Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs Peterson,who ya got/your perdiction..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Props to you Rome for seeing what I simply could not see.

I did not expect Khan to struggle with Peterson let alone lose.

I like Khan I think he's a good fighter but he has some real bad flaws.

The first thing he needs to do is get an inside game because at this moment in time he literally has no inside game at all. He looked lost when Peterson got inside, and that cost him big time because that was mainly where Peterson was succesful.

Peterson made excellent adjustments.
    I like Khan as well,he was doing well early but once he got a bit tired he had no inside game at all..This was a good fight that I think Khan should learn from,conditioning and intangibles..He also needs to calm down with his dirty boxing,he was going low and elbow to the back of the neck and holding...IMO Khan won on rds by a point,but he has to clean it up a bit with his technique imo...

Comment

Congrats to Peterson on a good, solid performance.

I knew it would be close but expected a late stoppage for Khan.

And people say boxing is dead... GTFO. Great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I thought the ref was very...very poor. He let Peterson use his head and clinch to get to the inside, and was constantly on khans case when they were both wrestling, if he is not going to break them up then khan has to create room for himself, we see floyd do this with his elbows all the time, and turn his back to punches and get protection from the ref, where is the consistency? I think you put any experienced ref in there and khan wins a pretty handy decision.
        I thought this ref let them fight out,Khan was the one holding tbh bro..Then the ref said fight out,the reason he was on Khan was when he said fight out Khan would still be holding..Cortez is not a pressure fighters ref,he get's in there to fast and that stops the action bro..The biggest reason this fight was good was because the ref let them scrap,Khan was holding and putting elbows to the back of the neck and pushing not to mention I seen several low punches in this fight..Khan has to clean it up a bit bro...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          I thought this ref let them fight out,Khan was the one holding tbh bro..Then the ref said fight out,the reason he was on Khan was when he said fight out Khan would still be holding..Cortez is not a pressure fighters ref,he get's in there to fast and that stops the action bro..The biggest reason this fight was good was because the ref let them scrap,Khan was holding and putting elbows to the back of the neck and pushing not to mention I seen several low punches in this fight..Khan has to clean it up a bit bro...
          He didn't when Calzaghe fought Hopkins, he let B-Hop clinch and hang on all night.

There's a pattern, the British fighter get screwed by the referee every time when taking on an American in the US.

As Kellerman pointed out US fans would probably say the same about going to the UK.

For the sport, it's just disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            He didn't when Calzaghe fought Hopkins, he let B-Hop clinch and hang on all night.

There's a pattern, the British fighter get screwed by the referee every time when taking on an American in the US.

As Kellerman pointed out US fans would probably say the same about going to the UK.

For the sport, it's just disappointing.
            Joey Zags won that fight bro??Not to mention I thought that was a bad ref job all together..But then again it was Cortez one of the worse ref's in the business(and a hired gun for GBP imo)...

Comment

Joey Zags won that fight bro??Not to mention I thought that was a bad ref job all together..But then again it was Cortez one of the worse ref's in the business(and a hired gun for GBP imo)...
              Yeah but the point you seem to be missing is that the British fighter got the raw deal in all those fights, and yes it has happened in the UK as well, no consistency at all. You add the 2 pound deductions into the mix, and you have some home cooking for me. If Ali had been deducted points for that in his career we would not be sitting here talking about him being arguably the greatest ever, that might be a little dramatic, but just trying to prove the point that the ref was inexperienced and did a bad job. Ali would have lost all his fights with Frazier. Taking points away for pushing off is nonsense.

Comment

Yeah but the point you seem to be missing is that the British fighter got the raw deal in all those fights, and yes it has happened in the UK as well, no consistency at all. You add the 2 pound deductions into the mix, and you have some home cooking for me. If Ali had been deducted points for that in his career we would not be sitting here talking about him being arguably the greatest ever, that might be a little dramatic, but just trying to prove the point that the ref was inexperienced and did a bad job. Ali would have lost all his fights with Frazier. Taking points away for pushing off is nonsense.
                Ali did not do it with the consistency of Khan(imo)and used his jab to disguise it as well..Where as Khan did it pretty blatantly tbh...

Comment

Ali did not do it with the consistency of Khan(imo)and used his jab to disguise it as well..Where as Khan did it pretty blatantly tbh...
                  He didn't have to do it consistently because the ref would break them up appropriately. He pulled down on Fraziers head way more often too, if you don't see that then I would feel you are being biased. Khan was more blatant because it was out of frustration, Peterson was allowed to lay on khan with his head there not always working, allowed him to rest whilst khan couldn't get off. They should be split apart, is my interpretation. Like I said though, I think the ref knew exactly what he was doing.

Comment

He didn't have to do it consistently because the ref would break them up appropriately. He pulled down on Fraziers head way more often too, if you don't see that then I would feel you are being biased. Khan was more blatant because it was out of frustration, Peterson was allowed to lay on khan with his head there not always working, allowed him to rest whilst khan couldn't get off. They should be split apart, is my interpretation. Like I said though, I think the ref knew exactly what he was doing.
                    I can't be mad at your points,I thought while watching that Khan was being a bit dirty in there but ya have good points...I also thought the ref should have been a bit more clear with his warnings if he planned on taking a point..I had Khan up a rd without the deductions,it sucks that the ref is the deciding factor in this fight..I pretty sure we can agree there...

Comment

I can't be mad at your points,I thought while watching that Khan was being a bit dirty in there but ya have good points...I also thought the ref should have been a bit more clear with his warnings if he planned on taking a point..I had Khan up a rd without the deductions,it sucks that the ref is the deciding factor in this fight..I pretty sure we can agree there...
                      Yeah i agree, thats all i have been saying. The fight is hard enough for khan, but the ref las night ultimately stuck him in a phone both with Peterson, forget Ali if you go back and watch Bradley-Peterson, an imporant part of Bradleys strategy was tying him up when he needed to, and pushing off to create space. I have to say khan has a lot to work on, and I think he now realises how far away he is from being the finished article.

Comment

Working...
                      X