Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez Post Fight Discussion- Please re-vote in the poll. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
    After seeing again....i still have Pac winning 115-113. Clearly some of those rounds were as close as you can get, but when they are that close, you give the benefit of the doubt to the champ. JMM problem was that ONCE AGAIN.....he was hoping the judges would save him. Nacho made the dumb mistake of pulling a DelaHoya Trinidad by telling him he had the fight won and just to get out.

Yes Pac landed and threw more, but i think JMM had the more damaging shots. Then again....JMM shots were clear where Pacs shots happened so fast that you would miss them if you didnt rewatch or see in slow motion. End of the day, JMM HAD to take it and he did not. He has no one to blame but himself. I know alot of you are crying foul, but i think most of you are just on emotional high because Pac did not dominate the way we are used to, and not used to seeing him in a technical fight. Im a fan of the sport, and will admit when i feel someone was wronged, and Pac DID win this fight, and NO ONE was wronged. Before yall start saying that i dont know anything, call me names, or ive been watching for 2 years, or whatever you people say.....i give credit where credit is due, and JMM DID NOT want it enough....PERIOD

P.S. Stop comparing JMM to PBF by saying that PBF would kill Pac because of JMM and how that went down....BIG DIFFERENCE....JMM WILL TRADE and not back down if someone trys to get in close. I still think Floyd beats Pac, but to say that because JMM gave Pac all he could handle, and Floyd dominated him, that its a lock for Floyd......is just beyond ******.
    Man, I thought Pacquiao would beat Mayweather easy but after Marquez fight, I changed my mind...lol, Pacquiao seem to be not interested in boxing anymore..

Comment

• Everyone, including myself, thought this was going to be a mismatch. The rounds were so close that it could have gone either way. However, the rounds that Marquez did win were more clear cut and decisive.

I had Marquez winning both two meetings by a point and this one 114 even.

What I don't get is why Marquez coasted. Before the fight he said that he felt he could not win a decision (fair shake) and he had to go for the KO. Opening up against has always been a dangerous proposition. He should have taken that risk in the last two rounds to close the show strong. He had the fight won , but gave it back to the judges.

Comment

• it was a case of too high expectations from pac combined with jmm was too much of an underdog that swayed the scoring of some of ppl while watching the fight. and its this kind of scoring sentiment that neutral judges steer away from.

of course most nsb posters who say jmm was robbed are mostly pachaters or *****s.

Comment

• Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
          After seeing again....i still have Pac winning 115-113. Clearly some of those rounds were as close as you can get, but when they are that close, you give the benefit of the doubt to the champ. JMM problem was that ONCE AGAIN.....he was hoping the judges would save him. Nacho made the dumb mistake of pulling a DelaHoya Trinidad by telling him he had the fight won and just to get out.

Yes Pac landed and threw more, but i think JMM had the more damaging shots. Then again....JMM shots were clear where Pacs shots happened so fast that you would miss them if you didnt rewatch or see in slow motion. End of the day, JMM HAD to take it and he did not. He has no one to blame but himself. I know alot of you are crying foul, but i think most of you are just on emotional high because Pac did not dominate the way we are used to, and not used to seeing him in a technical fight. Im a fan of the sport, and will admit when i feel someone was wronged, and Pac DID win this fight, and NO ONE was wronged. Before yall start saying that i dont know anything, call me names, or ive been watching for 2 years, or whatever you people say.....i give credit where credit is due, and JMM DID NOT want it enough....PERIOD

P.S. Stop comparing JMM to PBF by saying that PBF would kill Pac because of JMM and how that went down....BIG DIFFERENCE....JMM WILL TRADE and not back down if someone trys to get in close. I still think Floyd beats Pac, but to say that because JMM gave Pac all he could handle, and Floyd dominated him, that its a lock for Floyd......is just beyond ******.
          marques clearly outboxed him. the end of the fight said it all and i guess you missed how dissapointed manny was in the end. To me Juan Manuel Is the champion. no more judges scorecards, all of that is a sham to me now.

Comment

• Professional Boxers Unanimously Think Marquez Won

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
            Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
            Marquez won this fight, period!!

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
            On my card Marquez WON!!!!

AmirKingKhan Amir Khan
            Look mayb a good draw or marquez by 1-2 rounds.

PaulMalignaggi Paulie Malignaggi
            Dont ask me about the fight I will not give you my opinion except that I thought Marquez won #tk!

AndreBerto Andre Berto
            Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank wasn't* gonna let Marquez **** the money up!!! Great fight though

RealJoeCalzaghe Joe Calzaghe
            Just watched Marquez v Pacman and have to say thought Marquez was robbed! Thought he won the first 2 fights also!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
            Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. ****.

DarrenBarker82 Darren barker
            Just watched the fight Jmm won that in my eyes clearly!

andredirrell Andre Dirrell
            I really think so! But its so hard 2 sayRT @serhandayi7: @andredirrell JMM had a great night.....he'll always be a style problem for Pac

jcchavezjr1 Julio Cesar Chavez
            Gano marquez hoy. Fue un robo juan manuel gano claramente. esto esto es malo para el boxeo. Saludo a todos
            [Translation: Marquez won today. It was a robbery, Juan Manuel won clearly. This is bad for boxing.]

SUGARRAYLEONARD Sugar Ray Leonard
            The fight against Manny vs Marquez surprised everyone except Marquez! What a display of mental, spiritual and physical training of a boxer!

_FernandoVargas FerozFernandoVargas
            MARQUEZ 8 - 4!!!!!! THEY BETTER NOT ROB MARQUEZ!!!!

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
            @FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!

TheArtistPerez Michael Angelo Perez
            If I was #Marquez I'll be holding my head high , cause the whole world know he won. **** what the judges say.

1Babybull Juan Diaz
            Great fight for the boxung fans but bad decision by the judges

Post more if you find them.

EDIT: UPDATES

ChinoMaidana Marcos Maidana
            Pobre Márquez lo robaron!
            [Translation: Poor Marquez, they robbed him!]

Marvin Hagler "Wake up people and realize that we can no longer tolerate corruption in our sport. There needs to be a primary governing body."

OscarDeLaHoya "I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief. Paquiao cannot compete with a counter puncher like Marquez. Juan has the Patience to wait and capitalize on mistakes. I think this shows how superior mayweather is."

Andre Dirrell "Ok after this fight, I don't know what 2 think! Did JMM just have a good night, or did Pacman put on a great possum show 2 get MW! U TELL ME. GO GET YO GLOVES ON AND COME WHOOP THIS DUDE!!!! PACMAN CAN'T SEE YOU!!!"

Steve Cunningham "All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#"

Anthonydirrell "If y'all think that they was bout to lose out on 150 million y'all crazy"

Matthew Macklin "It was close but still wrong...and for it to happen THREE times!!!!!?? WTF!!!"

Terry Norris "Wow! Thought PAC man would win. But clearly Marquez was robbed again. PAC did NOT win this fight."

Omar Henry "Wow I just watched Pacquiao get beat and Marquez get robbed!!!! and yes I was one of the people in the crowd booing the robbery!!!!"

Rashad Holloway "I'm team Pacquiao all day but Marquez won this fight hands down. Sad to see how politics run this sport when fighters work so hard."

Anthony Mundine "I luv PAC too...but he lost fair & square...but I'm sure he will return stronger...PAC v Marquez 4 #bringit. Actually I change my mind! Marquez deserves the pay day v money!! As he was really the victor! Don't think I wanna see 4. Even tho money."

Erik Morales "Nos robaroooon y feo. Marquez total reconocimiento es el segundo mexicano que le pone en su madre a pacquiao, gano y gano muy bien felicidadees!" Which translates to English as "They robbed us and it was an ugly robbery too. To Marquez total recognition, he is the second Mexican to beat the **** out of Pacquiao, he won and he won nicely. Congratulations!"

Kendall Holt "If u thought Pacman won or if Marquez needed the 12th to win its clear u don't know ish about this sport."

Peter Manfredo Jr. "Wow, after watching this, I better not leave it to the judges next week!!!"

ElKoChul Fernando Montiel M
            Q pinche robooooooo. Gano markez y c la kitaron d new. Shialeeeee !!! [translation: What a ****ing robbery. Marquez won]

realdealgeale Daniel Geale
            I thought the decision was close but in my opinion it should have gone the other way.

K9boxing Cornelius Bundrage
            Just got back in town was at the PacMan fight. Marquez got Robbed. I will Destroy PacMan. I been knew it y'all just didn't know.

Champfasteddie Eddie Chambers
            The Pacman vs Marquez fight could of went anyway... So I was expecting pacquiao to get the decision...

George Foreman III (George's son) "PAC got outsmarted. It was a tactical victory 4 Marquez but PAC was the aggressor. I think it should've been called a draw."

2012Jlove J'Leon Love
            They played my man Marquez lastnight on the fight. He boxed a perfect fight it sucks that #boxing judging is so terrible.

Raul Martinez "Marquez 7 Pac 5. I want my ppv money back. That's why #Boxing losing fans to #mma. Mayweather eats pacman up.

maravillabox Sergio Martínez
            Lección técnica, táctica y estratégica de JMM y Beristain. Boxeo de calidad y control del Mexicano. Pacquiao no gana.1-2 puntos para Marquez
            [Translation: Technical, tactical, and strategical lesson from JMM and Beristain. Quality boxing and control from the Mexican. Pacquiao didn't win. 1-2 point for Marquez. ]

Ashley Theophane "Marquez like the previous two I thought he had won but was short changed."

Tony Bomber Bellew "Marquez struggles with counter punches, that is not Amir, It would be a very good fight though.. All roads lead to Mayweather!"

Vic Darchinyan
            "The entire WORLD saw it, Marquez dominated the Pac-Man, he was the master of the game.

Vanes Martirosyan
            "i saw it as a real close fight but felt Manny did enough to pull out the decision win. definitely not Pacman's best performance, but he did ok."

Ashley Theophane "Marquez like the previous two I thought he had won but was short changed."

Josesito Lopez "I had it 115-113 for #Marquez. The only good thing about last night is that we'll prolly get to see Mayweather beat pacman next!"

KevinMitchell6 Kevin Mitchell
            I had Marquez the clear winner vs PAC man, judging shocking IMO.

GeorgeForeman George Foreman
            Marquez did enough to keep a title; not enough to take the title. Corner should press him for a knockdown
            Can't back up the champ, no knock down; and take the title. But he did exposed The Pacman.

Rio Ferdinand "So Pac man will still beat Mayweather people??? Not on my watch!! Marquez I feel for you....robbery!"

kingpete26 Lamont Peterson
            close fight but I'm a Marques fan so I had 4 him

Robert Guerrero: "I thought Marquez won 8 rounds out of 12."
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-15-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twako View Post
              it was a case of too high expectations from pac combined with jmm was too much of an underdog that swayed the scoring of some of ppl while watching the fight. and its this kind of scoring sentiment that neutral judges steer away from.

of course most nsb posters who say jmm was robbed are mostly pachaters or *****s.
              I agree, but i think that its always fashionable to root for the major underdog when the fight ends up being close. Lots of the responses im seeing i think are just pure emotion, and mind set will change for all the rational non fan boys.

Comment

• I could see 115-113 either way. I could understand a draw so 2 out of 3 judges had it right. 116-112 was unthinkable especially him giving JMM the 12th round. I had it 115-113 PAC. I just hope we see Mayweather KO PAC on May 5 2012

Comment

• wow......................

Comment

• I think most people feel the way Arreola responded. Lets be happy for JMM for he finally did the nation a favor, we will have Mayweather-PAC May 2012

Comment

• Me being Filipino and fairly biased toward Manny, I agree with most people around here when I say that I can't see how he could've won. I personally had Marquez winning by at least, At Least, 4 rounds. Manny pretty much just spent 12 rounds throwing and landing meaningless punches, while Marquez was countering him all night.

I feel really bad for Marquez. You can see by the hopeless expression on his face at the end of the fight that he knows that he'll never get the recognition he deserves. S#$t, if most of the audience, his friends/stablemates, your coach (during the fight), and a good chunk of his countrymen had Marquez winning, you know you got robbed. H3ll even my family (who are about as Filipino as you can get) knew he lost (even though they're in a state of denial right now).

That being said, props to Marquez. Even at 38 years old and with a weight disadvantage he still can give Pacquiao absolute h3ll.

Comment

Working...
                      X