Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson Stops Hopkins, Freak Ending in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imo, I think Hopkins was trying to get in Dawson's head, get him to take some of his focus away to the ref. I think he was "overplaying" the injury at first with the expectation that the ref would give him 5 minutes to recover, but then the referee decided to end the fight right then and there rather than atleast give him a chance to "recover". I am anxious to hear the referee's account of what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      Agreed, whatever you think of HOpkins. The court of public opinion could've taken care of him.

Either way, you don't take a Champions's Title after 2 rounds, and it not involving a Punch, or Hopkins injuring himself in some fashion (fake or not), either by punching wrong and breaking his hand, or twisting his ankle (something like that).

He got slammed, only the second round, no punch involved. It's a no contest.

The results will get overturned, i'm 95% certain of it.
      No, the result will not get changed. I gaurantee. Danny Green TKO'd Roy Jones with Illegal wraps that photos were taken of and didn't get it overturned, Hopkins has no chance.

And, by your rationalization, any champion can fake injury within the early rounds after sensing they are outmatched and retain their title. BS.

Boxing just doesn't work that way mr. naive.

Comment

• smh@ boxing fans .. before tonight " hopkins could fight til hes 50 " now its " hes old he needs to retire " ... fuccc*kin lame bandwagon junkies ... after the rematch when Hopkins wins what yall gon say

Comment

• Originally posted by HOOGSTRATEN View Post
          You two morons typify the absolute idiocy in the anti-Hopkins, anti-fact stance.

The referee asked Hopkins if he could continue, Hopkins replied "yes". However, the referee made the call that since Hopkins had an injured shoulder he wouldn't allow the fight to continue. There was no quit on the part of Hopkins, nor a lack of willingness to continue. Hopkins should have been given time to recover, a minimum of 5 minutes, with the Dr. also being called to the ring to inspect the injury. That also relates to poor refereeing.

Here are the facts; Dawson committed a foul which resulted in an injury.

Also, I'm not a Brit, you moron. That just illustrated what a narrow-minded idiot you are.

I haven't rewatched it, but I remember the referee saying that the doctor couldn't look at the injury because he wasn't calling it a foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbp23 View Post
            Dawson's immediate reaction following the foul says volumes. He pointed at Hopkins in a dismissive manner and he seemed angry and his mannerisms were as if he did the foul on purpose and out of anger. It reminded me of when Barerra slammed Hamed's head into the corner buckle. Barrera did it on purpose and Dawson;s reaction seemed very similar to Barrera's.
            to me, dawson's reaction showed that he knew hopkins was going to milk getting injured.

Hopkins milked getting lowblowed by calzaghe.

He milked getting rabbit punched by RJJ.

Now he milked getting shoved to the ground by chad.

If you wanna fight, then fight, don't milk it for sympathy.

Comment

• Hopkins is the boxing version of Arum. . . His word is SHAT. . . unless he can verify it with a dr.'s report saying he has a separated shoulder he's a coward and a quitter. .

PASCAL FOUGHT ON with a TRUE separated shoulder. . . that's a warrior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                No, the result will not get changed. I gaurantee. Danny Green TKO'd Roy Jones with Illegal wraps that photos were taken of and didn't get it overturned, Hopkins has no chance.

And, by your rationalization, any champion can fake injury within the early rounds after sensing they are outmatched and retain their title. BS.

Boxing just doesn't work that way mr. naive.
                California has a long history of overturning bad calls. They changed Bradley Campbell to a NC, they changed Toney vs Rahman. This will be changed. Id bet money on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  it doesn't matter if you thought he quit or not the point is that's not a tko victory and it should be a NC. At the very least, and this is my opinion, the ref should have allowed more time for hopkins at least to recover, he was way to quick to make a ruling then just bounced out of the arena. Like I bring up the Echols fight, same exact thing happened. The difference was he had a couple minutes then he fought with one injured arm.
                  the ref said "if u can continue get up", and hopkins just kept saying "my shoulder man, my shoulder!", and the ref asked him again. . hopkins kept on flailing. . . if ref gave him 5 minutes, hopkins would have just kept on rolling around crying and would ahve been forced to stop it. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
                    This whole body slamming thing it being propagated by Hopkins fans. Hopkins was Dawson's back and Dawson pushed him off. And if someone was on your back, and you're involved in a contact sport, what would you do?

Would you kneel down from Hopkins weight, or would you push off?

Me, I am pushing off. Get off my back.

If you all want to kneel go ahead, but once you do that you're already giving Hopkins the advantage.
                    dawsons arm went under hopkins legs and he lifted up though. so it's not just a simple matter of hopkins falling off him. dawson even said in the post-fight interview he used his shoulder to throw him off him.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
                      This whole body slamming thing it being propagated by Hopkins fans. Hopkins was Dawson's back and Dawson pushed him off. And if someone was on your back, and you're involved in a contact sport, what would you do?

Would you kneel down from Hopkins weight, or would you push off?

Me, I am pushing off. Get off my back.

If you all want to kneel go ahead, but once you do that you're already giving Hopkins the advantage.
                      You are such a ****** little liar.

*Dawson pushed him*?

What a clown. Dawson lifted Hopkins from his feet and dropped him on his ass, that is not a boxing move, that is a foul.

Comment

Working...
                      X