Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-ck Victor Conte, And Ariza: I Applaud Mayweather For Taking A Stand Against Cheats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
    Victor Conte made some very interesting points regardin Mayweather and his method of testing which is not truely OSTD.
    Infact, you have Floyd fighting once every year plus, and Conte has a theory why, and to be honest with Floyds behavior lately, I think Conte may be on to something here.

if Floyds about the testing and truely wants to clean up the sport, lets do the testing year round, OSTD style and see whats up anything short of that, well if I was Manny I would tell Floyd to **** himself.
    I agree year round testing is the best way. Sure. But how in the world is Manny going to agree to YEAR ROUND testing when 8 week testing before a fight is a problem for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by johncods View Post
      WHen you really think about it Mayweather is the one who doesn't get tested enough I mean he only gets tested 2 months prior to his fights and takes long ass vacations. ANd then he comes back and looks stronger than ever. I think it's slowly coming to light.
      indeed. it's very very suspicious. he fights once a year and still manage to win. if there's anyone who should be tested thoroughly it's floyd.

Comment

• this is embarrassing, floyd's getting expose as the real PED user. ahahahahah

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
          I agree year round testing is the best way. Sure. But how in the world is Manny going to agree to YEAR ROUND testing when 8 week testing before a fight is a problem for him?

Its only a problem if Floyd demands the testing.. Do you really think he will have a problem with the boxing commission were asking for test..

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutz View Post
            Its only a problem if Floyd demands the testing.. Do you really think he will have a problem with the boxing commission were asking for test..
            So in one breath Manny agrees to the testing.

Then in the another breath he doesn't want to do it because of Floyd's demands and will only do what the commission says do?

Which one is it?

Comment

• the most important thing is for floyd to stop taking steroids during his vacations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Keiser has his own agenda, and doesn't want the extra work load with additional testing.

Lets see, in 2010 Nevada has had 30 Boxing Cards/events: http://boxing.nv.gov/New_2010resultspage.htm

Based off on checking those 2010 results above, the average card has about 5 or 6 bouts. That's 10 or 12 Athletes/Fighters that need to be Random Tested, per fight card.

12 Athletes per card x 30 Boxing Cards per year = 360 Athletes needed to be Randomly Tested. Now, lets keep in mind that Keiser isn't paying for it out of his pocket, it would be paid for with revenues generated from the Event itself (I.E. Gate, PPV).

Lets also keep in mind that Random Testing doesn't mean testing the Athletes every day, until the fight, which would be a lot of Blood to test in the lab. Hypothetically, they could only show up and test the fighters only one time, but it would be random and they wouldn't be prepared for it.

Based on everything I just said, Keiser is more worries about the additional work than the cost of it.
                Andre Ward was quoted saying it was something like 50-100,000 for him to take OSDT leading up to the fight if I remember correctly.

So using your number of 360 fighters it would cost somewhere between 18-36 million to implement just testing leading up to the fight. I can only imagine what full year round testing would be.

You really think the state of Nevada can or could even consider covering that bill? Not likely...

Comment

• Im sure they also consider the fact that they could lose even more revenue if fighters choose not to fight in Nevada to avoid the testing...

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                    So in one breath Manny agrees to the testing.

Then in the another breath he doesn't want to do it because of Floyd's demands and will only do what the commission says do?

Which one is it?
                    Now that I think about it, I remember reading an article the other day. New Jersery Athletic Commission does Random blood and urine out-of-competition testing year round.

1. I wonder where they get the funding to this and why can't NSAC do the same?

2. Manny fought in Texas with no problem, I wonder if he'll except a bout in New Jersey where OSDT is mandatory. I mean Manny does go by the "commission". He never specified which commission, so he should be able to go by the NJAC as well. Atlantic City, Mayweather vs Pac, HERE WE COME
                    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 09-29-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      Now that I think about it, I remember reading an article the other day. New Jersery Athletic Commission does Random blood and urine out-of-competition testing year round.

1. I wonder where they get the funding to this and why can't NSAC do the same?

2. Manny fought in Texas with no problem, I wonder if he'll except a bout in New Jersey where OSDT is mandatory. I mean Manny does go by the "commission". He never specified which commission, so he should be able to go by the NJAC as well. Atlantic City, Mayweather vs Pac, HERE WE COME
                      Manny won't take a test anywhere................
                      Plus the state taxes in NJ make it impossible to fight there.

Comment

Working...
                      X