Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sooo embarrassed as a boxing fan for the last 2 PPV.

Comment

• popkins was winning the 2nd round. knocked down Dawson?

did hopkins knock down dawson?

it looks like a perfectly placed inside shot & dawsons glove touched the canvas.........@ 05:59

Comment

• Dawson clearly won rd 1 IMO. Landed jab after jab.

Comment

• Hard to defend boxing when ***** like this goes down.

Comment

• No matter what personal issues someone has with Hopkins life style, fighting style or past, nothing justified the fact that in the sport of boxing (key word boxing) that a world title fight was won by an obvious foul.

Comment

• the last 2 pay per views had nice undercards.. esp. demarco/linares.. but the main events were garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
                Dawson clearly won rd 1 IMO. Landed jab after jab.
                both guys landed 5 punches in round 1. dawson was 5 out of 34 & hopkins was 5 out of 13.........hopkins landed at a higher rate but dawson landed the more effective blows.

hopkins put dawson on his a** in round 2 & it should have been a knock down which would have made it a 10 8 round for hopkins.........but for some odd reason the ref verbally attacked hopkins after he knocked dawson down. the refs calls were strange............
                Last edited by americanbot; 10-16-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Bernard probably didn't like what he was seeing and he took the cowardly way out. I think this thing is probably 80% fake and 20% real that Bernard did get injured. Nonetheless due to the fact that the fight was stopped due to an injury which Bernard claim, I don't know who it was called a tko. It should be a NC even though I believe Bernard was faking it.

Comment

• its the fighters that make these weird premature endings happen

classy guys like pac marquez ad cotto marg(marg isnt classy imo but he comes to fight)

those guys will give the fans what they want and make it a war and they wont get into wierd situations cause they are good sportsmen

**** happens

but the upcomming stuff looks good and none was expecting a exciting fight from bhop anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by i box foreal View Post
                      To bad it was a foul and will most likely be over turned by the commission and the santioning body
                      Id be willing to bet money it wont. Bhop jumped on his back, Dawson got him off. I see nothing wrong with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X