Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would size(weight) be a big factor in Pacquiao-JMM III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think it is the weight difference per se, its that pac has proven he can fight at higher weights, while marquez hasn't.

weight difference as it is, i don't think there will be as much.

Comment

truth is marquez doesnt belong above 135 ever. not even in his prime.

fight night weights are different actual ones. he has to eat alot which henders his speed to stay at 144. at least getting to 135he cuts alot, is faster and just ballons back up in WATER. not food.

this figh should been at 140 the highest. 144 is just pure BS to me.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
        Of course weight is going to be an issue, its a reason why there are weight divisions in boxing. Idiots in here think that muscle weight vs fat weight vs water weight give you the same type of benefit. Hilarious.
        Again on the day of the weigh in, Marquez comes in at 135 and Manny is 141-142. Even at that it's just 7lbs and is Marquez that big of a pu$$y he can't give up 7lbs to an opponent....something that happens all the time in boxing.

Now Manny is 141-142 without cutting water weight so let's say he cut 3-4lbs of water weight, which isn't **** for a professional boxer to do.....that makes it only a 2-3lb difference between the fighters at most.

With all of that said, Marquez is challenging Manny not the other way around. I still can't figure out, other than just flaming/trolling/being a hater why anyone would think or expect Manny to come to Marquez. It makes no sense what so ever and that's just the way boxing works (Guy who holds to most power at the negotiation table having his opponent meet his demands).

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
          i dont think it is the weight difference per se, its that pac has proven he can fight at higher weights, while marquez hasn't.

weight difference as it is, i don't think there will be as much.
          Yeah plus Marquez whole approach will be different.

Against Floyd, the theme throughout there cap was for Marquez to gain weight because he was going up against a bigger fighter. Marquez kept saying he needed to put on more muscles etc.

Against Manny, I don't get that as him and Beristein keep harping on the fact that they are both the same size and he has Manny figured out.

Comparing this fight to the Mayweather fight, from a strategy perspective and how he will conduct his camp, is like comparing apples to oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            Again on the day of the weigh in, Marquez comes in at 135 and Manny is 141-142. Even at that it's just 7lbs and is Marquez that big of a pu$$y he can't give up 7lbs to an opponent....something that happens all the time in boxing.

Now Manny is 141-142 without cutting water weight so let's say he cut 3-4lbs of water weight, which isn't **** for a professional boxer to do.....that makes it only a 2-3lb difference between the fighters at most.

With all of that said, Marquez is challenging Manny not the other way around. I still can't figure out, other than just flaming/trolling/being a hater why anyone would think or expect Manny to come to Marquez. It makes no sense what so ever and that's just the way boxing works (Guy who holds to most power at the negotiation table having his opponent meet his demands).
            How much did Pacquiao weigh in at in his last 4 fights?

Comment

it's a matter of preparation. pac is a small WW but did he bloat himself against clottey, cotto or margarito? he was giving away 10-15lbs on average fight night.

jmm can do the same, he doesnt have to bloat himself. he can prepare himself properly just like pac did when fighting against bigger men. and PAC isnt' a much bigger man than JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                it's a matter of preparation. pac is a small WW but did he bloat himself against clottey, cotto or margarito? he was giving away 10-15lbs on average fight night.

jmm can do the same, he doesnt have to bloat himself. he can prepare himself properly just like pac did when fighting against bigger men. and PAC isnt' a much bigger man than JMM.
                Marquez has never really had the athletic ability to be successful in the much higher weight classes, he's more of a stationary counter puncher. Even if pinned against the same opposition Pacquiao has fought...he would fail. It's not really about preparation, Marquez's limit is 135.

Comment

then i hope you defend the fight between floyd and marquez as well. they are NOT the same size nor can they compete at the same weight class, therefore there is a weight difference...stop fooling yourself

Comment

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
                    Marquez has never really had the athletic ability to be successful in the much higher weight classes, he's more of a stationary counter puncher. Even if pinned against the same opposition Pacquiao has fought...he would fail. It's not really about preparation, Marquez's limit is 135.
                    you can try to believe that jmm's limit is 135. i tend to think a lil higher coz he rehydrates up near pac's weight fight night.

but let's be realistic here. pac could care less if a 3rd fight happens. jmm's the one begging here. he thinks he beat pac twice right? why would pac train uncomfortably and drain himself to 135?

Comment

so the plan should be for Marquez to show up at the weigh-in as a lightweight and for Manny to continue weighing within the welter-weight limits...awesome, I'm sold. LMAO

BTW, Manny is not going to weigh 141lbs, you know damn well he's going to take full advantage of that catch-weight limit.
                      Last edited by p4p-champ; 05-27-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X