No announcement yet.

My, possibly final, Pacquiao-Marquez Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    The man gave a detailed breakdown of the fight, so why don't you argue against his points?

All I've seen from you is nothing but trolling, which makes me question your overall knowledge of the sport.
    theres hardly anything to argue. pac was countered, controlled & ran into right hands for the majority of the fight. when ever pac tried to separate himself marquez would come back with harder crisper shots (& it went just like this for most of the fight)

it's beating a dead horse with a bunch of ret@rds trying to justify what everyone saw at this point.

"Oh it was because pac was expected to knock marquez out. thats why he went on to get countered all night by marquez's right hand"

the logic on this board is breath taking HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Last edited by americanbot; 11-15-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
      Great post man. It's nice to see other members on here use logic and reason as opposed to basing things on their emotions and favorite fighters.

Personally, when I watched the fight the first time I had it 116-112 for Pacquiao. When I rewatched it by myself the next morning I scored it 115-113 for MArquez. Very VERY hard fight to score. My overall view from the fight watching it a again a few times is that MArquez controlled the pace, and overall won most of the exchanges as well as landed the cleaner, more effective combos. That being said, there were some close rounds where both guys had their moments, and I think that's where Pac was able to score a few rounds. I feel he simply outworked Marquez in those moments, especially in the later rounds. Generally, I feel that te first few rounds were close, Marquez won the middle rounds, and Pac eeked out some of the later rounds. So really, as people have said, it's just based off of what you look for. From what I saw, it seems to me like Marquez was able to win most of the exchanges, land cleaner combos, and really controlled most of the fight, which I think is where he may have won it. Very close and competitive fight, I can't complain with either winner. But to be honest, as a guy who thought Marquez won the last two, I was hoping he'd take this one. Regardless, great fight.

As for people calling Manny a hype job. If anyone's seen the last two fights you know how well these two match up. Most of us didn't think Marquez would do too well because of the weight, but he proved Saturday night that he can hang at Welterweight, so why not? I'm not convinced that Manny's any less the fighter he was prior to this fight. Styles make fights, you lose some you win some. You look good in some you look like **** in others, this is Boxing, anything can happen on any given night. Do I think he'll beat Mayweather if the fight? Nope, I think Mayweather wins a decision ins a highly competitive fight, but to completely count out Pac now is ridiculous.
      no doubt
      you make a very good point in regard to the combinations. what i noticed is pacquiao does not throw them often in this fight, he does at times and a lot of the times, he lands at least 1 shot (usually the last shot) out 4 thrown. Pac, for the most part, is left to throwing single shots, landing some but nothing fancy or crowd pleasing like we're used to seeing. Marquez was just terrific in this fight, he did control so much of what happened that night, I couldn't argue if you had it for Marquez. It was a close fight with a lot of close rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
        theres hardly anything to argue. pac was countered, controlled & ran into right hands for the majority of the fight. when ever pac tried to separate himself marquez would come back with harder crisper shots (& it went just like this for most of the fight)

it's beating a dead horse with a bunch of ret@rds trying to justify what everyone saw at this point.

"Oh it was because pac was expected to knock marquez out. thats why he went on to get countered all night by marquez's right hand"

In other words he'd rather not and just rag on everybody... gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post

Give a round by round.

Comment

i usually dont post on here cuz the majority of threads are plain ******ed, but this was a great analysis. definitely a fight that could have gone either way. thanks for the read

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
              no doubt
              you make a very good point in regard to the combinations. what i noticed is pacquiao does not throw them often in this fight, he does at times and a lot of the times, he lands at least 1 shot (usually the last shot) out 4 thrown. Pac, for the most part, is left to throwing single shots, landing some but nothing fancy or crowd pleasing like we're used to seeing. Marquez was just terrific in this fight, he did control so much of what happened that night, I couldn't argue if you had it for Marquez. It was a close fight with a lot of close rounds.
              For sure man, same here. It looked to me like Manny was just having a hard time getting off, when he went in to attack Marquez countered, and when he stood back and tried to box Marquez would attack. I also noticed that both guys were more cautious than in their prior fights, probably out of respect for each other. I'm sure JMM didn't want to go too wild and get dropped like in the last fight, and Pac didn't want to over-commit and pay for it. At the end of the day, it was a good fight, and as a spectator and fan I can't complain. In fights this competitive and close, not everyone is going to be satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                Give a round by round.
                1. pac

2. JMM

3.JMM

4.JMM

5.JMM

6.JMM

7.JMM

8.JMM

9.pac

10.JMM

11.pac

12. pac

marquez.

go back & watch each one of the rounds I marked down for JMM (so that we can cut through the trolling) in realty the fight wasn't that close (not to the point of not knowing the winner) JMM won by at least 2 points.
                Last edited by americanbot; 11-15-2011, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Agree with this. The odds reflected favored Pacquiao to train-wrecked JMM here. JMM made a very good case for himself by not being dominated.

The judges scored the bout on basis that it is a championship bout and not be affected by the odds. Marquez being the challenger has to clearly win the bout if he was to take the belt.

While Marquez shocked everybody by NOT being dominated, he wasnt able to dominate Pacquiao either.

The bout is thinly close that either one couldve been the winner without having to look at it as a robbery.

Comment

Thank god you'll never be a judge

Comment

Originally posted by Pacroid View Post
                      Thank god you'll never be a judge
                      you got a link? cause i just might pursue it.

no but really, that's quite okay. I appreciate your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X