Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tarver: Carl Froch Will Beat Johnson, Maybe Ward Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

froch is good, but i do believe ward wins the supersix.

Comment

Johnson is my sleeper to win the whole thing, I think he KO's Froch and beats up Ward. 2011 is the year of the old guy.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
        Johnson is my sleeper to win the whole thing, I think he KO's Froch and beats up Ward. 2011 is the year of the old guy.
        KO's Froch??I doubt it..

Comment

i cant wait for this fight. (off topic)i think glen would have knock abe out though to much pressure and no rest after getting hit like ward froch gave him. about to watch they fights gain for i can make a true pick

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
            KO's Froch??I doubt it..

Lets say I think there is a good chance he is able to KO Froch. One reason I think this is possible is that these 168 pound champions will make the same mistake that Pascal made against Hopkins:

The logic goes something like:

This old guy was good in his time but there aint no way he beats me and definitely no way he can hurt me.

Problem with that logic is Johnson was beating/hurting high caliber fighters at 175 now at 168 his strengths are magnified

Reason two I think this a real possibility is that it sounds like Froch will try to stick and move as he did against King Arthur. He sees some similarities in the two guys but I see the differences. Johnson much straighter puncher, much smarter and far better movement/boxing skills than Arthur. e is also not going to clam up and take it like Arthur did.

Reason three, Johnson has that fire. For Johnson this fight is the championship he has sought after again and again, the recognition he has worked for so long to get and I really believe he is extra motivated by Hopkins 40 something win.

Im rooting for him although I do think Froch like Ward is also very capable of winning the entire tournament.

Comment

Working...
            X