No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams-Nobuhiro Ishida To Happen at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
    ^ and throw in fighting @ catchwweights which doesn't help the cause.

I know CW aren't really liked on this board, but IMO a lot of that has to do with Freddie Roach who was on the record in an article posted on boxingscene.com and quoted as saying that he wanted the 145 CW in the Cotto fight specifically to drain Cotto.

how is that something you can respect? using a tactic like that is downright cowardly

so maybe that's where all the "crying" about catchweight comes from. Especially if the only purpose it serves is to weight drain the opponent and give 1 guy an advantage.

and in the case of P-Will vs Ishida, Ishida's last fight was @ Middle .. why does the so called "most avoided boxer" even need an in between weight to fight him. Why doesn't he just take the fight at MW if he's so tough?

Well Williams even used a CW in the Sergio rematch, didn't work out so well for him that time. Again I don't see why he needs it

yeah Williams is kinda making a mockery of his whole "Welterweight to Middleweight" "Most avoided boxer" labels by taking fights @ catchweights (Sergio was at 158 and now Ishida at 155)

he should just man up and fight. The so called "most avoided" man in boxing shouldn't have to use CW's to gain an advantage
    2 catchweights by pac and all of a sudden catchweights never happened before....damn

Comment

Who cares if this fight is a catch weight. Many fighters do a catchweight after a long layoff. It's not a big deal.

Comment

Watch how *****s gonna defend williams.

Comment

Ishida has fought at 154 the last 3 years. Clowns.

Comment

98% of these posts are absolute trash.

Comment

unless paul decided to learn how to box and use some advantages that he has.he will get knocked out against anybody.that shot from martinez coupled with the way he hit the canvas was brutal. its boxing but that was brutal.there's no recovery from that.he better learned to box.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Ishida has fought at 154 the last 3 years. Clowns.
                Stand by your man. If he was as good as your ass claims to be he wouldn't need a damn catch weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Stand by your man. If he was as good as your ass claims to be he wouldn't need a damn catch weight.
                  Yeah because Paul sint good enough to beat the legendary Ishida.

Stop trolling bro. Ishida is a 154 pounder.

ONE POUND?

The catch weight makes no sense and hurts no one. I think peterson is just trying to literally keep him between 2 weights. Ishida and Paul can hit 154 with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Yeah because Paul sint good enough to beat the legendary Ishida.

Stop trolling bro. Ishida is a 154 pounder.

ONE POUND?

The catch weight makes no sense and hurts no one. I think peterson is just trying to literally keep him between 2 weights. Ishida and Paul can hit 154 with no issues.

He needs a catchweight vs Ishida. What does that tell you? Don't you Floyd stans always talk **** about Pac and his ****** ass catchweights?
                    So all you h ave to be is black to not get shit from you fools?

How do you know they can make it with no ISSUES? You on both camps?

So I'm trolling for speaking my mind on how much of a ***** move this is? Oh yea, I'm a Canelo fan but that doesn't stop me from calling him a bitch too for his ****** catchweights. Fail son!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      He needs a catchweight vs Ishida. What does that tell you? Don't you Floyd stans always talk **** about Pac and his ****** ass catchweights?
                      So all you h ave to be is black to not get shit from you fools?

How do you know they can make it with no ISSUES? You on both camps?

So I'm trolling for speaking my mind on how much of a ***** move this is? Oh yea, I'm a Canelo fan but that doesn't stop me from calling him a bitch too for his ****** catchweights. Fail son!
                      How old are you? This post screams "I just hit puberty and cant control my emotions".

Enlighten me, what does the mean about Paul regarding an Ishida bout. I want to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X