My, possibly final, Pacquiao-Marquez Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is all I could find as my thread was merged

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...0#post11413630

After rewatching it...your right Marquez won round 8.

round 9
    solid combo by Marquez prior to 1:44
    solid combo by Pacquiao around 1:35 (Manny landed the cleaner/harder shots in this one compared to Marquez which were partially blocked)

exchange around the 1:30 mark in which Manny got the better of JMM.

Manny winning round up to this point

exhange around the 1:15 mark in which both had moments, but Manny followed up with some nice shots, around the 1:11 mark to follow up.

nice uppercut by Manny at 1:07 mark

nice exchange by both in which both blocked as well as landed on each other....neither got the better of the other.

Nice uppercut by Marquez at the 30 second mark. Threw combo but shots were picked off, with the exception being the uppercut by Marquez.

**Marquez closes the distant but Manny still winning up till the last 30 seconds of round***

25 second mark...Manny answers back. Throws wild combo with a straight left landing and a hook earlier in the combo.

ends the round with both envolved in an exchange in which neither got the better of the other.

Manny wins round 9. This is without me factoring in his ring generalship and how he pressed the action.

================================================== ======

scorecard:
    pac 1
    jmm 2
    jmm 3
    pac 4
    jmm 5
    pac 6
    jmm 7
    jmm 8*
    pac 9
    pac 10*
    pac 11*
    pac 12

Pac 115-113

BTW I had a break down of the 10th and 11th but I cannot find it, so I assume the mods may have deleted it.

Comment

ummm no, just no

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post

round 9
        solid combo by Pacquiao around 1:35 (Manny landed the cleaner/harder shots in this one compared to Marquez which were partially blocked)

exhange around the 1:15 mark in which both had moments, but Manny followed up with some nice shots, around the 1:11 mark to follow up.

nice exchange by both in which both blocked as well as landed on each other....neither got the better of the other.

Nice uppercut by Marquez at the 30 second mark. Threw combo but shots were picked off, with the exception being the uppercut by Marquez.

**Marquez closes the distant but Manny still winning up till the last 30 seconds of round***

25 second mark...Manny answers back. Throws wild combo with a straight left landing and a hook earlier in the combo.

ends the round with both envolved in an exchange in which neither got the better of the other.

Manny wins round 9. This is without me factoring in his ring generalship and how he pressed the action.

scorecard:
        pac 1
        jmm 2
        jmm 3
        pac 4
        jmm 5
        pac 6
        jmm 7
        jmm 8*
        pac 9
        pac 10*
        pac 11*
        pac 12

Pac 115-113

BTW I had a break down of the 10th and 11th but I cannot find it, so I assume the mods may have deleted it.
        good **** bro, thanks for posting

Comment

@TS I noticed the only difference between your card and mines is that I gave JMM the second round whereas you scored that one for Manny.'

Also I put asterisk on rounds 8, 10, and 11 as I felt those were really close. I wish I could find my reply on them as I broke 10 and 11 down in depth as to why I gave Manny those rounds.

Comment

round 9

scorecard:
            pac 1
            jmm 2
            jmm 3
            pac 4
            jmm 5
            pac 6
            jmm 7
            jmm 8*
            pac 9
            pac 10*
            pac 11*
            pac 12

Pac 115-113

i believe you are missing that at the end of round 9, pac landed an enormous left hand which i think got jmm on the forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
              First of all…I’m a pac fan, I tried not to be biased, but who am I to say I wasn’t…draw your own conclusions….

if you will….

I FINALLY re-watched the fight, it took me a while to get around to it, but I was busy. So, I watched via VLC Player, pausing, replaying, and playing a lot of the exchanges at .50x, .60x speed to catch shots I otherwise would've missed. In conclusion, I had Pacquiao winning by 2 or by 1 round at the very least (round 10 could’ve been even)….but then I went back to a few rounds, round 11 in particular and changed that one to Pacquiao (as explained below). This fight was the more tactical fight between the 3, and one of the more entertaining tactical fights in recent memory.

2 of the more striking highlights of this fight--I thought Marquez did a better job than Manny actually controlling the pace of the fight with subtle foot movement. The way he positioned his body to take away Manny’s left hand was truly beautiful. He knew exactly what he was doing in there. As for him stepping on Manny’s foot, I say it's due to their stance, but watching the fight I'm not entirely convinced anymore (still could be as I first suspected, then again, there’s no way you don’t know you’ve stepped on someone’s foot and then immediately look to launch an attack)...If done on purpose for the most part, it was quite classless, but I couldn't surely tell. I don’t condone fighting dirty, but if the ref doesn’t warn your opponent, make your own statement. Moving on.

Something overlooked on Pacquiao was the right hands he lands, a lot of these shots were short and happened very quickly, which I surely looked over when I first watched the fight. Unless you guys have very keen eyes, I'm sure you may have as well. Again, I suggest watching many of the exchanges in slow mode, like I did, for a better visual as to what happened. I might even suggest you watch the fight on mute, unless you believe you can overlook the “oos” and “awes” and Jim Lampley all at the same time (haven’t watched any other recording).

For those saying, Marquez won, I'll just quote Emmanuel Steward on this one, "It’s a big difference between doing much better than the crowd or the public expected than actually winning on the scorecards.” It was a close fight, but there was no robbery. I suppose you can (I couldn’t do it) find a way to make it a draw at the very least. I think Pac detractors are just shocked that this "one-dimensional fighter" had more trouble than expected against a "legend" Oh, the irony. Another thing, I think the end of the fight was a tad theatrical and gave way to unreasonable emotions. Marquez celebrates a less than clear victory, while Pacquiao is disappointed he didn’t dominate (similar reaction post-Mosley). Simple minds see simple things…no offense, if you hear the same song every single day on the radio, you will believe it is a hit…when a stadium is packed with Mexican/Marquez supporters and they “boo” the winner of a close fight, you will believe there is reason for it. I’m sorry, I’ve seen this before on the biggest stage boxing had to offer, remember De La Hoya vs Mayweather? What did Oscar actually do to warrant all those “oos” and “awes” during the fight? Nothing, and that decision should’ve been unanimous.

All in all, Great Fight! It may have not been pretty, but Pacquiao won. I don’t ask you to take my word for it, I merely ask that you watch the fight and really dedicate your time to it. Replay exchanges, slow them down and study everything.

Scorecard (which I must admit has rounds that were so close, I could still change my opinion, say if I continue to consume my time with this fight...I probably won't, though. It's time to move on. I thought a 4th fight might be a good thing only because of the public outcry)

Pacquiao-Marquez
              Round 1. 10-9
              Round 2. 9-10
              Round 3. 10-9
              Round 4. 10 -9
              Round 5. 9-10
              Round 6. 10-9
              Round 7. 9-10
              Round 8. 9-10
              Round 9. 10-9 (classic Lampley in this round, I’m sure there were more, I was just more focused on the fight)
              Round 10. 10-9. I gave this one to Pac, but it was a pretty even round. You can call it a 10-10, or give it to Marquez
              Round 11. 10-9 At first I had it for Marquez but then I watched the entire round at .50x speed or slower, I think Pacquiao just barely edged it out, just an example of how I saw things, not like compubox would, but for the more clearer shots:

2:16 Pacquiao lands straight left to head
              2:08 Pacquiao lands left to the body
              2:05 Pacquiao lands left to the head
              2:03-2:02 Pacquiao probably lands an ineffective uppercut to Marquez’s body (bad angle)-Marquez slaps Manny with his wrist, followed by a left hook to Pacquiao’s head.
              1:59 Pacquiao appears to land a jab (bad angle), before...
              1:59 Marquez grazes Pacquiao with an uppercut, while moving back.
              1:51 Marquez lands a right to the head
              1:27 Pacquiao lands nice right hook to the head
              1:25 Marquez lands left uppercut AND right hand to the head
              1:20 Pacquiao lands left hand, followed by a right hand to the head
              1:17 Pacquiao lands a little right hand to the chin
              00:54 Pacquiao lands right hand to the head
              00:13 Pacquiao lands left hand AND Marquez lands a left of his own as Pacquiao moves to his right

Round 12. 10-9

116-112 (my 2nd score was 115-113 prior to changing round 11, and counting round 10 for Pac…but clearly these changes could make it a draw in an instant. Close fight, close rounds, no robbery)

Thanks for reading. Agree or disagree…try to be nice
              I respect ur opinion and I'll re watch it but my opinion so far is based off watching it and the fighters reaction after the fight which has Marquez winning

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
                you got a link? cause i just might pursue it.

no but really, that's quite okay. I appreciate your opinion.
                Im not trolling or anything, i just feel Pacquiao didnt land a lol t of clean shots. Marquez ended up dodging em with a twist or ended up in his gloves.

However i appreciate your time to re evaluating this.

Comment

@TS I noticed the only difference between your card and mines is that I gave JMM the second round whereas you scored that one for Manny.'

Also I put asterisk on rounds 8, 10, and 11 as I felt those were really close. I wish I could find my reply on them as I broke 10 and 11 down in depth as to why I gave Manny those rounds.
                  i believe u meant the third, but that was the only one i'm seeing. I'll probably revisit this fight next week...let myself just forget about it for a little bit and then I'll give it another look, see how I see it then.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                    it was 7 rounds to 4 marquez.....

marquez clearly won the fight....
                    Apparently there were only 11 rounds in this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                      same exact score card as me:

id also like to mention, that my scorecard could have also given round 2 to pacquiao cos from what im hearing, jmm landed 2 [thats TWO]! shots the entire round.
                      so your scoring is based on what you have heard from other people? kinda like the actual judges on saturday night, i think they got their scorecards from someone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X