No announcement yet.

Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
    What I don't get is why was Mosley turned down TWICE after literally going to the WCG and asking for the fight!!!
    Because Mosley was still a great threat.

See Roach feard Mosley after the betaing he gave Margarito....so he said NAHHH, Mosley is too big (were not that brave).

Mayweather put a asswhooping on Mosley and they said Mosley was old.

And once Mora confirmed it, it was time to fight the Pacman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Visceral View Post
      This is a question I still cannot figure out. Arum said Berto wasn't well known enough, but that logic goes out the window completley when you consider he faught Clottey a year ago. A totally unjustified fight.
      The Clottey fight had to be organised quickly. Pacquiao had a March 13th to fight on, Mayweather was messing around so, he needed a opponent quick. It was January then and you need 3 months to promote a fight of that magnitude.

Mosley and Berto were due to fight, so they were out of the picture. Margarito was still banned, just beat Cotto.

Clottey was the highest ranked fighter available and he was a Top rank fighter making negotiations easy and quick.

Best choice available at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        The Clottey fight had to be organised quickly. Pacquiao had a March 13th to fight on, Mayweather was messing around so, he needed a opponent quick. It was January then and you need 3 months to promote a fight of that magnitude.

Mosley and Berto were due to fight, so they were out of the picture. Margarito was still banned, just beat Cotto.

Clottey was the highest ranked fighter available and he was a Top rank fighter making negotiations easy and quick.

CLOTTEY WAS THE HIGHEST RANK?????????????? DURING THAT TIME HE WAS RANKED AS NUMBER 5!!!!!!

Paul Williams was still ranked as a WW, and he was number 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
          What I don't get is why was Mosley turned down TWICE after literally going to the WCG and asking for the fight!!!
          Mosley went down the wild card when Pacquiao was before the Hatton fight. Mosley asked for the fight, Roach said can you make 142lb, Mosley said no.

Why should Roach put Pacquiao in with Mosley when he got a fight lined up already at the weight bellow.

After Hatton Roach offered Cotto and Mosley the same deal, catchweight fight with Pacquiao, Mosley said no, Cotto said yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
            CLOTTEY WAS THE HIGHEST RANK?????????????? DURING THAT TIME HE WAS RANKED AS NUMBER 5!!!!!!

Paul Williams was still ranked as a WW, and he was number 3.
            Sure he was that why he was facing Winky at middleweight.

Got those top fighters that Berto beat as yet?

Comment

Well if you are asking that if Berto beat someone who was not a bum, then no, he beat no elite fighters.

But that doesn't change the fact that Pacquiao should have beat Berto.

Noooooo, the Pacman wanted to go for $****ty Shane.

Comment

And then fought Martinez at what weight?

Come on, I'll let you answer this one.

Comment

And then fought Martinez at what weight?

Come on, I'll let you answer this one.
                  ALL I'M saying is Paul Williams was still being ranked as a WW during that time, just like Mosley was still being ranked as a WW even though he was fighting at JMW against Mora.

Comment

I totally get that. And Berto was the better choice to fight Pac at the time he faught Mosley instead.
                    Berto: Undefeated, young, strong, and fast.
                    Mosley: Washed up, just got whooped by Mayweather and drew with Mora, old, and slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Visceral View Post
                      I totally get that. And Berto was the better choice to fight Pac at the time he faught Mosley instead.
                      Berto: Undefeated, young, strong, fast.
                      Mosley: Washed up, just got whooped by Mayweather and drew with Mora, old, slow.
                      Especially when you FACTOR in, that Arum and Roach CALLED MOSLEY OLD!!

Comment

Working...
                      X