Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting: Froch OUTBOXED Abraham Like No One Did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
    Froch was behind on the scorecards-and in a legit manner against a guy who notoriously fades.Backyard or not is NOT my point,the fact that Froch himself was getting beat by a Taylor who most people thought was spent,is embarrassing....

now get off Frochy's lap fa@@ot.
    Froch will be in for a very tough fight indeed with Johnson
    Taylor was not thought as spent when he fought Froch(that's a lie)Taylor fought to a draw with Pav at SMW and was coming off a win against Lacy..Not to mention was highly motivated having the fight in his backyard with his fans..That version of Taylor would have been hard for anyone at the weight to deal with..Froch finished Taylor's career tbh,he did not look like the same fighter in the AA fight as he did against Froch..His legs were way more skinny and his speed and combination punching were not there..

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
      Taylor was not thought as spent when he fought Froch(that's a lie)Taylor fought to a draw with Pav at SMW and was coming off a win against Lacy..Not to mention was highly motivated having the fight in his backyard with his fans..That version of Taylor would have been hard for anyone at the weight to deal with..Froch finished Taylor's career tbh,he did not look like the same fighter in the AA fight as he did against Froch..His legs were way more skinny and his speed and combination punching were not there..
      I agree with what you say, but didn't Pavlik beat Taylor by UD the second time they fought?.

Comment

WTF are you talking about???? Taylor LOST to Pavlik the second time around (keep up your lies) and beat an already exposed Jeff Lacy afterwards....in a fight where he got knocked down,but the ref didn't count it. Most people at the time believed Taylor's time at the top was over and everyone knew he had stamina issues-Pavlik was the begining of the end for Taylor.Froch only picked up Pav's leftovers.

If boxing was only 6 rounds,both Taylor and Judah would probably be the best...unfortunately there are 12 rounds-lol
        Last edited by damned1974; 05-15-2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I like Froch and most of the guys in the Super six,but let's be honest- Froch is a crude and akward slugger that discovered how to throw his jab for all 12 rounds (usually he abandons it halfway through).This is what makes him exciting.

Froch still has the same defensive flaws that he has always had-plain and simple.Maybe you would like to share where he has improved...because the last I checked,he still has the bad defense that he has always had.Now,again-I still like watching Froch fights,but Ward is on another level.If you cannot see this,you must not study the sport.

As for you complaining about Ward's opponents....I can't take that very serious.He isn't choosing his opponents-the tourney has done that.Don't be surprised when he takes this tourney...Froch will not be able to beat Ward,I can go on about why I say this in detail,and will if requested.

Last I checked,Taylor is a fighter who stands in front of you-not the brilliant movement that you mention.He keeps a jab in your face,but is more stationary than someone like a Dirrell or a Ward...In fact,if Taylor had a bit of foot movement in the Abraham fight,he would have had more success instead of standing in front of the big punchers he has faced.
          Part of Froch's stye is to keep his hands down to invite ya in to punch,but the problem here is he is always in a position to counter punch ya..Which is a big reason why Dirrell choose to run not fight Froch(on and hold and try to make love to him)I expect Ward to do a lot of holding against Froch..

Another level nah I don't think so bro,he might be faster and a bit more defensive then Froch I would agree with that..But another level nah I don't think so..A lot of fighters he has faced do not like banging on the inside(with the exception of bika)and that's were he loves to work..He was not able to work there last night and took a lot more punches then I'm use to seeing him take..Froch's jab is like a whip(Ward also has a very good jab)and Frochs height is a very big key to a fight with Ward,not to mention Froch can also fight on the inside..I don't see either fighter having a easy night,but Ward on another level then Froch I beg to differ..

I agree with you Taylor does not movement like Ward or Dirrell(esp Dirrell running azz)but his piston like jab is enough and he does move after throwing it..When Taylor get's tired is when he becomes more stationary,but for about 5 to 6 rds he is moving after catching you with that jab bro..Now I never said Ward pick his opponents but I'm pointing out a fact that all Wards opponents have been very similar and you can not deny this fact...It's also a fact that Froch's opponents have all had very different styles..Taylor Kessler Dirrell and AA all have different styles..Green Kessler(both boxer punchers)and Bika and AA(both slow plodder fighters)have all had the similar styles..Now Froch has to face another style in Johnson..This is a fact,but I thin it will serve Froch well when he faces Ward..

Comment

People are forgetting that Froch was embarrassingly behind on the scorecards against Jermain Taylor,who is less mobile than Ward.
            People also forget that he should have lost against Dirrell...

I think Froch/Ward will look something similar to the final few rounds of Froch/Dirrell....with Ward having an easy target for his fast hands.

Froch doesn't have the hand speed to even land his punches cleanly,and Froch hasn't got a stoppage since Taylor (similar to Abraham).I have respect for Froch,because he wants all the big fights and is a warrior,but he is getting outclassed...then of course,he needs to pass the Glen Johnson test first,which will not be an easy task.
            Thing is Froch, more than any other fighter I can think of in recent years barring perhaps Pac, has improved leaps and bounds in his last few fights, and got more quality rounds under his belt than most fighters get in a career. The difference in only three fights between the Froch that fought Taylor and the Froch that fought Abraham is pretty big and I expect him to raise his game even further when he fights Ward (Johnson's a tough cookie but I'd be very surprised if he won).

As for his lack of speed, I actually disagree. Froch isn't lighting fast, but he has sneaky handspeed coupled with awkwardness and good timing that allows him to land a larger number of his punches than might be expected. And whilst it's true he hasn't got a stoppage since Taylor, he still has a lot of power, enough to have a noticeable effect on his opponents, and that has to be taken into account when considering future matchups.

Saying all that, it's very possible Froch gets shut out by Ward for all the reasons you mention above, and a few fights ago I would have said that as well. But Froch possesses the sort of intangibles and gutsy will to win that makes him way more than the mere sum of his parts.

Comment

WTF???? Taylor LOST to Pavlik the second time around (keep up your lies) and beat an already exposed Jeff Lacy afterwards....in a fight where he got knocked down,but the ref didn't count it. Most people at the time believed Taylor's time at the top was over and everyone knew he had stamina issues-Pavlik was the begining of the end for Taylor.Froch only picked up Pav's leftovers.

If boxing was only 6 rounds,both Taylor and Judah would probably be the best...unfortunately there are 12 rounds-lol
              Your right sorry he won a UD or SD..I don't remember??But I do know after getting KO'd brutally he did not look that bad in the rematch..He also did not show stamina problems in the rematch..But he did show bad punch resistance(at least to me he did)..I still have to say that version of Taylor who fought Froch would have trouble anybody at the weight..He was fighting in his backyard had the support of his fans,was in great shape and was confident..I don't believe anybody would have had an easy night with him that night,esp Ward...Ward does not have power bro(not to say he can't buzz or stun an opponent)Taylor is accurate and punches hard,I'll say it again not an easy night for anybody at 160lb esp that night in that building..

Comment

Regarding infighting, Ward's pretty tricky in this regard but Froch, from what I've read, is very physically strong and manhandles guys in the clinch with relative ease. Coupled with his vicious borderline rabbit punching, and he could make things nasty for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                  Thing is Froch, more than any other fighter I can think of in recent years barring perhaps Pac, has improved leaps and bounds in his last few fights, and got more quality rounds under his belt than most fighters get in a career. The difference in only three fights between the Froch that fought Taylor and the Froch that fought Abraham is pretty big and I expect him to raise his game even further when he fights Ward (Johnson's a tough cookie but I'd be very surprised if he won).

As for his lack of speed, I actually disagree. Froch isn't lighting fast, but he has sneaky handspeed coupled with awkwardness and good timing that allows him to land a larger number of his punches than might be expected. And whilst it's true he hasn't got a stoppage since Taylor, he still has a lot of power, enough to have a noticeable effect on his opponents, and that has to be taken into account when considering future matchups.

Saying all that, it's very possible Froch gets shut out by Ward for all the reasons you mention above, and a few fights ago I would have said that as well. But Froch possesses the sort of intangibles and gutsy will to win that makes him way more than the mere sum of his parts.
                  Good post..

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                    Regarding infighting, Ward's pretty tricky in this regard but Froch, from what I've read, is very physically strong and manhandles guys in the clinch with relative ease. Coupled with his vicious borderline rabbit punching, and he could make things nasty for Ward.
                    I think they will have a ref that will most likely pull umm apart before it get's to nasty in there..But Froch get's very frustrated when constantly clinched..he is not above getting dirty if you try to do it in a constant manner..But I think the ref will pull umm a part for the most part,I also think both men jabs will be a key to victory in this fight..

Comment

Part of Froch's stye is to keep his hands down to invite ya in to punch,but the problem here is he is always in a position to counter punch ya..Which is a big reason why Dirrell choose to run not fight Froch(on and hold and try to make love to him)I expect Ward to do a lot of holding against Froch..

Another level nah I don't think so bro,he might be faster and a bit more defensive then Froch I would agree with that..But another level nah I don't think so..A lot of fighters he has faced do not like banging on the inside(with the exception of bika)and that's were he loves to work..He was not able to work there last night and took a lot more punches then I'm use to seeing him take..Froch's jab is like a whip(Ward also has a very good jab)and Frochs height is a very big key to a fight with Ward,not to mention Froch can also fight on the inside..I don't see either fighter having a easy night,but Ward on another level then Froch I beg to differ..

I agree with you Taylor does not movement like Ward or Dirrell(esp Dirrell running azz)but his piston like jab is enough and he does move after throwing it..When Taylor get's tired is when he becomes more stationary,but for about 5 to 6 rds he is moving after catching you with that jab bro..Now I never said Ward pick his opponents but I'm pointing out a fact that all Wards opponents have been very similar and you can not deny this fact...It's also a fact that Froch's opponents have all had very different styles..Taylor Kessler Dirrell and AA all have different styles..Green Kessler(both boxer punchers)and Bika and AA(both slow plodder fighters)have all had the similar styles..Now Froch has to face another style in Johnson..This is a fact,but I thin it will serve Froch well when he faces Ward..
                      I know why Froch keeps the hand low-the problem is,his left isn't going to be quick enough to counter Ward.

To compare Bika (a sporatic,wild and unpredictable fighter) with Kessler is confusing.Froch can face the fighters he has-but this doesn't amount to him facing someone like Ward.

The thing is,Froch has struggled against the two guys he faced who can box...(If Taylor would have taken a knee/the Dirrell gift).Ward imo is more versatile than both of those guys...

Ward is a level above Froch.Ward is the more versatile of the two-a more complete fighter who can adapt and has a great boxing IQ.With Froch,what you see is what you get-no frills.Hey,it's not a bad thing-it's just not going to win him this tourney against Ward.Very tough for Froch to win a decision against Ward.Froch will have to get a KO- which is not likely imo...In fact,Froch hasn't scored one since he has faced better competition (excluding Taylor) and power is the only advantage he has over Ward in terms of skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X