were instructed to give evidence at the hearing they all testified one by one that Margarito was extremely co-operative, offered no resistance and did not give off the slightest indication that something was wrong or he had been caught doing something wrong.

When the actual wraps were inspected they were found to have trace elements of two ingredients that can be found in plaster of paris. This sounded damning, I must admit. Looking further into it though and the word “trace” comes to mind. When there are traces of something, that means there is not a whole lot, I welcome you all to look up the word “trace”. Whatever was found in the knuckle pad was microscopic and after doing yet more digging I discovered that the two elements they found which were sulfur and calcium, can also be found in many everyday household items and both can also be found in common hand cream.

These wraps were handled by 14 different people before they had been examined – In a court of law this case would have been dismissed and laughed out of court.

Another thing about how damaging the wraps were – Top Rank filed a brief stating the wraps were harmless and the CSAC did not at any point dispute this fact.

Antonio Margarito is quite clearly innocent of any wrong doing. People will always point to the Cotto fight and say “look at Cotto’s face”, but if you look at the end of the fight, you’ll see Antonio has his gloves removed in the ring and goes on to shake hands with a number of people including trainers, reporters, commissioners and even Cotto himself. Would someone with plaster wraps expose them and go on to shake hands with a number of people who could catch them out?

Antonio Margarito has always been a proud warrior in the ring, to me cheating would go against everything he stands for and embodies

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    Boy What a boxing "genius".... Here is something I just found, amonst many others of similiar type, including a good New Youk Daily News report by Mitch Abrahamson. But this had more detail. So...if you're interested, seeing that Cotto-Margarito2 is just about here, read on;;

By Tommy Allan

January 24th 2009 may not mean much to anyone but to Antonio Margarito it is a date that will forever be etched in his mind. Margarito would square off against Sugar Shane Mosley making the first defense of his WBA welterweight title that he had won 6 months prior in a sensational come from behind performance against previously unbeaten Puerto Rican, Miguel Cotto.

Mosley would stop Margarito in 9 brutal rounds to claim the title but it was what happened in the dressing room, before the fight, that will haunt Margarito untill his dying day.

Mosley’s trainer Nazeem Richardson was present as Margarito was having his hands wrapped and as the right hand of Margarito was finished, everything seemed to be fine with Richardson, and the commissioners who were present.

With the right hand prepared and the left now underway, Richardson asked them to stop and requested to see the knuckle pad that was already inserted on the right hand. At this point, the Californian State Commissioner said “no, the wrap has already been completed”.

After some back and forth, Margarito would put up his right hand saying “look, I’ve got nothing to hide. Look at it, take it off”.

At this point the commissioner instructed the trainer to cut the wrap open and remove the pad.

Now, the way I look at this is nobody in their right mind would have instructed their trainer to remove the wrap if they had something to hide, especially after the commissioner had previously said that they did not have to do so.

After looking into the actual hearings of this case it just gets better. When the commissioners were instructed to give evidence at the hearing they all testified one by one that Margarito was extremely co-operative, offered no resistance and did not give off the slightest indication that something was wrong or he had been caught doing something wrong.

When the actual wraps were inspected they were found to have trace elements of two ingredients that can be found in plaster of paris. This sounded damning, I must admit. Looking further into it though and the word “trace” comes to mind. When there are traces of something, that means there is not a whole lot, I welcome you all to look up the word “trace”. Whatever was found in the knuckle pad was microscopic and after doing yet more digging I discovered that the two elements they found which were sulfur and calcium, can also be found in many everyday household items and both can also be found in common hand cream.

These wraps were handled by 14 different people before they had been examined – In a court of law this case would have been dismissed and laughed out of court.

Another thing about how damaging the wraps were – Top Rank filed a brief stating the wraps were harmless and the CSAC did not at any point dispute this fact.

Antonio Margarito is quite clearly innocent of any wrong doing. People will always point to the Cotto fight and say “look at Cotto’s face”, but if you look at the end of the fight, you’ll see Antonio has his gloves removed in the ring and goes on to shake hands with a number of people including trainers, reporters, commissioners and even Cotto himself. Would someone with plaster wraps expose them and go on to shake hands with a number of people who could catch them out?

Antonio Margarito has always been a proud warrior in the ring, to me cheating would go against everything he stands for and embodies
                    if the man had something to hide you are right he would not offer them to remove the wrap when the commission told nazim it was already done..

Mosley has a history of not telling the whole truth, when it was requested by NSAC for him to submit a 2nd sample to the commission he refused to after the DLH rematch and went on to tell the boxing community and his fans that he did not take any illegal substance....

Then when it became obvious he said he didnt know... how the **** do you not know your taking steroids? you dont jump on a plane with your father to the bay area and pay out the nose for ****ing vitamins...

And Nazim has a history of playing mental warfare with hand wraps go back to Trinidad vs Hopkins in which after his mind games he made the majority assume Tito was always using loaded wraps

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

By Tommy Allan

You bring this crap article from a biased writer from a crap newspaper and expect us to believe Capetillo was banned for life for microscopic evidence? The audacity of some of you idiots. Like the video above - Cotto looked like worst **** after Margs lets be REAL, AND margs did it first, softening up Cotto's tissue in the first place. Just like Pac did it first to Margs' eye which opponents can now target. It is not just coincidence - this would have to be a huge conspiracy for that just to ruin Margo's career. Mosley was about to get cheated and beat down just like Cotto. BE REAL with yourselves, stop supporting cheaters and just realize Cotto is a good guy, undeserving of the hate.

Comment

Working...
                      X