Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Williams Perfect For Cotto or Dzinziriuk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    He beats both of them.
    he has a shot against Cotto, but not Dzinziriuk.

Comment

I think at this point Cotto would flattened Williams just by how much Williams gets hit and Cotto can still hurt and drop a fighter AND I think even Dzinziriuk can beat him as well. Paul is done by the looks of it. He is already talking about retirement and his trainer Peterson said there is no reason to change Paul's style up. That is a recipe of disaster from here on out.

Comment

i only say Paul has a shot against Cotto because i am not convinced that Cotto is as strong as i'd like to think @ 154. Mayorga did not have the skill set to test Cotto, but there were still some close moments in that bout, and to think of how Williams loves to get in close, it's hard to say that Cotto's counters would be enough to hurt Williams. i would like to see this fight though. Dzinziriuk can move, especially @ 154, and his shots are nice and straight. his jab is superb, and i think he can control Paul. He's seems like a fighter who can adjust, so i think Williams would have a problem with him. Williams does not look like a threat anymore. you take that accidental headbutt away from the Lara fight and he had nothing on Lara. and Lara just had to backpedal and set up shop again. I can see Cotto and Dzinziriuk being able to find ways of avoiding the pitter patter attack of Williams. question is does Cotto have the power to hurt Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
          Cotto has no chance of stopping him. I didn't think so before Saturday's fight, and still don't after seeing that while PW may have lost a little he hasn't lost his chin or will to fight. Cotto fought and got pounded by the worse version of PW in Chetto. PW is just a taller, faster, more active Chetto.

I dont agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint650 View Post
            i only say Paul has a shot against Cotto because i am not convinced that Cotto is as strong as i'd like to think @ 154. Mayorga did not have the skill set to test Cotto, but there were still some close moments in that bout, and to think of how Williams loves to get in close, it's hard to say that Cotto's counters would be enough to hurt Williams. i would like to see this fight though. Dzinziriuk can move, especially @ 154, and his shots are nice and straight. his jab is superb, and i think he can control Paul. He's seems like a fighter who can adjust, so i think Williams would have a problem with him. Williams does not look like a threat anymore. you take that accidental headbutt away from the Lara fight and he had nothing on Lara. and Lara just had to backpedal and set up shop again. I can see Cotto and Dzinziriuk being able to find ways of avoiding the pitter patter attack of Williams. question is does Cotto have the power to hurt Paul?
            Lara stunned Williams several times, Cotto's shots would break him in half by comparison. Cotto is strong at the weight.

Comment

And would Williams not hurt Cotto?

Really?

Comment

Working...
              X