Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure it was.........money. The reason why most people fight other people. Pac gets no credit for the win but hey a win is a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Name the top 3 fighters Mosley has beat in the last 48 months(4 years) at WW.

Go....
      Demolition of Margarito ending with a brutal 9th round KO

A beautiful KO of Mayorga in the final round with seconds remaining.

Should have got the decision over a middleweight Mora, who wanted to run all night. Well that where Mosley got that tactic from.

Since "Very Casual BoxingFollower" can't name the top 3 Berto wins, maybe you can help him out?

How about this one, what great name did Berto beat in November to put him in frame to win the Pacquiao sweepstakes?

Comment

• So they could give Mosley his last big payday for running around the ring and being humiliated by Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
          Pac dont pick fighters...Arum does that...

and on the "Roach & Arum had said Floyd won over a old Mosley"-topic...Roach & Arum are the most famous Floyd-haters...they are not different to the Floyd haters on this forum or in the world...no matter what Floyd does they will be hate...
          Arum has described the selection of an opponent for MannyP. thus; He, Arum goes through the whole roster of possible opponents, narrows it down to three of the most available fighters, presents them to MannyP who, with Roach then selects the opponent he wants to face.

I assume that Arum's presentations are also the most suitable promotionally and as PPV attractions also.

Comment

Yes Floyd was the lineal champion.

Do you know what lineal title is?

And, I know what you were responding to. And, still no and still LOL @ bringing up Boxrec.
            No he wasn't.

Study up and get back to me when you find out the answer.

Comment

• This is a question I still cannot figure out. Arum said Berto wasn't well known enough, but that logic goes out the window completley when you consider he faught Clottey a year ago. A totally unjustified fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                Arum has described the selection of an opponent for MannyP. thus; He, Arum goes through the whole roster of possible opponents, narrows it down to three of the most available fighters, presents them to MannyP who, with Roach then selects the opponent he wants to face.

I assume that Arum's presentations are also the most suitable promotionally and as PPV attractions also.
                Roach wanted Marquez, but negotiations broke down, Marquez was asking for twice the amount he got from the Floyd fight, and I think he was still tied to GBP so that fell apart.

Mosley was much easier to negotiate with, with him being a free agent.

Mosley over Berto everyday of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Visceral View Post
                  This is a question I still cannot figure out. Arum said Berto wasn't well known enough, but that logic goes out the window completley when you consider he faught Clottey a year ago. A totally unjustified fight.
                  Exactly. Clottey had NO following, people in his own county of Ghana didn't even know who the hell he was, they were just following the cameras.

Berto, Bradley, Madiana all have bigger followings that Clottey could ever dream of.

Comment

• What I don't get is why was Mosley turned down TWICE after literally going to the WCG and asking for the fight!!!

Comment

LOL @ boxrec and no.

On May 3rd.

Floyd lineal champ,

Pac #1 contender
                      Ortiz #2 contender

The top 3 WWs right there.

when Pac-Mosley was signed...WHICH MATTERS THE MOST.

Floyd lineal champ

Pac #1 contender
                      Berto #2 contender

The Ring had

Pac #1
                      Floyd #2
                      Berto #3

The top 3 WW's.

No way was Mosley ever in the top 3 WW's when Pac fought him no matter how you look at it.
                      Dude, just won't admit that Pac ducked a hype job Berto.

Comment

Working...
                      X