Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams-Nobuhiro Ishida To Happen at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be the dumbest catchweight I've ever heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
      PWill ain't got the strength or physicality at MW he will b tough at WW and JMW but not MW too much weight and at MW he can't handle the power but he should pick a weight class for him self.. I honestly don't care about the CW as long as the two fighter's r OK with it CW has being there long before any of us were even born Idk why now it's a problem all of a sudden??? Maybe dumb idiots trying to hate on WAPAKMAN HAHAHA well should b a good fight cuz both r almost the same size..
      I always thought he should he should have stayed at 154. I remember when PW called out Hopkins at 170 then two days later called out Pac at 147.

Comment

Paul is still the one moving down in weight. Nobu has a 1 pound breathing room advantage. Paul still has to drop weight relative from his 160lbs.

However I do agree that if a fight is supposed to be a JR MW fight (meaning the "limit" is 154), it should be 148-154. MW is 155-160 with a 160lb limit).

Comment

Williams claimed he could still fight at WW, but needs a catchweight that's 1 pound above JMW? Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            In other words: Black man involved, it's ok.
            Nope. I dont subscibe to that line of thinking....but this is a "tune up" for PWill. I dont see the issue here, and Pwill is the one at a greater disadvantage in any case. He has to drop 5 pounds, his opponent nothing.

the only minor issue might be, PWill has stated that he can make 147 with no problem....so he can be accused of lying.
            Last edited by Great Afrikan; 05-17-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              98% of these posts are absolute trash.
              You mean your posts?

Comment

Winner vs Canelo...GBP never would let that happen...

Comment

Completely pointless catchweight, but the fight isn't for anything so it's not that important. As for the Williams hate, it's just kinda funny. People crush Floyd for not taking risks, and then crush Williams because he took a rematch with Martinez that he didn't have to take and got knocked out. Some consistency would be nice, but that's never going to happen. As for the fight itself if PW can't dominate this guy then he really is done.

Comment

who cares, its one pound and dude is coming off a crushing KO.

its not like its for some kind of title.

Comment

• Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
                      Completely pointless catchweight, but the fight isn't for anything so it's not that important. As for the Williams hate, it's just kinda funny. People crush Floyd for not taking risks, and then crush Williams because he took a rematch with Martinez that he didn't have to take and got knocked out. Some consistency would be nice, but that's never going to happen. As for the fight itself if PW can't dominate this guy then he really is done.
                      Did you expect anything else?

1 loss and a fighter is a fraud, shot, exposed...

Catchweight is a non-issue, I'd watch this.

Comment

Working...
                      X