Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This time next year, Joe Calzaghe won't be in the discussion for GOAT of 168lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
    Is it really that controversial? Or are you just angry? be honest, I'm just asking.
    Anyways yes that's no reason for Groves to fight Degale again. Is Froch ever gonna fight Dirrell again? Berto ever gonna fight Collazo again?Trinidad ever fight DLH again? Was DLH ever gonna fight Sweet pea again? Was Taylor ever going to fight Winky again? There's a reason either the boxer knows he lost or he knows he came out on top of a tough fight with a tough opponent and doesn't see why he should fight him again.
    Have you seen the fight or are you just talkin *****? DeGale won and Groves should be ashamed to duck the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      No reason to fight him again? A controversial decision is no reason for a rematch?
      The decision wasn't really controversial. It was close and could've gone either way.

The fans, TV, print media and even this site have acknowledged it as close but none have said it was a bad decision. I didn't even see any ****** 'omfg worst robbery eva' threads about it. There was zero controversy, and the only people trying to make it seem otherwise are DeGale and Warren.

At this point I'd rather see them both improve a bit more before facing each other again. A lot of people thought that the fight was happening too quickly, and the number of times that it seemed one of them didn't have the know-how to deal with something tricky/awkward/negative the other one was doing makes me think that might be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        But I thought I only like African American fighters?
        Yes Burner because you typed some random names down, Im now convinced.

You're a faaggot. A **** suking, hypocritical puussy ass *****. You have me on ignore yet you waited to bump this thread. You're desperate to get any little victory over me because you know I own your ass.

*** outta here

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          The decision wasn't really controversial. It was close and could've gone either way.

The fans, TV, print media and even this site have acknowledged it as close but none have said it was a bad decision. I didn't even see any ****** 'omfg worst robbery eva' threads about it. There was zero controversy, and the only people trying to make it seem otherwise are DeGale and Warren.

At this point I'd rather see them both improve a bit more before facing each other again. A lot of people thought that the fight was happening too quickly, and the number of times that it seemed one of them didn't have the know-how to deal with something tricky/awkward/negative the other one was doing makes me think that might be the case.
          Its controversial because a great number of people believed the wrong man got the decision.

I would call it a gift not a robbery. DeGale put himself into a position to lose the fight. I was disappointed by his performance but i thought he won by at least a couple of points.

Comment

Dude should had just left groves alone, degale would be ****** to rematch groves if he loses again his career comes to a major halt. Just move on fight about 10 bums, thinking the smw class is thin over there, but all and all stay away from groves and he might have a great career. Some boxers just have the other dudes number. Just like forrest and winky with mosley, they just had his number
            either way Groves has no reason to fight degale again, and it could hurt degale to fight groves again. Move on from the loss is what degale should do
            Is it really that controversial? Or are you just angry? be honest, I'm just asking.
            Anyways yes that's no reason for Groves to fight Degale again. Is Froch ever gonna fight Dirrell again? Berto ever gonna fight Collazo again?Trinidad ever fight DLH again? Was DLH ever gonna fight Sweet pea again? Was Taylor ever going to fight Winky again? There's a reason either the boxer knows he lost or he knows he came out on top of a tough fight with a tough opponent and doesn't see why he should fight him again.
            Have you seen the fight or are you just talkin *****? DeGale won and Groves should be ashamed to duck the rematch.
            I added my quotes to show you I never said I watched the fight I'm making a simple observation from what I have been reading. just saying degale should stay away cause if he loses again it hurts his career. just saying there is no point in groves giving degale a rematch if he feels he clearly won the fight. Your saying its controversial, I was actually asking if it really was or are you just mad, not being a **** just asking. Im not disagreeing or agreeing just making statements. and asking questions. your right groves is a ***** if he don't rematch, but I don't see the point, why give degale another shot, but what if he does and groves beats him again, then degale has to spend years building himself up again. if I was degale, learn from the loss and move.on
            Last edited by J Dubb II 330; 05-23-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Yes Burner because you typed some random names down, Im now convinced. You're a faaggot. A **** suking, hypocritical puussy ass *****. You have me on ignore yet you waited to bump this thread. You're desperate to get any little victory over me because you know I own your ass.

*** outta here
              Stop trolling. You just look dumb.

Thread history.

Comment

I added ny quotes to show you I never said I watched the fight I'm making a simple observation from what I have been reading. just saying degale should stay away cause if he loses again it hurts his career. just saying there is no point in groves giving degale a rematch if he feels he clearly won the fight. Your saying its controversial, I was acutely asking if it really was or are you just mad, not being a **** just asking. Im not disagreeing or agreeing just making statements. and asking questions. your right groves is a ***** if he don't rematch, but I don't see the point, why give degale another shot, but what if he does and groves beats him again, then degale has to spend years building himself up again. if I was degale, learn from the loss and move.on
                Why would you even comment on whether there should be a rematch or not when you havent seen the fight?

Anyway, like I said, this will have awoken the beast inside DeGale. I hope he gets a new trainer too. This might be the best thing to happen to him. He will knock Groves out in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Stop trolling. You just look dumb.

Thread history.
                  You look dumb talking ***** about me whilst having me on ignore!

Who does that?!!?!

Comment

Why would you even comment on whether there should be a rematch or not when you havent seen the fight?

Anyway, like I said, this will have awoken the beast inside DeGale. I hope he gets a new trainer too. This might be the best thing to happen to him. He will knock Groves out in a rematch.
                    just commenting, having a convo. just looking at a rematch from a basic stand point. a rematch for groves is lose/lose. if he wins, so what he already did, if he loses then the controversy of the first fight is bigger. With degale its win / lose. if he wins once again the first fight controversy looks bigger, but he will also have to give him a rubber match which goes into his lose situation, if degale loses again then his career comes to a hault. just my point of view from what I have read,etc. I will watch the fight, I have seen some degale highlights, kid looks like he has loads of talent, looks wild at times. maybe your right, maybe he has awoken, get a new trainer work on somethings and come back wrecking cats including groves. just like with Berto. I'm as big of a fan of his as you are degale. Losing to Ortiz was the best thing that has happened to him, he is humbled and should realize his flaws. Do I think he should fight Ortiz again, hell no, Ortiz is just better. he should go snatch zavecks belt and stay away from Ortiz maybe move up to light middle.

Comment

Forrest and Winky both dominated and clearly beat Mosley.

Groves has gotten 2 gift decisions. He'll be the one staying well away from DeGale.
                      What? You mustn't of seen many gift decision then. A real robbery is Whitaker vs Ramirez I or Whitaker vs Chavez. Groves deserved the nod. Boxing News ****zine and alot of posters on here also scored it for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X