Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arguments over who is a better fan is stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      I didn't say you have to like one style to be a fan. What I said is floyd fans appreciate all the aspects of boxing because in a floyd fight you get to see them on display.

Its like the difference between Lebron and Kobe. Lebron will make athletic plays that no one else can make. He is exciting to watch. Kobe is fundamentally sound and smart, an expert in the nuances of the sport. Its not as flashy or exciting anymore. But real fans of the sport appreciate it. You may disagree.

Same as baseball. Junkies love the 1-0 game or a no hitter. Casual fans bemoan the lack of hits or home runs.
      Real fans don't necessary have to like that style. Liking Floyd Mayweather doesn't make you a real fan.

You don't have to like Rios or even a Margarito to be a real fan. Because they're were not just exciting. They had subtle skills and if you didn't notice are appreciate them. That doesn't make you a real fan.

JCC and even Lamotta get labeled as just come forward brawlers. But, they had good skills, subtle skills, especially on the inside with their defense and how they rolled with punches and attacked the body.

If you appreciate that and not appreciate Floyd doesn't mean you're a real fan. And, if you appreciate Floyd and don't appreciate the other aspect doesn't mean that you're a real.

Real fans follow the sport as a whole. Casual fans only follow a particular fighter. And, Mayweather has a boat load of those. If your whole agenda is up Floyd and downplay Pac or up Pac and downplay Floyd then I doubt you're a real fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alibata View Post
        And how did you come to this conclusion? Is it because you are a Floyd fan?
        I find it hard to believe that Floyd fans are boxing fans since they seem to hate anyone that disagrees with Floyd. This Includes some atg fighters who have spoke in favor of Manny or those he claims to be greater than. Those ain't boxing fans. They are Floyd yes men.
        No. Its just in many debates I have with manny fans (yes floyd fans as well) suggest they are not concerned with technical aspects. Its not every or all manny fans and of course some floyd fans are the same.

I think its reasonable to disagree with the "floyds a chicken or ducker" posters very easily.
        And I think it rerasonable for adults to disagree with other adults. Marvin Hagler is my favorite fighter of all time. I believe he was wrong about what he said about floyd and PED testing to make this fight. I mean isn't it rerasonable for an adult to form their own opinion.

Comment

• a little late on current events...so what did PAC get exposed for now?

Comment

• Bob Arum's henchmen gave Mr. Marley a little house call....

I hope they weren't to hard on em...

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Real fans don't necessary have to like that style. Liking Floyd Mayweather doesn't make you a real fan.

You don't have to like Rios or even a Margarito to be a real fan. Because they're were not just exciting. They had subtle skills and if you didn't notice are appreciate them. That doesn't make you a real fan.

JCC and even Lamotta get labeled as just come forward brawlers. But, they had good skills, subtle skills, especially on the inside with their defense and how they rolled with punches and attacked the body.

If you appreciate that and not appreciate Floyd doesn't mean you're a real fan. And, if you appreciate Floyd and don't appreciate the other aspect doesn't mean that you're a real.

Real fans follow the sport as a whole. Casual fans only follow a particular fighter. And, Mayweather has a boat load of those. If your whole agenda is up Floyd and downplay Pac or up Pac and downplay Floyd then I doubt you're a real fan.
              If your whole agenda is up Floyd and downplay Pac or up Pac and downplay Floyd then I doubt you're a real fan.

I have no agenda just an opinion. Real fans appreciate the sport not just the violence of a KO or a wild brawl IMO. They understand the courage to step in the ring and respect it no matter what form it takes. IMO.

Comment

If your whole agenda is up Floyd and downplay Pac or up Pac and downplay Floyd then I doubt you're a real fan.

I have no agenda just an opinion. Real fans appreciate the sport not just the violence of a KO or a wild brawl IMO. They understand the courage to step in the ring and respect it no matter what form it takes. IMO.

Dunn, that's so cliche bro...i've been watching the sport for over 20yrs and i know what i like...i dont have to like EVERYthing in the sport

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  Dunn, that's so cliche bro...i've been watching the sport for over 20yrs and i know what i like...i dont have to like EVERYthing in the sport
                  Mak true. But you appreciate and respect all of it. Thats the difference.

Comment

Mak true. But you appreciate and respect all of it. Thats the difference.
                    That's fine. But, by your logic most Floyd fans are not true. Because, most Floyd fans don't respect or appreciate all of it.

Comment

• so where is this article? it's been a day right?

Comment

Working...
                      X