Comments Thread For: Donaire Responds To Roach, Discusses Move To 122

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
    this kid is unbelievable!
    the handspeed and precision of his shots is perfect.
    the last two kos were not lucky punches at all.i think freddie meant "timed to perfection".
    fantastic,exciting,very fast and has single punch ko power.
    definately one of the little bangers!
    not seen since our very own naseem hamed.

I agree. Donaire's a beast. Once he starts fighting more, ppl will have to stop hating on him. Don't know why roach would say the shots were lucky. it was a perfect counter vs. Vic. Vic was rushing in for a left and didn't have his right hand up. And the left hook came over montiel's right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Hopefully the winner of Mares vs Agbeko moves up to fight him.
      Told ya that my boy Abner is the best bantam.

That ch1cken Donaire is running to 122 just to duck him.

KIDDING

Man I dunno who I would be rooting for in that fight, it would be epic.

Mares has a great skillset, and is a real tough kid, but I dunno if he can hang with Nonito man.

Even though I would love to see that fight, I am just as happy for Mares to try to own bantam while Donaire looks for bigger things at 122+.

As long as both are in meaningful fights I am happy for that question to remain unanswered, for now. I would like to see Mares come on a little more and firmly establish himself first.

Comment

That hook is devastating at bantam, it will still be lethal at 122.

Everyone is reading far too much into Roach's comments.

Of fkn course the trainer of every single one of Donaires last 4 opponents knew about the hook, get real.

Telling your kids that they need to be careful when crossing the road, and then showing them the correct way to go about it..... will not necessarily prevent them from getting run over. It is about technique, style, but most importantly, timing.

Donaire is not a one-handed fighter, or a one trick pony, he has a very well-rounded skillset, and does not rely on the hook. Someone link me to a round showing Nonito overplay the hook or failing to capitalise with his right hand?

I mean, there will be moments where he perhaps failed to time his right, maybe off-balance or slightly out of position, but I bet you can say the same thing about his hook. Best of luck to the guys at 122.

I am a long time Freddie fan, but I have no idea why he says some of the things that he says? I stopped listening to him years ago, like I did with crackhead Snr. I respect them both, but they both talk ****.

Comment

sometimes roach needs to stfu

#thatsall

Comment

once Donaire fights someone his own size (126) lbs i'll give him some respect untill then he gets ZERO respect from me....Montiel looked like a midget comapred to him

go to 126 lbs thts where the STARS are sunshine.....AND THEIR YOUR SIZE

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              Cutt it out Donaire... you're a grown azz man talking about you're natural weight is 122 and you need to move up gradually, you're fckn 5 foot 7! Donaire's natural weight is 130/5 and thats where he needs to get too and soon! its really not even healthy for him too keep bouncing up and down in weight when he's already pushing 30 years old. Games up Donaire, now either put up or shut up, next fight at 122 after that 126 otherwise do us all a favor and remove yourself from the p4p elite there is no need to clean out 122...
              he knows he will have to fight some better fighters at those weights.. people know the deal..

Comment

He discussed this same thing yesterday at Gleasons gym

Comment

Working...
                X