Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
    That video does kind of show what Floyd can't do against Southpaws. No shoulder roll, conventional defense by keeping both hands up. Is prone to get flurried on, less effective at counter punching.

Pacquiao does have a shot. Stealing rounds by making a lot of noise with his flurries, I.E. vs Clottey. But not as one-sided, never. Not even on Floyd's worst day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssc73 View Post
      Gino,

Here's a novel that if you put it all together, you would almost be guaranteed a win over Floyd. And the only active fighter, maybe two fighters, that could fight the right type of fight for 12 rounds are 21 and 28 lbs bigger respectively.

I have been a member for awhile but haven't been on the boards a whole lot. But I like this because it wasn't the typical Mayweather threads you see. So I thought I'd throw in entirely too much info.....

You have good points. Floyd is in no way feather-fisted. Otherwise, Mosley, Oscar, Corrales, Castillo...all walk him down. I can't remember what round, I think 5 where Oscar had opened up and damn near got his head taken off! Oscar never really tried again after that because he would have go KTFO! Unless you want to count those wide-a** Rocky Balboa flurries to Floyd's elbows. How anyone gave Oscar more than 3 rounds?

Forgive me if someone has already said this. But you need a lot to go your way to beat him. It's gotta be a tall guy that can hurt him early and not get ko happy. Then throw constant jabs, not at his head but at his chest. And as you jab to his chest, you have to step to the left and push him to your right to avoid the pull counter.

It has to be someone like Castillo that has the iron chin to get in the pocket with Floyd, where he's even better than the outside, and concentrate on the body about 75% for the first six and outwork him. It will fool some judges. But then you still have to hope you've worn him down more than you are, need size, a jab and insane power in both hands. Because you have to make him want to fight the last half outside and STILL outwork him. They don't have to land, you can't be thinking KO, you have to be in the best shape of your life and hope for a little help with the judges.

I'm not saying he's unbeatable. But almost every style possible with the exception of Castillo has not even come close. And he's made adjustments on pressure fighters since Castillo too. So it's not a model anymore. It would have to be a very high energy, very active fighter who would not allow Mayweather to control space.

I just don't see that fighter anywhere near his weight class.

One fighter now I can see giving him problems because of how awkward? Martinez. But I still think Floyd figures that one out after 3-4 rounds.

One fight that the general public would find boring that I think would have been very interesting and VERY difficult for Floyd would be Winky in his prime. Tall, long southpaw jab with great defense himself. But I still think Floyd is too accurate and gets a dec.

You bascially need a phenom like prime Jones. But even then a perfect game plan like I first mentioned has to be followed. Floyd has slown down a bit. But I still think you need someone with that kind of natural ability, equal speed and in a disciplined fight plan.

Sorry everyone. It's not gonna be Pacquiao. Floyd controls distance to well and is very unpunished. The only hope for Pacquiao is if Floyd becomes like other great fighters at 35. Assuming they fight next May, Floyd will have just turned 35. The first time Whitaker was convincingly beaten by Trinidad? Just turned 35. Jones v Tarver 2? Just after Jones turned 35.

But before you get your hopes up, Floyd is more fundamentally sound that Jones and has better defense than he did. And despite being a great defensive fighter, Whitaker did take much more punishment over his career than Floyd and was not the offensive fighter Floyd was.

You need a cross between Leonard, Chavez and Duran to beat him. Matched speed on offense(Leonard), in his chest, hammering his body,arms, shoulder-whatever he gives you without being discouraged(Chavez), and the mental games Duran used to play-not shaving or showering for a couple weeks before his fights and then mauling his opponents, talkin' ****, overall solid offense and defense, and someone who could cut the ring off better than anyone and figure out the perfect plan and adjustments on the fly(Duran & Arcel were perfect at that).

Any of those guys separately would have a good chance of beating him. More Leonard than the others. But if you could combine the three?? Haha!

One other historical fighter that would have given him real problems that would have the style and built-in fight plan to beat him would be Marvin Hagler. Southpaw, iron chin, cut the ring, and an excellent boxer-puncher. And I'm talking the early eighties version, not the 85-87 version.

Julian Jackson's power wouldn't hurt either.

Thomas Hearns in the fight plan he used against Leonard the first time would probably beat him. He would have made it to 12 since there aren't 15 rounds, very tall, very good jab, and possibly the quickest and hardest RH ever. If he couldn't KO Floyd, I think he's the one with the best chance of winning based on height, length etc.

Don't get the wrong idea. I don't think Floyd is GOAT. But he is probably the most disciplined fighter in the ring I have ever seen. It would take the perfect fight plan and equal discipline to beat him.
      amazing post..........

Comment

• Originally posted by rambov View Post
        LOL Michelle Malkin in a sad case indeed. She really is no different from Amy Holmes or Juan Williams.
        please do not compare Juan Willams to Malkin. i dont feel hes an "uncle tom" at all.

hes nothinglike Malkin.

back on topic. great thread, Gino. just read through all 22 pages in the last 50mins while sitting here at work before i leave
        Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 08-22-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• floyd almost KO oscar with pillows gloves...[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've heard one person give Floyd credit for buckling Oscar...if it was the other way around people would throw that up every chance they get!! I've hear things so crazy and outlandish like "Hatton ROCKED Floyd" LMFAO...SERIOUSLY!!!

Now people are here trying to give "insert fighter" the next guys style just to beat him...well, hypothetically give whatever fighting style to who ever u want, I'ma give Floyd his 130 fighting style back at 147...deal with that!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post

back on topic. great thread, Gino. just read through all 22 pages in the last 50mins while sitting here at work before i leave
            Glad you enjoyed.

Every once in awhile, we all need to really discuss the sport. In a *******-free environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
              floyd almost KO oscar with pillows gloves...
              I don't think I've heard one person give Floyd credit for buckling Oscar...if it was the other way around people would throw that up every chance they get!! I've hear things so crazy and outlandish like "Hatton ROCKED Floyd" LMFAO...SERIOUSLY!!!

Now people are here trying to give "insert fighter" the next guys style just to beat him...well, hypothetically give whatever fighting style to who ever u want, I'ma give Floyd his 130 fighting style back at 147...deal with that!!![/QUOTE]

Is that the gif in the OP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                Glad you enjoyed.

Every once in awhile, we all need to really discuss the sport. In a *******-free environment.
                I have really enjoyed the time that I took to read each and every post, especially yours. I was very nice to discuss boxing in a mostly civilized manner. Kudos to all posters!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                  That video does kind of show what Floyd can't do against Southpaws. No shoulder roll, conventional defense by keeping both hands up. Is prone to get flurried on, less effective at counter punching.

Pacquiao does have a shot. Stealing rounds by making a lot of noise with his flurries, I.E. vs Clottey. But not as one-sided, never. Not even on Floyd's worst day.

Floyd used the Shoulder roll on Demarcus Corley and Corly is a south Paw.

Floyd Struggled early against Zab cause he threw too many telegraphed punches early in the fight and Floyd needed time to adjust to Zab`s speed.

The Perception that Floyd Struggles more against Southpaws is a myth.Floyd fought 4 southpaws and dominated all of them.People just ain't use to seeing Floyd hit so when he get hit a little more then usual people think he has trouble with Southpaws.

Well Floyd struggled with Mosley early in the fight,Castillo in both fights Oscar somewhat,Emmanuel Burton somewhat and Jesus Chavez somewhat and they are all orthodox.

Comment

• great point.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
                      Defend against Mayweather? Then there wouldn't be a fight. How would you like to see a fight with 20 total punches thrown?
                      Either this is a bad joke or you dont recognize why floyd is great and why his ppvs have done close to and over a mil in his last couple of fights. Floyd didn't go undefeated throwing 20 punches a round. Cotto and JuanMa throw more punches in your opinion than Floyd, and what did it get them? Knocked out!
                      Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 08-23-2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X