No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Talks Cotto-Margarito Tour, Denies Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    i think if margo wins it's only a so-so victory,i never thought of cotto as being any good,you say he got beat up and looked bad against mosley and pac because of speed,and not because of he's shot,true,but it still doesn't take away that he got beat up in those fights,thats the point i'm making,you can lose to someone who is fast and not take punishment in that fight,but he lost badly,took a lot,A LOT of punishment in those fights and that nobody can't say doesn't make him the perfect opponent for somebody to beat up on...sorry,but beating marg isn't a big deal
    I understand completely your point and side with margarito...but you are ignoring the fact that Cotto has been in plenty of wars himself. in the past 4 years Cotto has been in wars with (Mosley, Clottey, Margarito & pacquiao). In those same 4 years Margarito has been with (Mosley, Cotto, Williams & pacquiao). How could you say one fighter has been beaten up more than the other?

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
      I understand completely your point and side with margarito...but you are ignoring the fact that Cotto has been in plenty of wars himself. in the past 4 years Cotto has been in wars with (Mosley, Clottey, Margarito & pacquiao). In those same 4 years Margarito has been with (Mosley, Cotto, Williams & pacquiao). How could you say one fighter has been beaten up more than the other?
      oh i agree with that too,,cotto has been beat up too,even with an old mayorga he was hit too...i just think coming into this fight cotto is the much more fresher fighter,come december he would atleast have had a fight in 2010,marg will go into that fight well over a year since his last fight and in that fight took the beating of his life,had surgery too...i think cotto has the slight advantage in the fight but nothing really special either if marg wins,like i said,i don't think much of cotto that even a beat up fighter like marg can beat him,i don't see either as being any good,if marg wins it's not that big of a deal,if he would have beaten someone like pac ok,but he's facing cotto,no biggie there

Comment

well,let's just wait 'till december,seems long but time goes by fast,i'll watch because i'm a fan of the sport and am interested because of the personal thing of the fight,thats it..hopefully it gets stacked with competitive fights...4 months to go...

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          lol....u guys are so into this fight,thinking cotto is facing a good fighter and getting a good win that u can't even type correctly here..lol
          I typed it correctly, I just put what you said in clear terms. Its a good win, but its not a good win for him.

The fact is that a win over Marg isn't a win over Manny or Mayweather fight, but don't act like it isn't a huge win for him. Each fighter has their version of "huge wins" this one is huge for Cotto, whether or not Marg's is washed up.

Comment

Excuseme!!Excuseme... what? no a good victory for Cotto????what ???are you okey ...if Cotto beats Margacheato is a great victory and he is going to prove that Margacheato is a cheater and a coward

Comment

like i said. the posters on this site are incredibly predictable. this news was posted 4 hours phantom's thread on the subject, and it has just as many pages as the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by mdportorock3 View Post
                Yo are out of your damn mind little boy. I'm pretty sure that you were one of the little girls claiming that Cotto is shot. All of a sudden, if cotto wins, it's no longer a good win?

Exactly.the bailout is that marg is shot.neither one is at the level as the first fight.

Comment

why are the marg lovers crying for then...................lol

Comment

LOL Funny Ricans.

Calling Cotto a straight up G and shit. If he was a straight G, he wouldn't of fought Mayorga and instead went up against someone like Angulo, Williams and other type caliber fighter.

But anyways, I can't wait for this fight. It's pre July 26 2008 all over again with the nationalistic Cotto fanatics.

Comment

Originally posted by andyp513 View Post
                      Exactly.the bailout is that marg is shot.neither one is at the level as the first fight.
                      only someone who is blind will think marg is a good fighter..they both have declined yeah,but like i said this fight is just a personal thing for both,nothing more...not like a big win over a top fighter for either one..

Comment

Working...
                      X