No announcement yet.

Pac had a 50% KO percentage at 130, whilst Floyd 62%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    floyd never fought the long reigning wbo champ(freitas) or the long reigning wba champ(casamayor) so i don't see how he cleaned out the division or fought everyone worth fighting. he fought the number 1 guy(corrales) but beating one guy doesn't give you a free pass to avoid all the other guys. maybe that 1 guy was just a good stylistic matchup for him(it was) and the other guys weren't. casamayor wasn't a slow plodder like corrales he was a slick southpaw so i think we know why that fight never came off.
    Mayweather wanted both Freitas and Casamayor so I wouldn't say it was on him. He called them out repeatedly. Said he wanted the winner and showed up front row, visible and yelling throughout the fight and after (when Freitas and Casamayor fought) claiming he wanted the winner. And Freitas flat out ducked him. Floyd at 130 was too risky for most fighters and the big names a division below (Hamed) had no interest in facing him. Why else would he move to 135 and take on Castillo of all people in his first fight? He didn't have a choice and sure as hell wasn't to duck Acelino Freitas.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Floyd fought opponents at 130 like Jesus Chavez (1-13), here's his record:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4761&cat=boxer

Pacquaio fought the very best at 130.
      As did Floyd Mayweather. Its difficult to deny that.

And that was like Floyd's 9th pro fight. Almost everyone has those names on there resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
        So how is it Pacquaio has carried more power up the weights then Mayweather who had the higher KO percentage between them at 130?

This has got me scratching my head.

Anyone?
        Pacquiao fought the better quality opponents for one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          According to various rankings, top ten is nebulous I can find rankings that had them top ten. Those guys were all in the mix at 130 at that point though just like Solis was.

I forgive you for not knowing stuff like that though.
          i could probably find you various rankings that had freddy hernandez in the top 10. the ring didn't have those guys in the top 10 and they have the best rankings out there. i'm not gonna go by the phoney wbc rankings or some nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            morales was in the top 10 in all 3 fights and solis is in the top 10 right now. carlos hernandez wasn't in the top 10 when floyd fought him but only years after so it's the same thing. still a top 10 quality fighter.
            Ahh, I didn't count the loss because I was thinking resume.

And I guess the Solis is legit if you count Hernandez for Floyd but alot can happen in a few years. I guess that cancels it out, though.

So in terms of comp then yeah the fought the same amount.

But, I still stand by Floyd cleaning it out and having the better resume at 130 than Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              As did Floyd Mayweather. Its difficult to deny that.

And that was like Floyd's 9th pro fight. Almost everyone has those names on there resume.
              Manny never fought anybody like that at 130.

If he fought the same opponents Floyd fought at 130, he'd have a higher KO ratio than Floyd at that weight division.

Comment

If he fought the same opponents Floyd fought at 130, he'd have a higher KO ratio than Floyd at that weight division.
                dude, are u ******ed? it was floyds first division real weight division.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Pacquiao fought the better quality opponents for one.
                  Why do people keeping saying this? How is that?

Floyd fought more people ranked in the Top 5 than Pacqiauo.

2 of which were ranked #1.

The ones in which were ranked in the Top 10 at the time; Morales and Barrera were visibly on the slide.

Floyd has the better resume than Pac at 130.

Comment

Yes, again because it was his first division in which almost anyone has those kind of fights.

130 is one of Manny's latter divisons, of course he won't have people like that in there. Which again, debunks the TS theory.

And about Pac KO'ing all those guys, maybe so. It's subjective though, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Why do people keeping saying this? How is that?

Floyd fought more people ranked in the Top 5 than Pacqiauo.

2 of which were ranked #1.

The ones in which were ranked in the Top 10 at the time; Morales and Barrera were visibly on the slide.

Floyd has the better resume than Pac at 130.

Marquez, Barrera and Morales are legends better than anyone on Floyds record.

And Floyd has a shed load of gimmes at superfeather.

Comment

Working...
                      X