No announcement yet.

If Margarito did use illegal wraps in the first fight,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    You weren't there for Margarito either, but I don't see that stopping you. See, this is a perfect example of you seeing what you want and commenting on what you want.

Don't run away now. Which one is it. Is plaster breaking bones or breaking itself?

Edgar, is plaster breaking bones or breaking itself.

As I just posted below, actually the very last post, plaster put on wraps would crumble before any bone would break, unless of course the punch was so hard and hit in exactly the right spot, that the rib would fracture anyway. A rib, supposedly is the weakest major bone in the body.

Plaster itself on a wrap couldn't possibly stand up to any heavy punching, it would crack and crumble almost at once. The layer, on the wraps could only be very thin, and useless as increasing punching power. The experiment proved it. And also it's just too documented and logical not to be true.

There have been many accusations of plastered wraps but not one that I ever heard of which was actually found, although I have not seen everything. The major accusation was the Jack Dempsey-Jess Willard fight, and the experiment was to and DID, effectively debunk this as a well travelled myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
      They do not and will not understand this because they choose to make their mind up with out using any type of logic or reason. They hated Margarito long before the Cotto fight, and when this went down with Mosley these guys were happy, both Cotto fans and *****s.

Cotto fans had found themselves a valid excuse, while *****s who have heard **** from Tony fans about Floyd ducking suddenly had a relevant arguement.

Regardless of what happend between Floyd and Tony and between Tony and Miguel, what I am looking at is the evidence or lack there of, I believe the commission over reacted because of the type of scene Nazim Richardson made there.

in addition GBP was the people behind the fight and doing the promotion and if you havent heard, Oscar did go to Azteca Boxing to spar for his bout with Vargas and tried to show up Margarito in sparring only to find Margarito was no punk, and Margarito beat him down and dropped him with a body shot...

Oscar since has been very bitter towards Margarito who basically embarrassed Oscar in front of everybody at the gym, and Oscar has very close ties with the commission here in California
      I agree with just about everything you say, although I didn't know about Oscar sparring with Margarito. But I can believe that a very "temperamental" oddly behaved guy like Oscar could very well hold a grudge. I firmly believe that all the evidence points against margarito having anything to do with doctored wraps, and also, that the disputed pad itself, was only disputed because it was used, there was nothing else proven wrong with it.

If it could have been shown there was, it wouldn't have just been a minor infraction, but a criminal court case and a gaol sentence. That there wasn't is proof enough ev

There's hardly any point with even differing with some of these guys because, before you know it, you'll be loaded down with heavy insults and obscenities, and into a fight, which was not why you posted in the first place. Difference of opinion is common, but it needs to be kept friendly, and respectful of each other. Otherwise you end up very much to my mind, like a schoolyard scuffle. Who wants that. We come on here to discuss boxing, fighters, give and listen to informed opinions, to learn and teach, to have a pleasant experience. Unfortunately the anonymity of the internet has created a nation of keyboard warriors, mostly very ignorant and ill informed, who don't know it. There's nothing to be done about them. And a huge group has suddenly appeared from nowhere who know just about nothing except the last opinion they heard.

You've actually been lucky with Boxing Genius. He seems to be a serious guy who knows boxing, but seems a bit intolerant, speculates a bit too much and seems to deeply dislike Margarito.

There are others far worse.

Comment

• Genius is an emotional wreck if you dont agree with him or suck his balls he acts like a *****.
        The story about Oscar and Tony sparring is the truth actually if you do some research at one point they were good friends and Tony was in one of Oscars Music videos which I believe you can find on youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          What are you talking about?

According to Edgard, plaster turns to powder when hit by a boxer.

Which one is it fellas. Is plaster breaking bones or turning into powder?

You guys sound like Team Margarito; just can't get it together.
          Hello there......I was NOT giving expert opinion and shouldn't be quoted as if I am. I thought that it was positively proven through existing documentation, that the experiment I discussed was the one conducted by Cleveland Williams under the auspices of Boxing Illustrated. It done to prove or disprove Jack "Doc" Kearns' claims in his just published book, that he'd doctored Jack Dempseys wraps for his Willard fight.

You SAID on this thread earlier, that you actually HAD a copy of the Boxing Illustrated issue with the article which described the experiment, and corrected me on the date. I suggested that you had just looked up the internet and you said that you not only had the magazine but you were particularly interested in this fight and frequently referred to it, so remembered the facts very well. However I still suspect that you don't have the magazine but looked up the internet. No matter, not important.

I myself have this magazine copy, as well as many years of Illustrated and RING and other boxing magazines, a whole banana box load full to the top probably a couple of hundred. But I went on my memory of nearly 50 years ago and erred on the date.

So why quote me as an expert when you KNEW that all I was doing, was reporting the experiment as described by Boxing Illustrated. I know a fair bit about boxing and boxers and was taught by top fighters, champions. And a lot more. Don't know much about being bandaged as we didn't have the luxury of wasting good bandages for every spar and fight. We carried our own bandages, which we used to rewash. Mine weren't gauze but crepe, like a sort of stretch bandage you'd use on a sprained ankle. Rules were more "flexible" then, and the main motto was, win or lose, good sportsmanship. With all the money in boxing those days are gone for ever. Like a lot more good things.

Comment

Plaster paris contains Calcium Sulfate (One word one compound) unlike what the other two elements they found.
            However Calcium and sulfar is found in Glue adhesive, such as tape etc...
            The same kind of tape that was removed from that gauze pad
            I hear Calcium Sulfate/sulfar is found in boogers. Marg sneezed on his handwraps and it came back from the lab positive for plaster like substance.

WAR boogers

Comment

Genius is an emotional wreck if you dont agree with him or suck his balls he acts like a *****.
              The story about Oscar and Tony sparring is the truth actually if you do some research at one point they were good friends and Tony was in one of Oscars Music videos which I believe you can find on youtube

Were his balls salty? How old were you when you realized he was in a better mood after you sucked his bahllz?

Comment

• LOL at the DLH conspiracy theory...

I have to laugh that Oscar had Margarito banned for using illegal wraps because Margarito hurt him while sparring.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This thread is officially garbage.

Comment

Working...
                X