No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Oscar vs Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hasha View Post
    Yeah you said he ducked Margarito but you sugar-coated it by saying that crap about high risk low reward.
    Saying that Floyd ducked Margarito plain and simple is not sugar-coating it.

You insinuated, actually I think you straight out said it. That if Floyd ducked Margarito then he would duck Oscar.

I explained the same thing in 2 different ways hoping you would get why he would have always fought Oscar and not Margarito. But, your reading comprehensions fails you time and time again.

It's simple either you're smart enough to get it or too stupid to understand it.

As for Cotto you dumb****...he took Mayweather's name in the post-fight interview vs Mosley, when nothing was even determined so stfu about Gomez and Mayorga. And again, when Floyd was asked about fighting Cotto, all he said was, "Cotto is one hell of a fighter." On other occasions he blamed Arum and how Cotto "needs to build a fan base." If that to you isn't ducking, then you're ****ed or are on Mayweather's nuts.
    Yea he said that after Mosley then a month later, days after after Floyd-Hatton he's in talks for a Clottey fight. Never reaching out to Floyd. Anybody can sell wolf tickets. What you say in front of a camera means nothing if you don't do what you have to do behind the scenes to make it happen. Aaron Pryor is a perfect example. I guess you're one of the few idiots who believe SRL ducked Pryor because Pryor interrupted SRL press conference and said how much he wanted to fight SRL.

And it's not about me having hatred for Floyd, I'm a boxing fan, not a nuthugger of any particular boxer, because I've backed up Floyd countless times with regards to his fight with Pacquiao and why it isn't happening.
    If it's not about your hatred for Floyd. Then it has to be that you haven't been a boxing fan long enough.

What I'm sensing is that it has to do with your hatred for Oscar and how he whooped your boy Tito. You were probably shedding tears when he was putting on a clinic against him, and right before the score was announced you were contemplating suicide. Then when tito got that gift decision, you had a new outlook on life.
    Weird, B-Hop whooped my boy and I respect the hell out of B-Hop. Mainly because he whooped my boy So I was force to respect him.

I don't think Oscar whooped my boy. I had Tito winning, maybe in the minority but I don't think there was any "whoopin", "robbery" or "gift decisions" in that fight. And, some credible people agree with me.

My hatred towards Oscar has nothing to do with Tito...Well maybe a little because he started running for his life in one of the most over hyped fights that didn't come close to living up to the hype.

You're real stupidity lies in your thinking that a prime Oscar couldn't carry Floyd's jockstrap. You claim I only talk about Oscar's stamina when the fact is that a prime Oscar would do everything better then the Oscar that faced Floyd.
    I didn't you talked about Oscar stamina, you talked about Oscar stamina. Yes I agree that a prime Oscar could do everything better than then one that faced Floyd. And, what's your point?

Because, my point still stands that a prime Floyd could do everything better than what a prime Oscar could do....Much better.

And, I will repeat it just to make it clear that a prime Oscar couldn't carry a prime Floyd jockstrap.

Comment

I agree with the OP, and really this argument separates the real boxing fans from the casuals.

I also think its' hilarious how people always refer to Oscar's "great jab" and say that's the key to beat Floyd, believe me a freakin' jab is not the answer to beat Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
        a lightweight calling out welterweight doesnt mean ducking. you guys are the biggest IDIOT saying Oscar duck FLoyd back in 2003. bunch of boxers has been calling out Pac but does that mean Pac ducked those guys who wanted to fight him specially 2 division apart? we all know floyd would DUCK a PRIME Oscar if they were in the same welterweight division. common sense guys. its been proven..its a FACT..
        No one in this thread said that Oscar ducked Floyd back in 03'.

So what are you talking about?

And, common sense is that Floyd wouldn't have ducked Oscar, It's been proven. it's a FACT.

Because, -besides Winky- who turns down Oscar?

Comment

Yeah it was like 9-3 8-4 last time I watched. Not even debatable.

Comment

I really don't see how Oscar won the 12th.

Comment

I haven't seen this fight since it aired, just wasn't inclined enough to watch it twice. As far as I remember, and forgive me if my memory doesn't serve me correctly...but Floyd landed the cleaner shots, and did what he was supposed to. Oscar on the other hand, too flat footed, too slow, too wide, not enough pressure, when he did pressure he was ineffective. Oscar, as far as I remember, produced a decent amount of volume but his punches looked soft and unflinching. To imagine this fight sold 2.4 (right?), smh.

Comment

Actually filling up a weight class could have something to do with prime depending on a fighter and his circumstances.
                OK?

That's why you're example of Floyd is null,
                How so?

because while it may not relate to his prime, it does relate to Oscar's.
                In what way? Is there a reason why it only relates to Oscar and not Floyd? Any logical reason?

Of course, you're the idiot who believes DLH was already in his prime by his first fight at 147,
                Yes I do believe. You still haven't shown anything that indicates he wasn't.

when in reality he didn't even know what to expect at that weight.
                And? What does that mean? So every time a fighter moves up in weight he isn't prime anymore because he doesn't know what to expect? Is that the logic for determining prime?

The truth is he was in his prime by the time he fought Tito
                Yes, he was. No one is saying different.

based on a few simple things. He was physically in the same great shape if not better than when he fought Whitaker, and he had more experience (wins) under his belt: key ingredients in determining prime.
                But, none of that means that he wasn't prime when he fought Whitaker. Because, he already had divisional titles, WINS against HOF'ers, title holders, top prime contenders, P4P level fighters. All that falls under experience no? So how was he not prime when he fought Whitaker again?

And again you mention Oscar's stamina, when in fact a prime Oscar would do everything better than the '07 Oscar: speed, power, footwork, reflexes, etc. (see, I'm not just talking about his stamina.) And I mentioned this before so reading comprehension may not be your forte.
                So what's your argument here? That a prime Oscar could beat a faded version of Oscar? if so, I agree. Yes he would.

My argument is that a prime Floyd would beat a prime Oscar. Anything Oscar could do Floyd could do it much better.

And it's known that Oscar didn't prepare himself fully for the first Mosley fight (I thought everyone knew that.) He was busy with his music career if you didn't know. And that is exactly why he clowned with Mosley in their 2nd fight but was robbed sadly, like against tito.
                Right he wasn't focus in the first Mosley fight. Yea that is what it was right. And, yea he sure did clown Mosley in the rematch...Did you even watch the fight? Either you didn't and just going by myth or you do not know how to use the "clown" when it comes to describing what happened in a fight.

The only thing time you proved me wrong was when Mayweather did indeed challenge Oscar and I took back what I said in that regard. In everything else, your counter arguments consisted of neglecting points you couldn't refute, and just plain ignorance. Don't believe me? Go read our little debate from the start, but then again, you would probably take the same approach. And quite honestly, I've wasted enough time with you. From here on out I'm not going to bother with that crap you have to write regarding this topic. So you can go **** yourself.
                Of course you not. Because, you can't lets be real...So bowing out now to save face would be the smartest thing you have done in this thread so far.

LOL @ me neglecting points I couldn't refute...You haven't made any points everything you have said. i have refuted. So yea maybe you're the one that needs to back and re-read this thread.

Btw, I did a little poll about Oscar's prime. The two choices were: vs Whitaker, or Trinidad. The result: 15-4 for Trinidad. I already know what you might say tho. Either you'll say in a sarcastic tone, "Oh Wow! what a large number of participants you had, enough to come to a conclusion." Or you might take the stance that the 15 that voted for Trinidad don't know jack about boxing and the 4 are boxing gurus. Again I don't want to bother with you anymore so I don't care what you say. Just thought I might fill you in.
                So 15 people think Oscar was in his prime for Tito? Yea I agree with that.

And, 4 people think Oscar was in his prime for Whitaker? Yea I agree with that.

So basically you made a poll where both answers were the correct answer...Good Job

Last edited by jrosales13; 08-05-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  I really don't see how Oscar won the 12th.
                  Well he did say that it was a "pitty round" maybe because Oscar landed a solid shot after both threw a flurry right at the end of that round.

But, I personally scored that round for Floyd. I thought Floyd had a clean sweep after the 8th round.

Comment

jrosales dropping ether in here

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Well he did say that it was a "pitty round" maybe because Oscar landed a solid shot after both threw a flurry right at the end of that round.

But, I personally scored that round for Floyd. I thought Floyd had a clean sweep after the 8th round.
                      Thats literally all he did that round, Floyd clearly won that round.

Comment

Working...
                      X