No announcement yet.

Pac had a 50% KO percentage at 130, whilst Floyd 62%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    floyd never fought the long reigning wbo champ(freitas) or the long reigning wba champ(casamayor) so i don't see how he cleaned out the division or fought everyone worth fighting. he fought the number 1 guy(corrales) but beating one guy doesn't give you a free pass to avoid all the other guys. maybe that 1 guy was just a good stylistic matchup for him(it was) and the other guys weren't. casamayor wasn't a slow plodder like corrales he was a slick southpaw so i think we know why that fight never came off.
    LOL~ you know why that fight didn't come off no money in it for Casamoyor thus was not worth the risk, same with Frietas.

Floyd was not always worth the risk, point of fact people did not want to fight him at that point in his career.

If you only started following the sport in the last 5 years I can forgive such a lack of knowledge~ but don't claim to know the deal because you clearly lack that knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Manny Pacquiao had 6 fights against Top 10 opponents at 130? Quite sure that isn't correct. Who were they?

By my count there is, Morales x2, Barrera, and Marquez. In which we know that Morales and Barrera were on the slide also. But, were still ranked highly.

Correct me if i'm wrong, by the way. Pac at 130 seems like a decade ago.
      morales was in the top 10 in all 3 fights and solis is in the top 10 right now. carlos hernandez wasn't in the top 10 when floyd fought him but only years after so it's the same thing. still a top 10 quality fighter.

Comment

morales was in the top 10 in all 3 fights and solis is in the top 10 right now. carlos hernandez wasn't in the top 10 when floyd fought him but only years after so it's the same thing. still a top 10 quality fighter.
        Gerena and Rios were both in the top ten, and Juuko only recently fell out

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          LOL~ you know why that fight didn't come off no money in it for Casamoyor thus was not worth the risk, same with Frietas.

Floyd was not always worth the risk, point of fact people did not want to fight him at that point in his career.

If you only started following the sport in the last 5 years I can forgive such a lack of knowledge~ but don't claim to know the deal because you clearly lack that knowledge.
          yeah that must be it.......no money. why would casamayor take a fight with floyd when he can fight on showtime for hardly anything. fact is he was never offered a fight with floyd even though he badly wanted one but yeah you got the knowledge for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Gerena and Rios were both in the top ten, and Juuko only recently fell out
            according to what?

Comment

yeah that must be it.......no money. why would casamayor take a fight with floyd when he can fight on showtime for hardly anything. fact is he was never offered a fight with floyd even though he badly wanted one but yeah you got the knowledge for sure.
              Floyd was not worth the risk at that point in time~ he was offered he demanded more money.

That doesn't speak to badly wanting the fight.

Comment

Floyd fought opponents at 130 like Jesus Chavez (1-13), here's his record:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4761&cat=boxer

Pacquaio fought the very best at 130.

Comment

this is not true. he said it himself. he never called floyd out at 130, never demanded a fight even tho floyd was the #1 fighter in the division for a long time. the fight just never happened. but dont act like casamayor was calling for the fight. thats patently false and u kno better. casamayor didnt want that fight, its that simple.

Comment

floyd never fought the long reigning wbo champ(freitas) or the long reigning wba champ(casamayor) so i don't see how he cleaned out the division or fought everyone worth fighting. he fought the number 1 guy(corrales) but beating one guy doesn't give you a free pass to avoid all the other guys. maybe that 1 guy was just a good stylistic matchup for him(it was) and the other guys weren't. casamayor wasn't a slow plodder like corrales he was a slick southpaw so i think we know why that fight never came off.
                    Mayweather fought Corales in 2001 and moved up in 2002. In which Casa and Freitas shortly followed him

Those fights weren't available to him at 130.

At 135? They absolutely were. Could they have happened? Absolutely. I wish they did, I was screaming for those fights. Unfortunatly, they didn't come off.

But, at 130, they weren't available. Unless you suggest he should have fought them instead of Corales? Then fair enough. I disagree, though.

At 130, he fought the best fighters available. and pretty much cleaned it out.

That's the only division he did that in, though.

Comment

according to what?
                      According to various rankings, top ten is nebulous I can find rankings that had them top ten. Those guys were all in the mix at 130 at that point though just like Solis was.

I forgive you for not knowing stuff like that though.

Comment

Working...
                      X