Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great thread. real talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      You're taking a kernel of what I said and running with it rather than considering the entirety of my statement.

Sir.

90% of your post was about Baldomir .... so it was not a kernel ..... and I commented on that!

It's natural that a C level fighter would get frustrated when he sees that he does not have the tools to beat his opponent.

What you are saying means that Floyd didn't pick an opponent (eg. Baldomir) that would have made it competitive .... therefore, the frustration by his opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        90% of your post was about Baldomir .... so it was not a kernel ..... and I commented on that!

It's natural that a C level fighter would get frustrated when he sees that he does not have the tools to beat his opponent.

What you are saying means that Floyd didn't pick an opponent (eg. Baldomir) that would have made it competitive .... therefore, the frustration by his opponent.
        I can see how you would think that, and that's my bad for using Baldo solely as the example.

Here are guys who looked discouraged/frustrated by mid-fight:

Oscar, Hatton, Shane, Baldomir, Judah, .

I'm not going older than that because Floyd was a more offensive fighter at the lower weights with a higher KO ratio. So those guys weren't just frustrated...they were also hurt.

Comment

I can see how you would think that, and that's my bad for using Baldo solely as the example.

Here are guys who looked discouraged/frustrated by mid-fight:

Oscar, Hatton, Shane, Baldomir, Judah, .

I'm not going older than that because Floyd was a more offensive fighter at the lower weights with a higher KO ratio. So those guys weren't just frustrated...they were also hurt.
          with the exception of baldomire everyone you mentioned was hurt

Comment

• Originally posted by treason1 View Post
            with the exception of baldomir everyone you mentioned was hurt
            Shane was at risk of being stopped. If Floyd wasn't such a cautious fighter and put his foot on the gas, he would have stopped Shane. Judah bailed himself out with the nutpunch.

I don't believe that Floyd was going to stop Oscar. Even manny Pacquiao never put Oscar down. manny's stoppage was just a realization of futility. As much as people call ODLH a sissy, he is a VERY durable guy.

Hatton got stopped.

But my point is more that Floyd's opponents lose the fight via their mindset by mid-fight, whether they are hurt or not.

Something else that Floyd does VERY well? He recognizes how the fight is being called and he adjusts to that. He is always in the moment.

People claim that the way to beat Floyd is to pressure him and rough him up. OK, fine. How many times have you seen Floyd complain to the ref about dirty fighting? Or head butts? Or low blows? or anything at all?

Even when he got severely nut-gutted and rabbit-punched by Zab, he took his time and came back and fought. No complaints.

Floyd isn't a drama queen fighter like Judah or Cintron.

Comment

Shane was at risk of being stopped. If Floyd wasn't such a cautious fighter and put his foot on the gas, he would have stopped Shane. Judah bailed himself out with the nutpunch.

I don't believe that Floyd was going to stop Oscar. Even manny Pacquiao never put Oscar down. manny's stoppage was just a realization of futility. As much as people call ODLH a sissy, he is a VERY durable guy.

Hatton got stopped.

But my point is more that Floyd's opponents lose the fight via their mindset by mid-fight, whether they are hurt or not.

Something else that Floyd does VERY well? He recognizes how the fight is being called and he adjusts to that. He is always in the moment.

People claim that the way to beat Floyd is to pressure him and rough him up. OK, fine. How many times have you seen Floyd complain to the ref about dirty fighting? Or head butts? Or low blows? or anything at all?

Even when he got severely nut-gutted and rabbit-punched by Zab, he took his time and came back and fought. No complaints.

Floyd isn't a drama queen fighter like Judah or Cintron.
              I think any other fighter would've thrown himself on the canvas and rolled around like a pet looking for a disqualification from the ref. The fight could've been called off and Floyd would've won by disqualification.

He let the chaos and drama play itself out until everybody came to their senses and agreed to let the fight continue. That is true grit .

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                I think any other fighter would've thrown himself on the canvas and rolled around like a pet looking for a disqualification from the ref. The fight could've been called off and Floyd would've won by disqualification.

He let the chaos and drama play itself out until everybody came to their senses and agreed to let the fight continue. That is true grit .
                True statement. I know Tyson would've gone after someone lol

Comment

joseph agbeko would have bit ched up for sure........

Comment

Hatton got stopped.

Floyd isn't a drama queen fighter like Judah or Cintron

Guys, I posted the above statement on August 25th. how prescient was that?

If Gino Ros knew this, then Victor Ortiz should have known it also.

Comment

Great point, and we just saw the perfect example.

Ortiz fouled Floyd badly. Floyd needed stitches in his mouth. May could have played it up and sought a DQ. Instead, he took matters into his hands and spanked that b!tch.

no drama.

Comment

Working...
                      X