Comments Thread For: Khan-Peterson Likely For December 10, Says Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
    stop...just stop
    No, not just stop. Rome is actually correct. I wouldn't be surprised if Peterson schooled Maidana. Peterson isn;t a big name, but he is probably the best 140 pounder after Bradley and Khan. I think he could beat Maidana. And he could almost certainly kick Matts and Morales ass.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
      I'm not too confident about Peterson beating Matthysse or Maidana....against Khan,it is probably a mismatch.Everything Peterson does,Khan does better imo.Personally,I would rather see another candidate for fight of the year- Khan and Maidana was just that...Matthysse brings the same heat as Maidana so I wouldn't mind that fight either.Like I said,I hate waiting 4-6 months for these type of fights.

I am just saying,I wouldn't want to see a rematch of Peterson and Bradley-it was a clear victory for Bradley and I doubt Peterson does any better the second time around...
      What you keep forgetting his that Mattysse does not want to fight Khan. If Lucas beats Morales, which he almost surely will, why would he want to get his ass kicked by Khan? Lets face it Matts is a mediocre boxer that has a great chin, and great power. Although, he hasn't knocked out a single top fighter, so his power is just great, not Maidana level.

Just like Bradley, Morales, JMM, Matts is going to duck Khan, like a lot of 140 pounders. That;s why its a good idea for Khan to leave this division of cowards.

Comment

petersons best win is victor cayo, a guy that maidana dropped in 6. and lucas would KO him late. please stop overrating peterson.
        I agree with this.Peterson is a solid guy,but hasn't really gotten "lift-off" beyond being a FNF level fighter.Whereas Mattysse beat Judah and Alexander (but got robbed)...ironic that Mattysse's "losses" are better than any of Peterson's wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Froghead99 View Post
          What you keep forgetting his that Mattysse does not want to fight Khan. If Lucas beats Morales, which he almost surely will, why would he want to get his ass kicked by Khan? Lets face it Matts is a mediocre boxer that has a great chin, and great power. Although, he hasn't knocked out a single top fighter, so his power is just great, not Maidana level.

Just like Bradley, Morales, JMM, Matts is going to duck Khan, like a lot of 140 pounders. That;s why its a good idea for Khan to leave this division of cowards.
          Where and when did Mattysse say he wants no part of Khan?

Let's not forget that Maidana (who does want a rematch with Khan) is less than a mediocre boxer with a good chin and power (as you described Mattysse) and put on a very competitive and entertaining fight with Khan.Do you think Peterson will give us this type of fight??? Hell no,and that's not a slag on Peterson,it is just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
            I agree with this.Peterson is a solid guy,but hasn't really gotten "lift-off" beyond being a FNF level fighter.Whereas Mattysse beat Judah and Alexander (but got robbed)...ironic that Mattysse's "losses" are better than any of Peterson's wins.
            Mattysse LOST to Zab, plain and simple. The only people banging on about this, are the dozen or so ******s on this website who obviously didn;t even watch the fight.

Mattyse is mediocre, and Peterson would straight up kick his ass.

Comment

Mattysse LOST to Zab, plain and simple. The only people banging on about this, are the dozen or so ******s on this website who obviously didn;t even watch the fight.

Mattyse is mediocre, and Peterson would straight up kick his ass.
              I watched the fight a few times....Zab didn't win that fight IMO...even in his own backyard.

There is nothing that Peterson has done in his career (yet) that suggests he would (in your words) STRAIGHT KICK MATTYSSE'S ASS. He could perhaps make it competitive,but not win easily as you elude to.He is lucky in his own right that Ortiz decided to stop slugging.

Comment

No, not just stop. Rome is actually correct. I wouldn't be surprised if Peterson schooled Maidana. Peterson isn;t a big name, but he is probably the best 140 pounder after Bradley and Khan. I think he could beat Maidana. And he could almost certainly kick Matts and Morales ass.

LOL...peterson 3rd best JWW?? damn that cayo win really launched him quite high in your ratings.

guerrero, maidana, matthysse are all better than peterson....you just hate maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  So let me get this straight,because I don't agree with you that Matt's and Maidana beat Peterson I'm overrating Peterson...LMAO come dude be serious..Peterson is a better boxer who has proven to be mentally tough as well as physically tough..It really don't matter at the end of the day,none of the three fighters mention are or have been Champs..They are good fighters,but of all three of umm Peterson has more then just toughness..Which is why I see him as being the harder fight..Remember power is not the be all end all...
                  alright fair enough...still disagree with him being better than maidana or mattyhsse. but hes a solid fighter.

Comment

LOL...peterson 3rd best JWW?? damn that cayo win really launched him quite high in your ratings.

guerrero, maidana, matthysse are all better than peterson....you just hate maidana.
                    Now I know your full of **** bro..How ya gonna rate Guerrero higher then Peterson or say he's a better fighter when he has not even fought at 140lb yet??Come bro your a hater and can't deal with the fact Khan beat Maidana..I have tbh there is no reason to see that fight again...Let's get some new blood to get a crack at it..
                    Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 09-07-2011, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      Now I know your full of **** bro..How ya gonna rate Guerrero higher then Peterson or say he's a better fighter when he has not even fought at 140lb yet??Come bro your a hater and can't deal with the fact Khan beat Maidana..I have tbh there is no reason to see that fight again...Let's get some knew blood to get a crack at it..

Ohh...but the majority of this forum had guerrero beating maidana without even having a fight at 140, but that was ok right?? so why is it so out of the realm of possibility to rate guerrero above peterson??

and for the record guerrero would have been a very tough fight for maidana i'm not so sure maidana woulda won that fight. and yes if guerrero vs peterson came off i'm taking guerrero.

khans a very good fighter...i just wanna see a rematch of a very enteraining fight as do the majority of fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X