Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Williams Perfect For Cotto or Dzinziriuk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    He beats both of them.
    based on what? the arm slpas he threw yesterday or the battering he took against a green fighter whose last fight was controversial?

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      Cotto beats Williams easily at this moment, he just needs to watch Williams - Martinez II and Williams - Lara and he'll get the blueprint to beat him.
      Yeah, and fight southpaw all night? And also grow a few inches in height and reach, and somehow increase his handspeed to match that of Lara and Martinez.

Sounds pretty easy to me.

Comment

If this fight happens, which it wouldn't because Arum wouldn't put Cotto any where near even a "shot" Paul Williams, I would like to see how many of you would actually still be talking all that Cotto beats the crap pout of Williams.

Comment

Miguel Cotto is freakin 5 7 with a reach closer to Raptor Arms Ricky Hatton than any one else, handspeed that couldn't even phase the Tijuana Snail Antonio Margarito, the defense of some one who has a death wish, and an orthodox stance.

Quintana is 5 10, Martinez is 5 11, Lara is 5 9, all three are southpaws, Lara and Martinez have really fast handspeed, Lara and Martinez have a lot of movement.

It's just, wow, at people thinking because those 3 beat Williams that Cotto would beat Williams too. Ridiculous. But this IS the one and only Boxingscene.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Yeah, and fight southpaw all night? And also grow a few inches in height and reach, and somehow increase his handspeed to match that of Lara and Martinez.

Sounds pretty easy to me.
            It's not only about being southpaw, yeah Williams has problems with southpaws but an orthodox can take advantage of Williams weaknesses by having good footwork and taking lateral steps to hit Williams when he leaves himself open for counter attacks.

About the height, I don't get your point at all, Lara and Martinez were a lot smaller than Williams, that's not really a problem when fighting against him because he gets the fight into the short distance. If we were talking about a jabbing Williams that could effectively use his size then height could really make a difference, but with the style that Williams has I don't see how size could be a big issue.

Handspeed? With Paul is not about being lightning fast to get into his defense, but I think it's more about accuracy to land the shots to the right place. Williams has a terrible defense when he throws himself forward, so he leaves a lot of spaces for his rival to counter. IMO it's also more about timing, and studying Williams enough to realize when he's going to leave himself open to attacks. Paul already said that he's not going to change his style, so as I've said IMO handspeed could be a big issue if Cotto was slow as Margarito, but he's not.

Comment

i didnt see the fight but i think its time that judges handover a guide to the boxing public....its quite clear now that different mechanics are used to judge a fight.

In almost every 12 round fight the decisions are disputed...we need an official judging guideline.

Comment

Cotto wouldn't fight P-Will at Welterweight so he definitely ain't fighting him now Cotto is just to small P-Will has problems with slick southpaws Cotto presents no danger to P-Will he'll stand and trade with him all night long until he folds under pressure again

Comment

Cotto KO's Paul. Lara landed 100% of his left hooks.. You really think Paul could keep taking those from Cotto? Please. Paul seemed to have no power in the lara fight. The guy was just throwing sloppy punches with no balls behind them. Lara isn't even a superb, elite, experienced fighter like Cotto yet he handed Paul his ass. The guy gets KO'd

Comment

Williams needs to retire, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Middleweight king Sergio Martinez is siding with Erislandy Lara. Martinez scored Saturday's fight in favor of the Cuban boxer, with a final marker of 116-111. HBO had it scored 117-111 for Lara, but the three official judges saw a different outcome, and handed Paul "The Punisher" Williams a twelve round majority decision win. The official scores were 114-114, 115-114 and 116-114.

[Click Here To Read More]
                      the MW king is a REAL dude...P.Will can't beat Sergio...never did and never will imo

Comment

Working...
                      X