Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs Peterson,who ya got/your perdiction..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
    Khan's a quick starter, 1st round is unlikely but I wouldn't rule it out.

Either way I don't expect Peterson to cause Khan too many problems.
    That's the one I'm doubting,1st rd would be a shock I won't lie(my head might even blow up)...I won't put anything past Khan now a days I was very critical of him before he fought Maidana(I can't lie)but since then I've been very impressed by him..He keeps on improving and getting better with each fight,and unlike some(Berto Alexander Ortiz to name a few)he is not trying to get by on talent alone he is really trying to get his skills together which is commendable in it's own right..
    Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 10-17-2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
      ****in Bradley fans.

They only know how to use their heads physically.

Comment

if peterson is still in good shape in the second half of the fight I expect an upset, Khan tires late in fights and Peterson dont, i dont think Khan has the power to KO Peterson but but the speed could give him hell, i think Peterson is been over looked somewhat though.

Comment

Originally posted by lest26 View Post
          if peterson is still in good shape in the second half of the fight I expect an upset, Khan tires late in fights and Peterson dont, i dont think Khan has the power to KO Peterson but but the speed could give him hell, i think Peterson is been over looked somewhat though.
          I'm not sure about an upset but in most cases, late in a fight, Khan gets caught, watch his fights with Kotelnik and Maidana, both were landing on Khan, except Kotelnik's punches had little snap in them and Maidana's power was sapped by that Khan body shot in the 1st round.

I think Khan drops Peterson early, and dominated the first 7 or 8 rounds, then Khan starts to tire and Peterson starts to land his shots, maybe even wobble Khan, Peterson wobbled Ortiz late in their fight.

Watch at 1:49, 1:35 and 1:37

I still expect Khan to win a comfortable UD, but a harder fight than expected IMO.

Comment

Khan by decision, this should be a relatively tough fight for him. Peterson is more skilled than Maidana and younger than Judah, has good speed, skills and decent power. Khan won't look that good in this fight IMO.

Comment

I guess Robert G.was right about his prediction for this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                Was a good prediction, but the ref played a big part in how that fight went, and I'm not talking about the pound deductions, he gave Peterson all the territorial advantages. He knew what he was doing, I have never seen an American ref not break fighters up, but really if Khan is as good as he says he should have adapted a little better. I expect Khan to win the rematch though. Good fight

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  Was a good prediction, but the ref played a big part in how that fight went, and I'm not talking about the pound deductions, he gave Peterson all the territorial advantages. He knew what he was doing, I have never seen an American ref not break fighters up, but really if Khan is as good as he says he should have adapted a little better. I expect Khan to win the rematch though. Good fight
                  I agree,but the ref did a good job imo,he let umm fight out of most clinches..I also thought Khan was a bit dirty with the pushing the holding and the elbows to the back of the neck..But this was a good fight and now has me thinking FOTY kinda fight...

Comment

Props to you Rome for seeing what I simply could not see.

I did not expect Khan to struggle with Peterson let alone lose.

I like Khan I think he's a good fighter but he has some real bad flaws.

The first thing he needs to do is get an inside game because at this moment in time he literally has no inside game at all. He looked lost when Peterson got inside, and that cost him big time because that was mainly where Peterson was succesful.

Peterson made excellent adjustments.

Comment

I agree,but the ref did a good job imo,he let umm fight out of most clinches..I also thought Khan was a bit dirty with the pushing the holding and the elbows to the back of the neck..But this was a good fight and now has me thinking FOTY kinda fight...
                      I thought the ref was very...very poor. He let Peterson use his head and clinch to get to the inside, and was constantly on khans case when they were both wrestling, if he is not going to break them up then khan has to create room for himself, we see floyd do this with his elbows all the time, and turn his back to punches and get protection from the ref, where is the consistency? I think you put any experienced ref in there and khan wins a pretty handy decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X