Pacquiao more accurate puncher than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That isn't very scientific because averages don't work like that~

Comment

• Jabs dont count lol, All time great thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        That isn't very scientific because averages don't work like that~
        Thats is exactly how they work.

I used the mean average for their past six fights. That is adding up their connect percentage for each fight and dividing it by 6.

And the proof was in the pudding last night, it is clear who is the more accurate puncher now.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Thats is exactly how they work.

I used the mean average for their past six fights. That is adding up their connect percentage for each fight and dividing it by 6.

And the proof was in the pudding last night, it is clear who is the more accurate puncher now.
          You really want a math lesson don't you~

That is not their actual average for punches landed, it is a flawed statistic.

For example not looking at the real numbers just using some basic ones

Say a guy lands 70%, 30% and 50%

He land 70% out of 200 (like in an early knock out)

30% out of 1200 (like in a fight where he outworked another guy)

And then land 50% out of 750 (like in a fight where he landed well but had his output limited)

You are saying that guy lands 50%

140+360+375=875
          200+1200+750=2150

Now I should not have to go on because even a simpleton should realize 875 isn't half of 2150 but I will go on~

875/2150= .407 or 41% if you want to be nice with rounding~
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-06-2012, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• and your point is? do you want a medal ? who cares

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              You really want a math lesson don't you~

That is not their actual average for punches landed, it is a flawed statistic.

For example not looking at the real numbers just using some basic ones

Say a guy lands 70%, 30% and 50%

He land 70% out of 200 (like in an early knock out)

30% out of 1200 (like in a fight where he outworked another guy)

And then land 50% out of 750 (like in a fight where he landed well but had his output limited)

You are saying that guy lands 50%

140+360+375=875
              200+1200+750=2150

Now I should not have to go on because even a simpleton should realize 875 isn't half of 2150 but I will go on~

875/2150= .407 or 41% if you want to be nice with rounding~

So you would penalise I guy for KOing someone, and reward someone for picking some off in the latter round when their opponent can hardly hold their guard up.

Let me guess you never made this point for that statisic about Floyd' +/- connects numbers.

I wonder why?

Pacquiao is much the more accurate puncher. Cotto agrees

Comment

• Originally posted by stilltharow View Post
                and your point is? do you want a medal ? who cares
                The point is Pacquiao is the more accurate puncher, but some believe Floyd is some kind of sharp shooting genius that hardly misses and Pacquiao just throws loads of punches and a few land.

Dispelling the myths.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  So you would penalise I guy for KOing someone, and reward someone for picking some off in the latter round when their opponent can hardly hold their guard up.

Let me guess you never made this point for that statisic about Floyd' +/- connects numbers.

I wonder why?

Pacquiao is much the more accurate puncher. Cotto agrees
                  I didn't make this thread~ I didn't bump this thread. I don't really use +/- as any sort of basis of anything.

This is about accuracy overall, total numbers matter because the larger the sample the more telling the numbers~

I like my stats to be based on reality, not wishful thinking.

Comment

• Talk about your own thread backfiring on you.

I don't blame them, these hardcore fanboys don't know any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
                      Talk about your own thread backfiring on you.

I don't blame them, these hardcore fanboys don't know any better.

It didn't backfire, I knew that "the myth" of Floyd's accuracy compared to Pacquiao's existed and I knew people heard it many time without actually looking at the figures or even taking not how each fighter fights.

I knew most people would find it difficult to shift their beliefs especially when I'm telling them the opposite of what they have been told.

But I knew that Mayweather would accuracy would come down a lot las night and maybe then some more people could see the truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X