Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it was PBF in there that night, could he have kept Margito off him like Manny did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ridiculous to think that floyd would stop mayweather let alone hurt or even bruise him at all. Marg took Cotto's and pacs shots (head & body)without ever slowing down. *

*Are we forgetting lately that mexican's have a ton of heart. They don't back down and Margarito is a prime example of a mexican's heart.

Mayweather is a potshotter, he rarely throws punches and bunches. The way cotto and pac landed combinations with power and still weren't able to knock marg down tells me marg would eat mayweathers shots like nacho'cheese.

The only way i see mayweather winning is if he uses his feet and if joe cortez were reffing the fight. Otherwise, marg breaks mayweathers defense by pressuring him the same way he did against cotto.

Comment

• Castillo was effective in the first fight of doing this but was ripped off. Delahoya tried but his stamina sucks and since he let Floyd Sr train him he seemed to forget how to body punch. His body punches were like an amatuer he was hitting with the palm instead of the fist. Many Black fighters here in Southern California hit like that. I know I corrected many of them in how to throw proper body shots. Black fighters who are good body punchers have had Mexican trainers or white Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
        Wow someone called out Mayweather...And that means he fights him.

Margo called him out to his face and turning Floyd to invert into a vagina. He babbled on about "not fighting to see who the best was...". I dont know what Margo ranking was at the time but i am sure he was in the top 3 welter.

And the p4p comment, jeez, so fu*kin what!. If Lennox Lewis came out from retirement and Chad Dawson called out him when he was in the p4p list, it will be justification for Lewis to fighting him, yes?
        Thats *****s logic. As long as ur in p4p. Division doesnt matter. Typical *****s argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
          The two aren't comparable in any sense you ******. You owned yourself by comparing the 2 in relation to Floyd.
          At age 36 vs. Floyd barely made it. Margarito would have given a better competition. We are not talking about a young Oscar here. Margarito would have KOed Oscar now or 3 years ago. That's why Oscar ducked Margarito.

The topic is Margarito versus Floyd, the comparison is valid dumbass.

Comment

• Pac didn't keep him off as much as he could have
            Pac was willing to stand and fight, Floyd never does that
            Floyd woulda been way more elusive to Tony than Pac was
            wouldn't give him as bad a beating, but would have kept him off more

Comment

• Originally posted by jabSTRAIGHTh00k View Post
              It's ridiculous to think that floyd would stop mayweather let alone hurt or even bruise him at all. Marg took Cotto's and pacs shots (head & body)without ever slowing down. *

*Are we forgetting lately that mexican's have a ton of heart. They don't back down and Margarito is a prime example of a mexican's heart.

Mayweather is a potshotter, he rarely throws punches and bunches. The way cotto and pac landed combinations with power and still weren't able to knock marg down tells me marg would eat mayweathers shots like nacho'cheese.

The only way i see mayweather winning is if he uses his feet and if joe cortez were reffing the fight. Otherwise, marg breaks mayweathers defense by pressuring him the same way he did against cotto.

Margarito's aggressiveness and lack of defense would force Floyd to stand his ground. That would allow Floyd to load up on his punches, land damaging blows. See the bold, strongly disagree. Mayweather's defense is top notch from all ranges, especially in close, Floyd is also the better inside fighter. Floyd could stop him, would in my opinion.

Comment

• i think you'd see a lot of this

Comment

• That version of marg Floyd would have won and won decisevely.

The 2004-2008 version of Margarito? I don't know, I think it's a 50/50 fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Pressure is how to fight Floyd, and a (much) bigger man like Marg would give Floyd a long night.

Floyd admitted to avoiding him when Tony was calling him out last year on Boxingscene. He said he knew something "wasn't right" about him and that he "told the whole world" about Margarito. I don't blame him, Tony looked like a monster against Cotto.

I think it would have been a close fight. If a 140lber like Hatton could bully Floyd, who knows how it would have looked with Tony in there.
                    its amazing how you guys dont know **** about boxing...pressuring floyd is what gets you and brtual beating and stopped. pressuring floyd is the last thing any fighter wants to do, especially someone like Cheato.

let pac pressure floyd, hes beating is going to be brutal and will end up on teh canvass

Comment

• Really don't know why you even consider *****s opinions here. All they have is coulda, shoulda. You'll never win arguments with that fantasy nonsense. Fact that Floyd never had the ball to prove his skills by fighting these guys just meant to me that these speculations are worth ****. He ducked them all. And now here's Pac or Martinez that could have proved his skills with one fell swoop and what did he do? Vacation. Demand stupid tests he never demanded in his 40 fights. There's Martinez who is willing to do it and we never even heard Floyd mention his name.

**** *****s opinions. They don't mean ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X