Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was time called in? He punched him during a time-out, clock wasnt rolling! Cortez SUX

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bdevils View Post
    Your pathetic!! Ortiz does a jumping headbutt don't see you talking bout that?! Bottom line Cortez said let's go, Ortiz wanted to continue hugging and Floyd hit him with 2 legal shots!
    and? He got a point taken off didnt he? Did Headbutt do any damage?
    Victor got penalized, like I said above post.

We could barely hear it on TV with Cortez being MIC'ed up. How do you expect Ortiz to hear it with thousand yelling people when we barely heard a direct Microphone feed? Something which Fighters dont have luxury of hearing

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
      WE CAN BARELY HEAR IT!! and dont forget that we can barely hear it with him being MIC'ed UP FOR THE TV.

Ortiz doesnt have luxury of hearing Cortez'es microphone, only the fans do at home, and WE BARELY heard it. Now imagine yourself in the ring with people yelling all over the place, how you gonna hear it if we barely heard it and Cortez had a MIC hooked up to him?

There is no way Ortiz heard it, we can only hear it because Cortez is miced up and his mic filters all the sound, even then its barely heard.

Just because we heard it, doesnt mean Ortiz heard it with thousand yelling people
      This dude right here is such a loser . I couldn't get through half of this post without bursting out loud. Stop whining and go make some breakfast.

Comment

Cortez signaled the fight to continue, gesturing his hands together, and saying, "let's go". What's not to understand about that? Both fighters could plainly see and hear the gestures.

Yes, the headbutt cut Floyd below the lip. You need more supporting evidence to any other of your claims, excuses?

Comment

he never said "box" or "time in." it was unclear officiating. he did say "let's go" and waved them in but cortez himself wasn't ready at that moment.

why can't all fights be reffed by kenny bayless?

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
            he never said "box" or "time in." it was unclear officiating. he did say "let's go" and waved them in but cortez himself wasn't ready at that moment.

Because Floyd needs all the help he can get. He cant even win legitly, has to punch a dude who is turned around and has his hands down, even then it took 2 shots

I hope someone does it to his kids, then he can teach them to keep their hands up

Comment

I can see how people can both ways on this.

In my opinion, the real disappointment is Cortez. NORMALLY, during an egregious foul, deliberate or otherwise, the fighters are separated, time is called, the affected fighter is COMMANDED to go the neutral corner if he can, the fighter is then admonished. If point/s will be deducted, the fighter is taken by the hand by the referee and ceremoniously walked around the ring as the referee indicates to the three ringside judges that point/s will be taken from the guilty boxer. The referee then goes to check the affected boxer (evaluate any injury) and check to see whether the incident warrants that the boxer receive additional time to recover. If not necessary, NORMALLY, the fighters are brought back towards the middle of the ring, and the referee makes the internationally understood indication for "time in" (hand pointed at timeskeeper with quick, downward movent) and then the referee brings hands in deliberately in a manner to indicate "fight", signaling to the boxers that they may fight again.

The only thing Cortez got right was "time out", (hands put together in a T). Of course, Ortiz understands English; however, I wonder how people would feel if he didn't and had to rely on Cortez's signalling to understand whether the fight was "on." Thank God Ortiz wasn't badly hurt.

Ortiz definitely fouled Mayweather; however, that does not excuse the poor officiating. Boxers, corners, and the fans can reasonably feel cheated. In 25 years of watching championship boxing, I've only seen this once, and it's unfortunate that it came at the hand of a hall of fame referee like Cortez.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post

"Let's go" means (ready to box/resume action). Ortiz is still trying to hug Mayweather when Cortez points to the time keeper and says "time in", he had already previously gave the signal to resume action prior. He could have went about the situation better, being a vet referee but that's Joe Cortez for you. I agree, should've been a different ref.

Comment

Originally posted by » HE3R0 « View Post
                  We knew Cortez was going to be apart of it somehow Med.

Floyd knows the type of ref he can get from Cortez.

Someone that will allow him to restart his defense everytime he gets trapped on the ropes and an aging ref who spaces out during fights.
                  Without a doubt before the fight started everyone knew with Cortez involved something completely idiotic was gonna happen and he did not disappoint. Seriously I will never in my life watch another fight in which he is involved in! Piece of crap ref abilities almost matches floyd's lack of class.

BTW your avatar has "you mad" written all over it lol unbelievable how easily owned Floyd was by simple to the point questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    he never told Floyd to STAND in the neutral corner, because if he did Floyd wouldnt by 3 feet away from Ortiz as he is in the corner looking away.
                    hadn't watched the tape when we threaded this, had we? pretty much all the points you raise in your post are inaccurate in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      This dude right here is such a loser . I couldn't get through half of this post without bursting out loud. Stop whining and go make some breakfast.

it's gone beyond words, man. these people are a joke. floydmania rules this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X