Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most Inspirational thing you have seen around boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines was defintley finding my Great Uncle on boxrec who passed away about 16 yrs ago plus he founded the gym I joined also my Granda's ( great uncles brother's ) scrap book who passed away long before I got into boxing as well .Most inspirational for me man defintley . I buried my Granda with my old man gutter he isn't around today .I'd have alot of boxing to catch up with man .He turned pro as well .He fought Don McTaggart but in his second fight got ko'd ( raging ) .Don McTaggart was 22 - 3 or something man he lost a decision in a 6 rd'r .Dick McTaggart is Scottish boxing's oldest legend .Olympic gold medalist .
    http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...2193&cat=boxer
    Last edited by alza1988; 06-23-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

This is good this inspirational
      Rocky Balboa Speech
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uASVz...&feature=share

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
        For me, it has to be..

Corrales vs Castillo (first fight obviously)

Yeah this fight immediately came to mind for me as well.

Also, for me is the guy in my avatar, Johnny McGinty. He was heavily criticized for giving black fighters an opportunity to fight at at time in America where blacks weren't allowed to fight whites. "Tucan" McGinty spoke up to say that a fighter was a fighter no matter what color he is. That along with the fact that he fought everyone that there was around to fight while having an amazing record makes him an inspiration to me. It is also why I am going to try to launch a movement to get him into the IBHOF that he certainly deserves.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=488960

Comment

The rumble in the jungle for me.

Ali had everyone saying he was shot and Foreman would destroy him but through it all he never gave up the belief that he could win. Even his corner didn't believe he could win.

The punishment he took was unbelievable, particularly the body shots. 90% of boxers today would have quit. This was a human being pushing his body and mind to its absolute limits. He had a game plan, stuck to it, and the rest is history.

A shining example that no matter what the obstacle never give up belief or hope.
          Last edited by *OG Wenger*; 06-23-2011, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Kassim Ouma as well

Comment

Chico getting up and taking care of his business against Castillo is my fav boxing moment of all-time...it doesn't get better than that...Gatti's comeback with one eye against Wilson Rodriguez and his fight with Patterson was just one of those goose bump moments for me....B.Hop's wins over Tito, Tarver, Pavlik and the 2 fights with Pascal were dope...Morales bangin' with Maidana recently was off the charts as well...ALOT of inspiring performances by inspiring athletes...thats why we love this sport...boxing is probably the most inspirational sport in the world

Comment

i saw an elephant fly

sorry, wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
                  It can be in or out of the ring. I want to know what you have seen, heard or did that has made you sit back and think wow! It doesnt have to be a sob story, even though there are a lot of sad events that inspire people - it can be anything you like.

Mine has to be The Thriller in Manilia!

Ali and Frazier poured their souls out, they could barely stand by the end and it was brilliant to see the respect they gave at the end. I dont think I have witness a fight where the fighters have showed more heart than that.

In more recent years (and I'm not saying it is on level with Ali vs Frazier) I really sat back and appreciated Froch KO'ing Taylor with 14 secs to go, that was pure fight and desire, he really dug deep.
                  out of the ring.......ali vs draft
                  inside the ring.....yes, the thrilla in manila

Comment

http://rosstraining.com/blog/2009/01...t-your-dreams/

Comment

Working...
                    X