Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It can be opened up but that requires going inside and adjusting shots so they get around the guard.

I hate when guys just do the same bullshit over and over instead of putting in the actual work to break it down~

Comment

• dont worry narvaez like clottey will fade into oblivion

Comment

• Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
        Clottey is no Narvaez either.

It came down to Narvaez feeling Donaires power in the third and being content on just finishing the fight. Same way Mosley felt after Pacquiao knocked him down. Same way Johnson felt against Klitschko.

These guys are getting the best paychecks of their lives but EVERYONE is counting them out. That takes a mental toll on someone. When they get into the ring and realize they can't win, the last thing they want to do is get knocked out. So these fighters stay defensive and the fans get a crappy fight.

spot on about your synopsis of the fight.

Comment

• hehe big difference gamboa do not have defense and Nonito already mentioned that they will try the 122 waters first before going up, so I am sure they will not be rushing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            Reminded me of Pirog-Maciel who was another Argentinian with a high guard that threw nothing all night.
            That's not how I remember that fight. Javier at least tried, he won 2 or 3 rounds if I remember, Pirog's just in another class.

Comment

• Why do they all refuse to punch with that style? Haven't any of them seen Winky Wright execute the high guard the right way? Damn.

Comment

• i was impressed with omar's defense aswell, but i think since his sole purpose was not to get ktfo, he really did'nt have a choice but to stink up with nothing but defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                  hehe big difference gamboa do not have defense and Nonito already mentioned that they will try the 122 waters first before going up, so I am sure they will not be rushing...
                  yeah no need to rush. he's got some good options at 122 that WILL MAKE for good fights. . . Arce for one. . . Even though I think Arce gets sparked. . . Nishioka would be an interesting fight too. RIGO would be awesome - but it might be a bit dull in points because they are both thinkers. . .

Comment

• Omar Narvarez was AMAZING!

What defensive brilliance. It was like watching the rebirth of Pernell Whitaker!

Can't believe he got robbed. I had it 120-108 for Narvarez! Donaire only hit him like 3 times that wasn't on the gloves/forearms.

Defensive master-class!

Damn I am still buzzing, Sweet pea's defence with a Tommy Hearns like jackhammer jab. DESTROYED Donaire who on fight night was 5 weights above him.

And anybody that disagrees knows **** about boxing.

Omar Narvarez P4P king!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post

I mean, at least move your head and upper body with it, look to counter, take the initiative more. Instead most would rather shell up and hope that their opponent is standing right in front of them once they're done punching, fuckin' annoying

Atleast Arthur Abraham attempts to come forward and try to knock your ass out.

These mother****ers are putting up their high guard and going backwards and ****..

That's what makes me love this Clottey/Narvaez defensive style, they make it so exciting for the fans!

Comment

Working...
                      X