Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to say the least....

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Marquez, Barrera and Morales are legends better than anyone on Floyds record.

And Floyd has a shed load of gimmes at superfeather.
      marqez mebbe. morales 1st fight ok. but after that the versions of morales and barrera that he fought at 130 were little more than names. husks of former great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
        Interesting to say the least....
        nice pic of a cross counter.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          i could probably find you various rankings that had freddy hernandez in the top 10. the ring didn't have those guys in the top 10 and they have the best rankings out there. i'm not gonna go by the phoney wbc rankings or some nonsense.
          Rankings are rankings and top ten doesn't mean very much because after about 5 there are like any of 15 to 20 guys you could slot in because they are all about the same guy at that point.

I don't base how I feel in a contest of who is the smartest kid on the short bus which is pretty much how ranking lists go in boxing, using ranking like that is very lazy it also shows a lack of knowledge and a lack of backbone to form a real opinion on guys.

Comment

Marquez, Barrera and Morales are legends better than anyone on Floyds record.

And Floyd has a shed load of gimmes at superfeather.
            Why are forgetting Morales and Barrera were quite visibly on the slide, though? They were clearly on the decline and showed that. Surely that accounts to something?

Of course he does, Its his first weight class. Who doesn't?

But lets not forget what he did do. Which was more than Pac.

He fought more Top 5 ranked fighters, 2 #1 ranked fighters, was the Lineal Champion with 8 defences. (Some gimme yes I know but some were also solid which also accounts to something)

Floyd has a better resume than Manny at 130. I find it difficult to dispute that.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              marqez mebbe. morales 1st fight ok. but after that the versions of morales and barrera that he fought at 130 were little more than names. husks of former great fighters.

Did you watch Barrera vs Marquez?

Comment

Did you watch the Juarez fights?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Why are forgetting Morales and Barrera were quite visibly on the slide, though? They were clearly on the decline and showed that. Surely that accounts to something?

Of course he does, Its his first weight class. Who doesn't?

But lets not forget what he did do. Which was more than Pac.

He fought more Top 5 ranked fighters, 2 #1 ranked fighters, was the Lineal Champion with 8 defences. (Some gimme yes I know but some were also solid which also accounts to something)

Floyd has a better resume than Manny at 130. I find it difficult to dispute that.

The question pose is about Floyd higher KO percentage at superfeather.

And the fact that Floyd started there and was giving a lot of gimmes explains that.

Pacquiao did take on true greats at that weight.

And Morales, Marquez and Barrera beat Corrales, Hernandez and Chavez for me.

Floyd has changed his style as he has moved up.

He has also had hand problems and changes his gloves.

But from what I have seen Pacquiao is a bigger puncher at superfeather than Mayweather.

Comment

For one Floyd didn't have hand problems at 130. That's the biggest downfall to Floyd's power.

Comment

yea, lets act like it was that close of a close fight. and lets act like barerra beat pac the 1st time when he was in a much more prime condition.

whats ur point? exciting fight. dont mean barerra wasnt faded at 130 because he was. im not one of those kids who just started watching, u kno.

Comment

Working...
                      X