6. Mayweather
    7. Oscar
    8. Mayweather
    9. Mayweather
    10. Mayweather
    11. Mayweather
    12. Oscar (pity round).

117-111.

Floyd was dominant with his jab all night, and controlled the 2:30 of every round, and Oscar would throw a mostly ineffective flurry every now and then (occasionally landing a good clean shot).

Anyone that scored this fight for Oscar needs a lesson on judging 101.
    Last edited by deliveryman; 08-05-2011, 12:31 AM.

Oscar won rounds but didn't take enough risks to win.

Comment

Of course it wasn't close. Not sure why people try to act as if it was.

Comment

Casual fans who watched the fight that night probably had scored it for Oscar simply because of how ridiculously one side the commentating was that night in favor of Oscar. They probably got caught up in all the talk hype.

Comment

9 rounds to 3 Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Tiger View Post
            Casual fans who watched the fight that night probably had scored it for Oscar simply because of how ridiculously one side the commentating was that night in favor of Oscar. They probably got caught up in all the talk hype.
            yep

casual fans don't know s.h.i.t about boxing

Comment

People kept raving about Oscar's jab, I thought Floyd's jab was the unsung hero of this fight, it just kept Oscar at bay every time he would try to get close.

Comment

It was an easy Floyd UD, where he took no damage at all and was able to land at will and get out of the way when he needed to, boring fight also.

Comment

Oscar looked reasonably decent in the early rounds. As the fight moved into the middle rounds Oscar stopped using his jab. Once that happened, he had nothing to set up the left hook and gone was his best chance at winning. As well, Oscar always tires toward the later rounds of the fight. Floyd's movement and the right hand between Oscar's gloves was simply too much.

Comment

I haven't rewatched this fight since the night it happened and I was cheering for Oscar. Coward duck wifebeater taxed his ass...

Comment

Working...
                    X