Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most Inspirational thing you have seen around boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admire the way Montiel fought to maintain consciousness after getting caught with that vicious left hook from Donaire. He showed true a warrior's spirit when he staggered back to his feet, no one would have blamed him if he stayed down......

Comment

To be honest, Watching M Cotto raise from a ring assault that should of ended his carrier as it has in the past. Watching him fight his way back to be a champion while ducking no one.
      Win or loose, it was inspiring to watch a real warrior getting back on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
        To be honest, Watching M Cotto raise from a ring assault that should of ended his carrier as it has in the past. Watching him fight his way back to be a champion while ducking no one.
        Win or loose, it was inspiring to watch a real warrior getting back on his feet.
        Are you implying that Margarito cheated? Man get over it.

Comment

Arguello Pryor.................
          Duran barkley.................
          Coralles castillo 1.........................

Comment

Julio Cesar Chavez JR overcoming sanctioning bodies, a cowardly champion, ridiculous scoring and finally capturing the Middleweight championship of the world.

Comment

:'(

Part 2:

and also, it may not be in the same vein, but Khan getting KO'd by Prescott, and then signing to fight with an even bigger puncher at a higher weight got him lots of respect from me. Round 10 impressed me a lot
              Last edited by ts33; 06-23-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Peter McNeeley charging Mike Tyson.

Foolish, stupid and pointless.

But brave.

Comment

For me, it has to be..

Corrales vs Castillo (first fight obviously)

Last edited by p4p-champ; 06-23-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Erik Morales vs Manny Pacquiao I

Morales going southpaw and going to war with Pacquiao in the 12th round.

It was like he said, now that I have beaten you I am going to fight you in your own stance and show you up. Also I think he did it for the people to excite them. What a fight...what a performance! It was the signature win on a HOF career.

It is probably not the most inspiration thing I have seen, but I just had to mention it because it came to my mind.
                    Same for me, that fight made me a fan of Erik Morales and Manny Pacquiao. Both men tired, injured, bloodied, and exhausted stood in the middle of the ring in Round 12 just exchanging blows by blows. Erik Morales never backing out. Manny Pacquiao throwing punches like his whole life defended on it. It felt like they captured your heart and soul that you couldn't help but cheer them both on.

Morales giving his gloved hand out to Pacquiao at the end of Round 12. Pacquiao exhausted seemingly worried and confused to what the decision was going to be didn't see the gloved hand out. Morales running triumphantly to the corner of the ring. Pacquiao going to the other corner to pray for the decision he hopes to hear.

Those were the moments I remember vividly inside my head when I want to see a perfect match. It is the same feeling I get thinking about Israel Vazquez and Rafael Marquez. Two fighters who fought it out but didn't get more pubic exposure for it. However, because of boxers like them the lower weights blossomed and more people are now paying attention. Michael Carbajal, Marco Antonio Barrera, Manuel Marquez, and others like them made the lower divisions worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                      For me, it has to be..

Corrales vs Castillo (first fight obviously)

yeah, gotta be this, i dont know how corrales done it, truely amazing fight

Comment

Working...
                      X