Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Responds To Roach, Discusses Move To 122

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, you know Freddie will be begging to get Nonito on board if he made a dominant move from 118 through 126.

Comment

Lucky? Donaire is lucky he didn't kill Darchynian and Montiel. Donaire is a great little fighter and a very nice kid. I can only imagine how strong he's going to be at 122 without weakening himself. Yikes!!!! Roach, give credit where credit is due.

Comment

It's only a couple of years ago that he was below 112, and last year he was just over 112. Also h's only 5'7". I think featherweight would be a realistic weight.

Comment

first off i like roach and manny is probably my favorite fighter, but those ko's are just as legit as the one on hatton and more impressive considering they were both (in my opinion) against better fighters than hatton. nonito is sick, defense, offense, speed, power, i think when looking at all aspects of the game, he is the best out there, just needs some better names on the resume before becoming p4p #1, which will happen. beating those 2 guys at 122 and the gamboa, should do it. and i think it will happen.

Comment

Freddie loves tweaking people, he's always gotta trash Manny's opponents as well. Sure every trainer does it to build up their guy but Freddie does it a lot

Comment

freddie is just playing dumb.....lol..

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out why Roach is downplaying Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Freddie was once considered to become Nonito's trainer but Nonito at the time didnt wanna piss off his father. I remember reading a story about people at Top Rank who were pushing for Roach to train him after his win against Darchinyan.

Its possible that Freddie was offered to Nonito and was rejected so maybe Freddie is bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
                    Freddie was once considered to become Nonito's trainer but Nonito at the time didnt wanna piss off his father. I remember reading a story about people at Top Rank who were pushing for Roach to train him after his win against Darchinyan.

Its possible that Freddie was offered to Nonito and was rejected so maybe Freddie is bitter.
                    Maybe - pretty silly. Good to see Nonito take the high road either way.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      roach wants to be nonito's trainer. having nonito in his stable will bring more prestige for his legacy as a trainer... maybe he's just upset that it wont gonna happen. just my opinion...

Comment

Working...
                      X