Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ariza: Marquez didn't come to fight,I thought Marquez was a true Mexican Warrior..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Even though you're counterpunching beautifully and you're sticking to your game plan, this is a championship fight, man."

Funny he didn't say this when Floyd put a whooping on Corrales

Comment

• For some reason, in the last few day's the whole ideology of 'It's a championship fight! You don't go backwards in Championship fights' has emerged and it's possibly the most moronic **** I've ever heard.

I understand the notion of 'beating' the Champion despite never really been to big on it. If you win, you win, whether it's against a Champion or not. 'Having to beat them clearly' or 'having to take the fight to the Champion to win' is nonsensical to me, personally.

But, you can beat a Champion moving backwards, and dominating them. It's happens thousands and thousands of times. And it's not Rocket Science.

Ask Muhammad Ali, Willie Pep and the rest of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        For some reason, in the last few day's the whole ideology of 'It's a championship fight! You don't go backwards in Championship fights' has emerged and it's possibly the most moronic **** I've ever heard.

I understand the notion of 'beating' the Champion despite never really been to big on it. If you win, you win, whether it's against a Champion or not. 'Having to beat them clearly' or 'having to take the fight to the Champion to win' is nonsensical to me, personally.

But, you can beat a Champion moving backwards, and dominating them. It's happens thousands and thousands of times. And it's not Rocket Science.

Ask Muhammad Ali, Willie Pep and the rest of them.
        Agreed, and Pacquiao isn't even champion.
        Last edited by RubenSonny; 11-19-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• This jacka$$ is disrespectful.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SammySosa View Post
            C'mon carnal, you know damn well that there is a huge negative view of come forward fighters on this site... Why do you think Mayweather is the favorite on every single fantasy fight thread.

People need to realise that without PAC even existing, some of the greatest fighters that ever lived were come forward ONLY type fighters. Its not because they couldnt backpeddle its because they simply didnt have to. Some ATGs actually liked going toe to toe and liked getting hit.

This "science" is just something backpeddlers use as a crutch because their opponent is either stronger than them or has a much heavier punch.
            This is right

Pac could backpeddle if he wanted - and lets be honest here, pac showed he was an even better counterpuncher than jmm - the rounds where jmm was trying to be aggressive, pac won almost all of them, when pac was aggressive he at least was only slihtly behind or slghtly ahead.

all this stuff about jmm "boxing beautiully" is ******ed - and it appears the judges agree. he was reduced to being the counterpuncher because he ttried to back up his ko guarantee and be aggressive which got his face turned into raw hamburger meat.

when it boils down to it; jmm was not putting on a boxing clinic, he was afraid to exchange with pacquiao because he knows pacquiao is superior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyman View Post
              This is right

Pac could backpeddle if he wanted - and lets be honest here, pac showed he was an even better counterpuncher than jmm - the rounds where jmm was trying to be aggressive, pac won almost all of them, when pac was aggressive he at least was only slihtly behind or slghtly ahead.

all this stuff about jmm "boxing beautiully" is ******ed - and it appears the judges agree. he was reduced to being the counterpuncher because he ttried to back up his ko guarantee and be aggressive which got his face turned into raw hamburger meat.

when it boils down to it; jmm was not putting on a boxing clinic, he was afraid to exchange with pacquiao because he knows pacquiao is superior.
              stopped reading right there

Comment

• Originally posted by SammySosa View Post
                C'mon carnal, you know damn well that there is a huge negative view of come forward fighters on this site... Why do you think Mayweather is the favorite on every single fantasy fight thread.

People need to realise that without PAC even existing, some of the greatest fighters that ever lived were come forward ONLY type fighters. Its not because they couldnt backpeddle its because they simply didnt have to. Some ATGs actually liked going toe to toe and liked getting hit.

This "science" is just something backpeddlers use as a crutch because their opponent is either stronger than them or has a much heavier punch.
                You do seem butthurt my man, how about you grow up? There's no reason for any true boxing fan to not have appreciation for all styles. You should have respect/appreciation for all types of fighters and you should be able to analyze/compare styles objectively without your feelings being hurt. You seem to want to disrespect fighters who box and dismiss the "science" because you feel as though others don't respect fighters who come forward without relying on defense as much. That's an extremely immature/childish mentality to have. It's not an "either or" thing. Seriously, If you truly don't respect the science then maybe you'd be better off watching toughman competitions or something. This sport is called boxing over here son. Anybody who defends Ariza's comments is just as delusional and ignorant as he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnickuh View Post
                  You do seem butthurt my man, how about you grow up? There's no reason for any true boxing fan to not have appreciation for all styles. You should have respect/appreciation for all types of fighters and you should be able to analyze/compare styles objectively without your feelings being hurt. You seem to want to disrespect fighters who box and dismiss the "science" because you feel as though others don't respect fighters who come forward without relying on defense as much. That's an extremely immature/childish mentality to have. It's not an "either or" thing. Seriously, If you truly don't respect the science then maybe you'd be better off watching toughman competitions or something. This sport is called boxing over here son. Anybody who defends Ariza's comments is just as delusional and ignorant as he is.
                  Ariza's makes some stupid comments, I'm a Pacquiao fan too

Comment

• Marquez works best off of his opponent's agression. Pacquiao didn't come to fight because he didn't want to take risks that would give Marquez an opening. Unfortunately because Pac came looking to counterpunch the counterpuncher he lost.

Pacquiao should have done what won him the last fight and got him 3 kd in the first; overwelm Marquez with his workrate and he might have gotten the stoppage, i really don't know why he didn't, he seemed to respect Marquez to much IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                      This is right

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      stopped reading right there
                      That Toyman is a complete idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X