Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ariza: Marquez didn't come to fight,I thought Marquez was a true Mexican Warrior..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMH......in jermain taylor words (if a remember correctly)......"Take your lose like a man, come back and do better"........

Comment

Damn, God forbid anyone ever attempts to box and counter punch against Pacquiao o_O

Comment

Seems that both Roach and Ariza thought for some odd reason that Marquez would abandon the style that gave Manny hell twice before and fight like Margarito. That's what they built their 'gameplan' around- the idea that Marquez would come in head first swinging blindly against a WW Manny.

Question they should ask themselves is...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Hayden Kho View Post
          ALEX ARIZA: "I THOUGHT MARQUEZ WAS A TRUE MEXICAN WARRIOR...HE PLAYED IT SAFE"

"Marquez didn't come to fight; that was his plan, was to survive and try to take advantage and win on points. He didn't come to knock Manny out. I thought Marquez was a true Mexican warrior, was going to come and do exactly what he said and try to make sure it didn't go in the hands of judges, but he didn't. He let it go to the hands of the judges...you can't keep going backwards. Even though you're counterpunching beautifully and you're sticking to your game plan, this is a championship fight, man. This is a fight that had two controversial endings...Marquez played it safe and didn't want to take any risks. A true Mexican warrior big shot that he is and that he claims to be...What happened to all that blood, life, glory and all that other stuff that he said on 24/7? I thought he was going to leave it all in the ring, not play it safe. I never heard 'play it safe' ever come into play," stated world-class strength-and-conditioning coach Alex Ariza, who shared his thoughts on the outcome of last Saturday's fight, the performances of both Pacquiao and Marquez, their future plans and much more. Check it out!

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11219.html

Comment

lol alex ariza is spot on though

jmm boldly declared he was going for the knockout

and in the beginning it looked like he might be, but he got caught badly left and right and reverted to his counterpunching.

i dont realy think the obvious needs to be stated; but jmm would have been ktfo if he had done wat pac was doing.

the rounds where pac was the aggrsesor were sort of close but pac won them for being more active

the rounds where jmmm was the aggressor, he was getting his face dismantled.

thats pretty much how the fight went in my eyes; hence the 116-112 scorecard that glenn trowbridge and i compiled.

pacquiao showed in this figt that he was the better aggressor and thebetter counterpuncher - and thebest jmm is ever going to do aginst him is survive 12 rounds and make it look artificially close.

Comment

So you want him to come forward and stand rooted and brawl with Pacquiao right?

Comment

Originally posted by saul alvarez View Post
                To brawl with Manny would have been stupid and lol isn't this ***** who said not even god himself would help jmm?
                It's not the brightest thing to do but that's a risk he has to take if he wants to win. If you don't don't take risk than don't complain if you lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                  It's not the brightest thing to do but that's a risk he has to take if he wants to win. If you don't don't take risk than don't complain if you lose.
                  Not really, it's more a risk he has to take if he wants to get Hattonized or get a new eye like Margarito. The way he fights gives Manny serious trouble... why would he change that? Freddie was asleep on the job for this one and Ariza was his accomplice.

Comment

Didn't JMM say in the faceoff that it was going to be another war?

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                      lol alex ariza is spot on though

jmm boldly declared he was going for the knockout

and in the beginning it looked like he might be, but he got caught badly left and right and reverted to his counterpunching.

i dont realy think the obvious needs to be stated; but jmm would have been ktfo if he had done wat pac was doing.

the rounds where pac was the aggrsesor were sort of close but pac won them for being more active

the rounds where jmmm was the aggressor, he was getting his face dismantled.

thats pretty much how the fight went in my eyes; hence the 116-112 scorecard that glenn trowbridge and i compiled.

pacquiao showed in this figt that he was the better aggressor and thebetter counterpuncher - and thebest jmm is ever going to do aginst him is survive 12 rounds and make it look artificially close.
                      Well you never know because PAC could get caught and hurt also. But the point is Marquez wasn't willing to take that chance and I don't see why he's complaining about the decision if the judges didn't give it to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X