Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is disappointing and from a fans perspective a farce.It looks like a circus event and is very frustrating to be honest.How this was ruled a TKO without a punch being thrown is beyond me.Are we going my Mixed Martial Art rules now??was it considered a take down?

Comment

• Certain fighters have been looking for the easy way out through fakery (Dirrell, Judah, Mayweather & B-Hop, I'm looking at you!)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Certain fighters have been looking for the easy way out through fakery (Dirrell, Judah, Mayweather & B-Hop, I'm looking at you!)
        So in the Floyd-Ortiz fight.you blame Floyd???and not Ortiz who did the illegal headbutt? and in the Abraham fight you blame Dirrell who got hit while down and not Abraham who committed the foul?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          The key word here is "retaliated", as it is this word which indicates the reality of Dawson fouling Hopkins back. This is also what I discussed in my prior post. What is more, I do not feel that there is such a clear case that Hopkins was engaged in fouling at that very moment, but it is actually irrelevant if he was, because what Dawson did was clearly a foul (whether in retaliation, or not, makes no difference. If fighter A lowblows fighter B, and fighter B retaliates, dropping fighter A with a lowblow, this doesn't mean that the ref is to begin counting to 10.) To reiterate, if Dawson acted in retaliation (which imo he clearly did, and which you also suggested in your post), this implies that he fouled, irregardless.

And the ruling in the ring was that there was no foul, which is very different from the scenario which you laid out. In effect, the ruling was that Hopkins dived out of the ring on his own strength (or so it seemed). This is obviously not what happened.
          Pretty sure they will appeal this and try to get it adjudged a NC.

Even if the foul was in retaliation, it was still a foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by i box foreal View Post
            So in the Floyd-Ortiz fight.you blame Floyd???and not Ortiz who did the illegal headbutt? and in the Abraham fight you blame Dirrell who got hit while down and not Abraham who committed the foul?
            Floyd faked an embrace then snuffed his opponent, Dirrell faked a fit of some description, Judah faked a low blow and Hopkins faked a separated shoulder

fakery - the sport needs to stamp it out

Comment

• can someone answer me this???????

did hopkins knock down dawson?

it looks like a perfectly placed inside shot & dawsons glove touched the canvas.........@ 05:59

Comment

• Jesus Chavez had a dislocated shoulder against morales
                So did Danny Williams against Potter.
                Abraham fought on with a broken jaw against Miranda
                Paulie fought with broken jaw against Cotto.
                Ali fought with a broken jaw against norton
                Clottey fought with a broken hand against margarito
                Gatti fought with a broken hand against Ward
                They all fought to the finish like true warriors.
                Hopkins QUIT!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Floyd faked an embrace then snuffed his opponent, Dirrell faked a fit of some description, Judah faked a low blow and Hopkins faked a separated shoulder

fakery - the sport needs to stamp it out
                  He did fake Ortiz into a hug.... that's Floyd for you, take advantage of an opportunity to win no matter what.

Comment

• i wonder what joe cortez would've done

Comment

• It sucks for the fans that pay to watch that ****. Luckily, I did not pay to see either ppv. Why are ya'll acting like Floyd is responsible for the Ortiz fight? Floyd didn't spoil the fight..Ortiz did.

Comment

Working...
                      X