Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting: Froch OUTBOXED Abraham Like No One Did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who keep saying that nobody thinks that Dirrell was robbed and actually beat Froch in the UK, I have posted this before recently.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/po...s&pollid=21480
    Poll: Who Won The Fight Dirrell Or Froch?

Above is the poll from NSB here on Froch-Dirrell. Started the day after or so.

It has 220 to 73 or 69% to 23% in favor of Dirrell over Froch--done by your colleagues here.

QED

Comment

AA is a can at SMW...anyone can beat a heavybag. Great performance by Froch, Ward, and Dirrell against AA but it you can't beat a heavybag in a fight, you don't deserve to be in a boxing ring.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
        How does Froch with his ''limited'' boxing skills did a better job and took fewer punches from Abraham than each Ward and Dirrell did?
        I think this theard is all the way wrong...

Let me start by saying froch is not limited at all, he can throw a jab, move around the ring, throw combos etc. The only person that is limited is AA so what are you talking about? And out of all the boxers that boxed him the only two people I can compare is dirrell and froch because they both fought him the same way. Out of those two I'd give the edge to dirrell because he set the blue print on how to beat AA. Not only that he hit abraham with the harder shots that set him to the canvas. Not to take credit from froch, he was able to out box abraham all the way to the end because of his great conditioning and endurance. But who beat AA the worst??

Believe it or not...Ward beat AA the worst to me...imo he didnt have the long harms and height to box from a distance. He fought AA closer which he took more chances and took the fight to AA without trying to just win on points...Ward is very crafty and one hell of a boxer...He beat him the worst..AA even tried to fight back and just couldnt..

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez View Post
          I think this theard is all the way wrong...

Let me start by saying froch is not limited at all, he can throw a jab, move around the ring, throw combos etc. The only person that is limited is AA so what are you talking about? And out of all the boxers that boxed him the only two people I can compare is dirrell and froch because they both fought him the same way. Out of those two I'd give the edge to dirrell because he set the blue print on how to beat AA. Not only that he hit abraham with the harder shots that set him to the canvas. Not to take credit from froch, he was able to out box abraham all the way to the end because of his great conditioning and endurance. But who beat AA the worst??

Believe it or not...Ward beat AA the worst to me...imo he didnt have the long harms and height to box from a distance. He fought AA closer which he took more chances and took the fight to AA without trying to just win on points...Ward is very crafty and one hell of a boxer...He beat him the worst..AA even tried to fight back and just couldnt..
          Dude Ward was holding a lot more then Froch or Dirrell,Dirrell made the blue print but imo could not really follow up on it..He looked as if he wanted out of the fight,(there also should have been a KD for AA but was ruled a slip)he was throwing himself to the floor and looked dog tired..Froch went toe to toe with AA not clinching and just using his punches to keep AA defensive..I'll give you Ward is shorter then both Froch and Ward but he did not keep AA off with just his punching savvy,he did a lot of holding and grabbing when AA got close..Dirrell did a lot of running(which wore him out down the stretch)I would say Froch did the best out of the three,with Ward right behind him..Dirrell may have put out the blue print but he did not see it threw,he was weathering and looking like he wanted out of the fight imho..

Comment

Lol At anyone thinking that Durrell set the blueprint on how to beat an inactive shell defense righter. Especially vs a shorter slower guy that uses the shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              Lol At anyone thinking that Durrell set the blueprint on how to beat an inactive shell defense righter. Especially vs a shorter slower guy that uses the shell.
              Dirrell DID in fact set the blueprint to beat Abraham....Froch even acknowledges this by stating before his fight that he will beat him the same way Dirrell did.

Dirrell used jabs to keep Arthur in his shell and movement-the same technique that Froch had applied...the difference was the speed and power,but the idea was the same.

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                I did not compare Bika to Kessler,I compared Bika to AA and Green to Kessler without the chin(lol)..Dirrell lost that fight for not fighting,by no means was that a gift dude..Dirrell was ineffective and did nothing but hold all night and try his hardest to not engage..I like Ward I more these past two fights then I ever like him before..He showed balls in his fight with Bika and in this fight he was not as dirty as he usually is..But what I've also seen is he is hittable..Froch lands punches(I know Ward is a great defensive fighter)but Froch finds away to land..He has also been using his jab a lot more in his more recent fights,he will be a problem for Ward dude..Oh and I see him winning a UD or SD against Ward..
                Froch has used his jab more consistant in his LAST fight.His gameplan was to use the jab against Arthur to keep him in defense mode...it will be tough to land against Ward,and even if he does,the chances of landing clean are low.

I see Ward being able to hit Froch easily,while Froch struggles to touch Ward...I can't believe this many people think Froch is a tough boxing match for Ward.

Dirrell won that fight-he was more effective...watch it again and you will see why most people thought the same.Granted,Dirrell didn't fight very aggressive until the point was taken away-he still outboxed Froch whether it was eye pleasing fashion or not,I had Dirrell winning-as did most.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                  Dirrell DID in fact set the blueprint to beat Abraham....Froch even acknowledges this by stating before his fight that he will beat him the same way Dirrell did.

Dirrell used jabs to keep Arthur in his shell and movement-the same technique that Froch had applied...the difference was the speed and power,but the idea was the same.
                  the same technique that's been used against winky, clottey, etc, any good trainer knows how to beat that d when you have those types of advantages (not to mention volume)

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    the same technique that's been used against winky, clottey, etc, any good trainer knows how to beat that d when you have those types of advantages (not to mention volume)
                    Apparently there are a lot of crap trainers,because aside from Williams and Pac-nobody fought Winky or Clottey like that.

Truth be told,Froch never used volume to keep Arthur tucked away-he used power and his jab...in fact when you really look at it,it isn't even comparable to the fights you are mentioning.

Dirrell,as I stated before,laid out that blueprint-he won the fight with this tactic and as I mentioned earlier,Froch himself admits from taking the blueprint from Dirrell-why do you argue this? In fact,if Froch is lying to your standards-then who laid out the blueprint to beat the undefeated Abraham before Dirrell? lol

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
                      How does Froch with his ''limited'' boxing skills did a better job and took fewer punches from Abraham than each Ward and Dirrell did?
                      he took less risks, and when he did open up he punched with more power making abraham very hesitant to throw himself. it wasnt a case of having more skills but to execute a gameplan with the least amount of mistakes. froch really fought a masterpiece, his skills were impressive but his boxing IQ is what really allowed him to box so well.

and like mentioned ward and dirrell both took more risks, in addition to that ward fought the most motivated abraham and dirrell gassed which is when abe started landing consistantly.

Comment

Working...
                      X