Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    I don't think N'dou was credited for that flurry. It looks like it "hurt" N'dou more than it did Floyd by waste of energy.
    Now, If that was Miguel Cotto throwing those SAME punches at Zab Judah against the ropes, don't you feel it would be perceived differently?

Like somehow Cotto was "mauling" or "effectively pressuring" Judah?

That is where I feel Floyd gets a bit of an unfair advantage.

Floyd is getting the Michael Jordan push-off on Bryon Russell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      There's an interesting dynamic happening here, and it's a problem.

I do not believe that judges will score those as points for you.

I have always felt that Floyd has an "unnatural" advantage in the scoring because when someone lands to his body or shoulder, they don't get scored.

Think about it. Do you think the judges score this flurry for N'Dou?

I would bet $100 that the judges say "Oh ****!! What a defense!". When, in reality, N'Dou landed like 10 punches to Floyd's shoulders. Punches that if Miguel Cotto landed on zab, the judges would say ""Damn, Miguel is really mauling Judah".

Think about that.

I think mayweather gets the benefit of scoring because his defense is so 'pretty" and judges get ****** into that. They ain't giving you no points for landing on Floyd's arms when Floyd is INTENTIONALLY turning his arm to absorb the punch.
      I love this thread.

The one thing that has to be stated as a fact is that you don't get points for landing on someones shoulders or arms.

Floyd is a pure boxer who can tactically adjust to a variety of situations. you need a guy who can do the same. unfortunately that guy is three to four years away in amir khan imho.

Comment

Now, If that was Miguel Cotto throwing those SAME punches at Zab Judah against the ropes, don't you feel it would be perceived differently?

Like somehow Cotto was "mauling" or "effectively pressuring" Judah?

That is where I feel Floyd gets a bit of an unfair advantage.

Floyd is getting the Michael Jordan push-off on Bryon Russell.

I know what you mean. No one perceives Zab as someone with godly defense. He's just a guy trying to be slick.

Flurries that don't really land can help can earn points most of the time but not against Floyd or other defense wizards.

Comment

• I personally don't think attacking Mayweather is a mistake.

If fighters fought defensively and tried to outbox him, they would get picked apart because Mayweather is the best boxer in the sport, thats his game. You box with Floyd and you have already lost. He's too accurate, too quick and too smart to be outboxed around his weight class.

Fighters that have attacked him have had more success than those that have boxed him.

Look at his fights against Gatti, Judah, Mosley where those guys boxed for the most part and compare them to his fights with Castillo, Hatton, De La Hoya where those guys put on constant pressure and tried to get inside and do damage.

Mosley and Gatti got their asses handed to them ( R.I.P Gatti) and although Judah had success early, Mayweather knew that Judah was dangerous early and all he had to do was pressure him behind a high guard, throw some punches and eventually Zab would tire and mentally would fade as always which he did.

Hatton, De La Hoya and Castillo especially Castillo were able to win rounds off Mayweather because they made him work hard every round, applied constant pressure and basically attacked whenever they could.

They all ended up losing but they were closer to beating Mayweather than anyone that tried to box him was.

Comment

• "It's gotta be Floyd's shoes. There's no other explanation."

Comment

• Originally posted by AKOO View Post
              I personally don't think attacking Mayweather is a mistake.

If fighters fought defensively and tried to outbox him, they would get picked apart because Mayweather is the best boxer in the sport, thats his game. You box with Floyd and you have already lost. He's too accurate, too quick and too smart to be outboxed around his weight class.

Fighters that have attacked him have had more success than those that have boxed him.

Look at his fights against Gatti, Judah, Mosley where those guys boxed for the most part and compare them to his fights with Castillo, Hatton, De La Hoya where those guys put on constant pressure and tried to get inside and do damage.

Mosley and Gatti got their asses handed to them ( R.I.P Gatti) and although Judah had success early, Mayweather knew that Judah was dangerous early and all he had to do was pressure him behind a high guard, throw some punches and eventually Zab would tire and mentally would fade as always which he did.

Hatton, De La Hoya and Castillo especially Castillo were able to win rounds off Mayweather because they made him work hard every round, applied constant pressure and basically attacked whenever they could.

They all ended up losing but they were closer to beating Mayweather than anyone that tried to box him was.
              If you take Castillo out of the situation, which I do because THIS was why Floyd struggled:

As I was saying...If you take Castillo out, Delahoya and hatton didn't win a single round from round 6 onwards. Why? Because their "pressure" became predictable.

When you KNOW someone is coming to you...there are but some many ways they can come to you.

Comment

• I wouldn't call Hatton successful. He only won a round.

Comment

If you take Castillo out of the situation, which I do because THIS was why Floyd struggled:

As I was saying...If you take Castillo out, Delahoya and hatton didn't win a single round from round 6 onwards. Why? Because their "pressure" became predictable.

When you KNOW someone is coming to you...there are but some many ways they can come to you.
                  Floyd has an excellent ability to adapt which makes him so hard to beat.

I'm not saying that pressuring Floyd means you will win because so many fighters have tried it and not come close except for Castillo in the first fight but who out there is good enough to outbox Floyd and adapt as he adapts.

I think giving Floyd the time to think of his attack will only make it worse for you because a fighter with the skillset to make him miss won't be able to do it consistently because he's so unpredictable and quick that you have no idea what punch is coming and a fighter cannot prepare for all of his options consistently without him eventually getting through.

At least when you pressure Floyd, you give him less time to think of his options and maybe you can be busy enough and maybe get enough scoring punches in to win a round.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKOO View Post
                    I personally don't think attacking Mayweather is a mistake.

this is one of the main reasons i think prime margs & p-will would do good against floyd... their constant punch volume and pressure would keep floyd on defensive... and their willingness to eat punches will keep floyd from mentally beating them to the punch like shane and jmm... when shane grew hesitant to punch, that was when the fight was over... prime margs & p-will wont hesitate.

its like jmm/diaz I vs jmm/diaz II... diaz was an idiot to try to outbox jmm. and ANYONE who tries to outbox floyd is delusional... they need to bring the fight to floyd and work with the counters in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
                      this is one of the main reasons i think prime margs & p-will would do good against floyd... their constant punch volume and pressure would keep floyd on defensive... and their willingness to eat punches will keep floyd from mentally beating them to the punch like shane and jmm... when shane grew hesitant to punch, that was when the fight was over... prime margs & p-will wont hesitate.

its like jmm/diaz I vs jmm/diaz II... diaz was an idiot to try to outbox jmm. and ANYONE who tries to outbox floyd is delusional... they need to bring the fight to floyd and work with the counters in mind.
                      Prime P-Will would have been a problem for Floyd. Prime Marg would have looked like Mayweather/Corrales, except without the KD's.

Margarito is just too slow. He would never land on Floyd. Margarito didn't land on Shane.

Look at the first five rounds of the Marg/Migs fight. Imagine that, all night long. Except Floyd would have been hit way less than Cotto. And would never tire.

Comment

Working...
                      X