Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i scored it 9-3 Mayweather wide UD

Comment

Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
      a lightweight calling out welterweight doesnt mean ducking. you guys are the biggest IDIOT saying Oscar duck FLoyd back in 2003. bunch of boxers has been calling out Pac but does that mean Pac ducked those guys who wanted to fight him specially 2 division apart? we all know floyd would DUCK a PRIME Oscar if they were in the same welterweight division. common sense guys. its been proven..its a FACT..
      How is this a fact? Floyd tried to fight SHnae and ODH back in the day but they ignored him.

Comment

Mayweather did beat Oscar by a wide margin. It was wide on the scorecards but closer in the ring, it was one of those fights.

Comment

LOL. Jro owns the internet.

Hasha forgot what his original argument was.

Hasha - "Floyd ducked Oscar.. prove me wrong"

Jro - "Article from 2003 where Floyd calls Oscar out"

Hasha - "uh.... well... MARGARITO!!!"

Comedy.

Comment

I heard this fight live on radio, and to be fair to Floyd, the commentators were making it sound as if Floyd was controlling the fight pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              No ****, smart one. So when I said "Floyd ducked Margarito plain and simple" WTF did you think I meant?

Yes Cotto went on air and said that when he was already signing Gomez and scheduling his next fight with Mayorga. Yep, those words have a lot weight to them.

I'm getting the feeling that this is not even about Oscar anymore. Because, it's pretty clear you didn't follow Oscar career. This has more to do with the hate you have for Floyd. Which is cool, I can dig it. I'm not a Floyd fan at all. But, he didn't duck Cotto, he did duck Marg. And, yes a duck is a duck and he ducked Marg. And, Oscar couldn't carry Floyd jockstrap.
              Yeah you said he ducked Margarito but you sugar-coated it by saying that crap about high risk low reward.

As for Cotto you dumb****...he took Mayweather's name in the post-fight interview vs Mosley, when nothing was even determined so stfu about Gomez and Mayorga. And again, when Floyd was asked about fighting Cotto, all he said was, "Cotto is one hell of a fighter." On other occasions he blamed Arum and how Cotto "needs to build a fan base." If that to you isn't ducking, then you're ****ed or are on Mayweather's nuts.

And it's not about me having hatred for Floyd, I'm a boxing fan, not a nuthugger of any particular boxer, because I've backed up Floyd countless times with regards to his fight with Pacquiao and why it isn't happening.

What I'm sensing is that it has to do with your hatred for Oscar and how he whooped your boy Tito. You were probably shedding tears when he was putting on a clinic against him, and right before the score was announced you were contemplating suicide. Then when tito got that gift decision, you had a new outlook on life.

You're real stupidity lies in your thinking that a prime Oscar couldn't carry Floyd's jockstrap. You claim I only talk about Oscar's stamina when the fact is that a prime Oscar would do everything better then the Oscar that faced Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Tiger View Post
                Casual fans who watched the fight that night probably had scored it for Oscar simply because of how ridiculously one side the commentating was that night in favor of Oscar. They probably got caught up in all the talk hype.
                2 days ago I told a guy I was a boxing fan, and he said last fight he watched he saw Floyd Mayweather run from DLH. Then he said he watched Mayweather run from DLH the whole fight and then win and he was shaking his head about it. I just laughed and said so I take it you're not a boxing fan and he of course said no.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  I heard this fight live on radio, and to be fair to Floyd, the commentators were making it sound as if Floyd was controlling the fight pretty good.
                  thats b.c he was and the commentators made it sound like oscar was really in the fight when he wasnt

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Tiger View Post
                    Casual fans who watched the fight that night probably had scored it for Oscar simply because of how ridiculously one side the commentating was that night in favor of Oscar. They probably got caught up in all the talk hype.
                    I always try to rewatch fights without the sound on. Makes a big difference

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Of course different fighters reach their prime at different stages. And, age doesn't determine prime. Obviously you didn't get the Floyd example. Basically what I'm saying is that filling up in a weight-class has nothing to do with prime as you suggested in your previous post.

I actually did mention something about your examples. I said for every lame example you give me about Oscar stamina. I can give you one about his lack of stamina.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit?

And, LOL Oh so now Oscar was unprepared for Mosley. That's what happen...I see
                      Actually filling up a weight class could have something to do with prime depending on a fighter and his circumstances. That's why you're example of Floyd is null, because while it may not relate to his prime, it does relate to Oscar's. Of course, you're the idiot who believes DLH was already in his prime by his first fight at 147, when in reality he didn't even know what to expect at that weight. The truth is he was in his prime by the time he fought Tito based on a few simple things. He was physically in the same great shape if not better than when he fought Whitaker, and he had more experience (wins) under his belt: key ingredients in determining prime.

And again you mention Oscar's stamina, when in fact a prime Oscar would do everything better than the '07 Oscar: speed, power, footwork, reflexes, etc. (see, I'm not just talking about his stamina.) And I mentioned this before so reading comprehension may not be your forte.

And it's known that Oscar didn't prepare himself fully for the first Mosley fight (I thought everyone knew that.) He was busy with his music career if you didn't know. And that is exactly why he clowned with Mosley in their 2nd fight but was robbed sadly, like against tito.

The only thing time you proved me wrong was when Mayweather did indeed challenge Oscar and I took back what I said in that regard. In everything else, your counter arguments consisted of neglecting points you couldn't refute, and just plain ignorance. Don't believe me? Go read our little debate from the start, but then again, you would probably take the same approach. And quite honestly, I've wasted enough time with you. From here on out I'm not going to bother with that crap you have to write regarding this topic. So you can go **** yourself.

Btw, I did a little poll about Oscar's prime. The two choices were: vs Whitaker, or Trinidad. The result: 15-4 for Trinidad. I already know what you might say tho. Either you'll say in a sarcastic tone, "Oh Wow! what a large number of participants you had, enough to come to a conclusion." Or you might take the stance that the 15 that voted for Trinidad don't know jack about boxing and the 4 are boxing gurus. Again I don't want to bother with you anymore so I don't care what you say. Just thought I might fill you in.

Comment

Working...
                      X