Comments Thread For: Cortez Admits He Never "Told" Floyd, Ortiz To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Medved View Post
    "he forgot?"

LETS GO COULD MEAN 10000000 million different things, especially when you turn your back to talk to the Time keepers.

Why would you say "lets go" and turn around when you can say fight or BOX.

Why wasnt Floyd in neutral corner? Why was he wandering around?

Why was Ortiz walking around?

Why weren't they in opposite corners until Cortez told Time keeper time in and went into the middle of the ring and Said BOX/FIGHT, and if Ortiz's dumb ass wanted to hug after that it would be his problem.

I swear Larry, you have 2 personalities, you should go to the doctor and get it checked out.
    Motioning your hands together and saying 'Let's go' is no different from saying 'Box' or 'Fight'. It's the same thing.

Most of the times Cortez broke them up in this fight, he didn't even say anything at all when he motioned his hands to continue. He just made the hand gesture, and of course, the fighters continued.

Also, Floyd was in a neutral corner as was Ortiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medved View Post
      "he forgot?"

LETS GO COULD MEAN 10000000 million different things, especially when you turn your back to talk to the Time keepers.

Why would you say "lets go" and turn around when you can say fight or BOX.

Why wasnt Floyd in neutral corner? Why was he wandering around?

Why was Ortiz walking around?

Why weren't they in opposite corners until Cortez told Time keeper time in and went into the middle of the ring and Said BOX/FIGHT, and if Ortiz's dumb ass wanted to hug after that it would be his problem.

I swear Larry, you have 2 personalities, you should go to the doctor and get it checked out.
      Actually, Floyd went to a neutral corner and Ortiz was taken to the other neutral corner and Cortez told him not to do it again. Then, they all went to the center of the ring and Cortez said lets go and showed the hand signal. Watch it again you'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Motioning your hands together and saying 'Let's go' is no different from saying 'Box' or 'Fight'. It's the same thing.

Most of the times Cortez broke them up in this fight, he didn't even say anything at all when he motioned his hands to continue. He just made the hand gesture, and of course, the fighters continued.

Also, Floyd was in a neutral corner as was Ortiz.
        Now what about the fact that he basically told the fighters to fight, before the clock was started? Isn't that technically the wrong way to do things?

Also, if the gesture was so obvious, why was Ortiz so surprised? I believe that's the pont of saying "box" and making the gesture, to make sure both fighters acknowledge the signal, this time, one fighter didn't, obviously.

Comment

• Cortez could of handeld the situation better, but regardless (even discarding) his performance on Saturday, i still struggle to see with he gets big fights in the first place.
          As soon as you see hes the ref you get a feeling something strange is going to happen in the fight. Plenty of better options out there IMO, i think hes way past it.

Comment

• Honestly, can you see Kenny Bayless or other top referees handling the situation the way Cortez did? I mean Ortiz brought that shot onto himself but Cortez did a poor job. He really should not be allowed to referee a top level fight again.

Comment

• whatever

All of this talk is in vein. After watching 4 rounds, Is there anybody out there that thinks Ortiz had a chance anyway?

Is there anyone out there that thinks he deserves a rematch after the way he acted like such a P***y during this whole ordeal?

I hope not

i think he's just happy to make some more money and thats the only reason he wants a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                Now what about the fact that he basically told the fighters to fight, before the clock was started? Isn't that technically the wrong way to do things?

Also, if the gesture was so obvious, why was Ortiz so surprised? I believe that's the pont of saying "box" and making the gesture, to make sure both fighters acknowledge the signal, this time, one fighter didn't, obviously.
                Cortez said "Lets go" then looked and pointed at the time keeper and said "Time in" - Please look at the replay. The thing is that Ortiz should have known that the fight had started when the hand signal was given.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  Honestly, can you see Kenny Bayless or other top referees handling the situation the way Cortez did? I mean Ortiz brought that shot onto himself but Cortez did a poor job. He really should not be allowed to referee a top level fight again.
                  Yeah this has got to be the end now, when Cortez is brought up in equal measure to the fighters before the fight then there's clearly a problem.

Comment

• Cortez even admitts it. Who gives a crap what hand gesture he gave. The fighters aren't deaf. You say time in or lets fight, simple as that. He knows he wasn't ready for the fight to start back up. He was making sure the time had started running. There's no question.

Cortez set it straight by admitting his own incompetence.

End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                      Honestly, can you see Kenny Bayless or other top referees handling the situation the way Cortez did? I mean Ortiz brought that shot onto himself but Cortez did a poor job. He really should not be allowed to referee a top level fight again.
                      Perfect post.

Comment

Working...
                      X