Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most Inspirational thing you have seen around boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamza305 View Post
    2 things I think at this instance

1) Mike Tyson - how a man who was viewed by the media and cynics alike as a crazed madman who was psychotic and emotionless managed to turn his entire life around 180 degrees to one that's pretty much a lovable figure now2) Bernard Hopkins. His entire life story. Nuff said.
    That's a good observation. Tyson has really reinvented himself so much so, that he's working and making $$ outside of the ring and has become a cultural icon of sorts, lately.

Comment

The Tyson thing doesn't really surprise me. Ali was almost hated in his time, now he as gone on to be the most famous and revered boxer in the history of the world. A loud, outspoken black guy back in Ali's time was something white America just wasn't used to seeing. Tyson isn't going to ever be Ali status, but he is easily the 2nd most famous living boxer and he has really cleaned up his image.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        That's a good observation. Tyson has really reinvented himself so much so, that he's working and making $$ outside of the ring and has become a cultural icon of sorts, lately.
        I'm really happy Mike is being remembered for the good rather than the bad.

Then again, I do miss the 'I wonder what Tyson is going to do' feeling when he had a press conference, interview, or fight sceduled.

Comment

Goerge Chuvalo's fight against drugs and his perseverance after the loss of his sons.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I'm really happy Mike is being remembered for the good rather than the bad.

Then again, I do miss the 'I wonder what Tyson is going to do' feeling when he had a press conference, interview, or fight sceduled.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny#1ATG View Post
              The Tyson thing doesn't really surprise me. Ali was almost hated in his time, now he as gone on to be the most famous and revered boxer in the history of the world. A loud, outspoken black guy back in Ali's time was something white America just wasn't used to seeing. Tyson isn't going to ever be Ali status, but he is easily the 2nd most famous living boxer and he has really cleaned up his image.
              They're used to seeing it now but that doesn't stop them from being bothered by it.

Comment

i'd have to go with Hopkins entire life. he truly is the amercian story

Comment

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Quartey(Round 12)

DLH showed no matter how badly you're losing, you never lose hope. George Foreman said it best. "What a brave man Oscar De La Hoya is..."
                    Last edited by Las Vegas,; 06-23-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
                      De La Hoya vs. Quartey(Round 12)

DLH showed no matter how badly you're losing, you never lose hope. George Foreman said it best. "What a brave man Oscar De La Hoya is..."
                      Quartey showed me more in that round.

Comment

Working...
                      X