No announcement yet.

If Margarito did use illegal wraps in the first fight,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
    Yeah cus sweaty gloves allows plaster to dry out right? Get ****ing real not a single rib was broked on Miguels body, and if those wraps did have plaster that would be the first thing to happen to him
    Right, because the first time Margarito used plaster was against Mosley.

Even though Capetillo said "we do this all the time". But then changed his story for the 10th time by saying he grabbed the wrong gauze.

How can you grab the wrong gauze and they have plaster on them if you never did it before?

But oh wait, we can't even get that far because you refuse to acknowledge that Margarito cheated against Mosley in the first place. As if you're some kind of scientist knowing that sulfar vs sulfate is some huge difference.

Go back to your community center that you call boxing gym.
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-21-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I say Margarito stops him in the 10th round. Another classic fight.

Comment

if the eye is no factor repeat, people use miguels swelling as proof along with that photo which has now been put to rest that it was nothing more than a sharpie marker.

Look at Miguels swelling after the Pacquiao fight its much much worse, and note after all the body shots we didnt hear of broken ribs which if there were bricks in Tonys wraps a rib would have broke, but this fight in no way confirms that Tony did use illegal wraps in their first fight.
        You made the video yet?

Comment

It's difficult to judge this one due to all of the changing circumstances.

Did Margarito use the illegal wraps? Does Cotto have too much taken out of him in either situation? Does Margarito have even more taken out of him after Mosley and Pacquiao? What did Cotto learn in the first bout?

So, it becomes difficult to determine. However, what I will say is that I can see Miguel Cotto having a better chance in this fight than perhaps he initially had in their first fight. Whether or not Margarito did cheat or not, Cotto now knows that Margarito can hit hard and isn't likely to give up or get tired. This can allow for a better pacing plan from Cotto and he can budget his energy a little better.

While Cotto has been beaten up at times, he's also still the better boxer. Margarito is basically guaranteed that he will be eating some shots from Cotto. Cotto has a better chance of limiting that sort of damage. If Margarito's eye shows any ill-effects, than Cotto has an even better chance. I can seee either winning, but at this point, I favor Cotto.

Comment

All I know is if Margarito wins in the exact same fashion Rican island rats will continue to maintain that Margarito used loaded gloves in the first fight.

Comment

Cotto is going to put a Mosley ass whopping on Margarito and stop him this is a statement fight for Cotto justice will be served

Comment

I dont think Cotto has that type of perfrmace in him. He hit Margarito with everything he had Margarito was smiling at him. Mosley turned that frwn upside down over 9 brutal rounds.

Comment

With out plaster cheato ain't ****. he's just a c class fighter with an iron chin. MAC is going to blind his ass and send him packing to mexi**** permanently.

Comment

if the eye is no factor repeat, people use miguels swelling as proof along with that photo which has now been put to rest that it was nothing more than a sharpie marker.

Look at Miguels swelling after the Pacquiao fight its much much worse, and note after all the body shots we didnt hear of broken ribs which if there were bricks in Tonys wraps a rib would have broke, but this fight in no way confirms that Tony did use illegal wraps in their first fight.
                    Cotto's swelling is worse in the Paquiao fight due to scar tissue. The same way boxers that get cut develop scar tissue, a severe beating with a blunt object would do the same. Also, you mention broken ribs. Well, copied from wikipedia: >>>In the Resto fight, Collins' eyes were swollen shut, especially shocking since Resto was known to be a light puncher. He suffered a torn iris and permanently blurred vision, which prevented him from boxing again.<<< No mention of broken ribs there, and to think that Resto's gloves had padding removed as well as the plaster. Margarito used it in Cotto's fight and God knows in how many more. Good thing he got caught before the Mosley fight, if not how many more could've been his victims...?
                    Last edited by Boxeo_Boricua; 11-21-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAW View Post
                      That is of course if his eye is not an issue.
                      I agree that Margarito's damaged eye could be a factor...
                      But, it his right eye that got damaged against Pac, a southpaw.
                      Against an orthodox fighter, its the left eye that is exposed the most.

BTW, Cotto has a sick left hook that he can land on that right eye, if Margarito is not careful.

Comment

Working...
                      X